Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Need Tire Recomendations

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 12:36 AM
Night_Stalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Tire Recomendations

Just got some new rims and now I need tires, but I need help choosing which ones.

What I am looking for above all is a tire with good steering and turn in response. So I guess something with a fairly stiff sidewall. I don't want to end up with a "mushy" steering car, if you know what I mean.

I also want a tire that will give me good grip at the drag races or on spirited drives. Also, I don't want to have to do a burnout just to get the grip. I'll do a burnout at the drag strip for that extra grip, but doing a burnout for those "mountain passes" is a bit over the top, IMO.

Wet weather handling isn't much of a concern for me since I live in Hawaii (if it is raining I'll just take my beater car), but it still needs to be capable of going in water on those surprise showers (I'll go super slow if needed).

Comfort, noise, and tread life are all things I am willing to give up, to a certain degree, for more grip. But if I don't have to give up those things, then great. Also, money isn't really an issue, but of course, the less expensive it is, the better.

Now before everyone tells me to search, I already did. And what I came up with is BFG G-Force T/A kdw. Does this tire meet my above requirements or is there a better tire to fit my needs. Also, a good friend of mine told me BFGs are usually heavier than other tire brands. Is this true and would that make a noticeable difference.

The Last thing I need is sizes. It seems that a 285 rear and a 245 front would be my best choices, considering my criteria. Any opinions on this?

TIA.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:38 AM
Night_Stalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgot to mention rim sizes are 19x9.5 and 19x10.5.