Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Why do front and rear tires need to match?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 04:42 PM
herbrock17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gdup35sedan
The tires definitely DON'T have to match. I work at Bridgestone/Firestone and I put mismatched tires on cars all day. I've had a car come in with a different tire on every corner!!! As for your question of a tire that is measureable to the RE040 I would try out the potenza RE750. It's performance matches the RE's but lasts more than twice as long. the tread wear is 340 as opposed to the RE's 140. Plus they're not as expensive as your OE tires. If you're looking for better performance than the RE's I'd go with the Potenza S0-3 Pole Positions. They might be a tad more expensive than the RE040's but they are definitely worth it. I have them on my G and i love em. They will last you about 15,000 miles on average with a treadwear rating of 220 and they are grippy as all hell. The S0-3's are Bridgestone's 'Platinum' performance tire whereas the RE750 is 'Gold' performance tire. I think the RE040's are also rated as 'Gold' in our system. If you have anymore questions about Bridgestone tires i'd be happy to help
-GP-
In your honest opininon, what do you think about the Bridgestone Fuzion tires?? I was told they were comparable to the OEM Bridgestone Potenza. The guy at the ETD Tire shop said it was an exlusive tire for their chain, whatever that means?!? Anyways, the OEM tires went for about $300 each so I went with the lesser expensive Fuzion's on my 2 rear tires which needed replacing as they discovered 3-4 nails in each rear tire. The Fuzion's worked out to only $200 each. Please advise and/or PM as I don't check the board too often. Or shoot me an email @ JRoadZ@gmail.com

Thanks!!