Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Wheels spacers

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 09:20 AM
[]V[]addog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels spacers

I"m looking at getting wheels spacers for stock 18 inch wheels. I want it to fill out nicely but don;t want to run into any rubbing issues. What size (front and rear) woudl be good with 350z 18 inch wheels. and if anyoen has any pics that would be great too.

What I woudl liek to do is get the 06 350z wheels with spaces and lower the suspension about and inch, maybe inch and a half. So I'm looking fo rhte best size wheels spacers front and back. Any particular brands I shoudl stay away from? And i shoudl get hubcentric ones correct?

thanks for our help
Old 04-25-2006, 09:50 AM
kpiskin

From what I've been reading 15mm up front and 20mm in back seem to be most common without rubbing. I can't speak to lowering.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:54 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

H&R Track+ Hub-Centrics seem to be the best, followed by the Project Kicks with added Hub Centric Rings.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:56 AM
hr2burn

You really need to lower first. I get my 20mm tomorrow! Call Josh at 408-635-0000 (autornd) He knows crazy stuff about this on Z's. They look at your offset and tires size/width/profile and how much drop to figure it out. They run $120 to $130 range.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:45 AM
[]V[]addog

i would give hime a call but I'm on CANADA, and don't really have the money to do my suspension right at the moment.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:49 AM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by []V[]addog
I"m looking at getting wheels spacers for stock 18 inch wheels. I want it to fill out nicely but don;t want to run into any rubbing issues. What size (front and rear) woudl be good with 350z 18 inch wheels. and if anyoen has any pics that would be great too.

What I woudl liek to do is get the 06 350z wheels with spaces and lower the suspension about and inch, maybe inch and a half. So I'm looking fo rhte best size wheels spacers front and back. Any particular brands I shoudl stay away from? And i shoudl get hubcentric ones correct?

thanks for our help

Here's my input..

I have an '06 and I am only running 15MM H&R spacers on the rears and none up front.

I lowered with Hotchkis springs. Lowering the whole car 1" all around could have worked too maybe but IMO dropping it 1.5"all around will make it look slammed with the stock '06 18's.

Just with the Hotchkis I have already scrapped a few times pulling into parking lots and or driveways.

I'm personally glad I went with Hotchkis tho, dropping 1" all around might have worked too. The rear would have looked better but the front would have been lower than what I wanted.

If you were to use a 5MM spacer up front, the sides of the tires will protrude beyond the front fenders. Do you want the front tires sticking out past the fenders? They will be tucked in at the top of the fender but the bottom half of the tires/wheels will stick out past the fenders.

Also if you run more than a 15MM spacer on the rear, it will IMO look kinda lame because the skinny 245 tires will look too far apart, like somebody used wheels spacers The 15MM spacers in the rear, push them out just enough so that they don't look tucked in but not so far that they look lame.

Best bet is to but fat rims and tires but I'm being cheap for now.

Last edited by Chad68; 04-26-2006 at 12:52 AM.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:51 PM
Volk350Z
Master

If you are going with spacer i would get the Kics 15mm front & 20mm rear.. come with stud on the spacer...
Old 04-27-2006, 09:08 AM
Auto RnD

+1 for project kics..
they are great and i haven't seem them brake like other lesser companies.
also install is a breeze compared to the hnr
just take off wheel and bolt on spacer.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:25 AM
Jun
350Z-holic

where do you buy the project kics spacers?
Old 04-28-2006, 09:10 AM
anotheraznguy

you can buy it from auto rnd
Old 04-28-2006, 11:35 AM
hr2burn

Yes autornd....com 1-408-635-0000 Josh seems to know the most about Z's. Awesome guys to deal with.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:37 PM
[]V[]addog

thx for all the replies guys/ I love input, then i go back and reserch some more. the only other option is the g35 18 inch wheels. Either way i think they need to be pushed out just a bit. THanks again.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:54 PM
jinsei888

i was also looking at the pkics and as for the hubcentric rings, does that option include the rings to make only the spacer itself hubcentric (and not wheelcentric from spacer-to-wheel)? Or are the wheel centric rings also a part of that whole package? Auto RnD I'm sure would know this best of all
Old 05-06-2006, 04:38 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry, someone enlighten me as to why you would even put spacers on this car, especially when there are so many excellent wheel choices out there that fit correctly. makes absolutely no sense at all to weaken the integrity of your wheels with something that is not needed IMO, especially for stock wheels.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:31 AM
sq40

Originally Posted by jinsei888
i was also looking at the pkics and as for the hubcentric rings, does that option include the rings to make only the spacer itself hubcentric (and not wheelcentric from spacer-to-wheel)? Or are the wheel centric rings also a part of that whole package? Auto RnD I'm sure would know this best of all

I am not sure about the PKicks, But the H&R are built car-specific and have the hub centering system milled in to the spacer and they also extend the hub out so that your wheels fit hub-centric as well. Everything fits within a MM or so so there is virtually NO play at all between the Hub, Spacer and Wheel, they all line up perfectly.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:37 AM
sq40

Originally Posted by Z04
sorry, someone enlighten me as to why you would even put spacers on this car, especially when there are so many excellent wheel choices out there that fit correctly. makes absolutely no sense at all to weaken the integrity of your wheels with something that is not needed IMO, especially for stock wheels.
There are quite a few, Some people buy them to widen or change the stance of the car for drag racing to adjust the car to the track. Some people buy them to widen the stance of the car for AutoX stability. Some people buy them to move their wheels out for a wide body kit. Most folks buy them to enchance the look of their car or to adapt a set of wheels that they like to fit the car.

For all intents and purposes, a top-of-the-line set of spacer should not effect your integrity enough to compromise safety, even under racing conditions. They have been proven time and time again to be a valuable tool for a variety of applications as long as you don't go cheap.

There are far more wheels on the market with offests in the +40 range than in the +30 - +20 range that the Z likes. No everyone likes the Deep Lip so a spacer is often required to make the other 80% of the wheels on the market work and look great.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:55 AM
[]V[]addog

especaily for stock wheels....
first off, not everyone wwants to spend 3 grand on new wheels and rubber, second, If you want to keep it clean and not customoze but still want to make your wheels flush with you fenders
... and I agree, you can;t go the cheap route. You get what you pay for....
Old 05-06-2006, 03:09 PM
hr2burn

My Porsche 911 SC comes stock with 1and1/4 INCH spacer in the rear, the unsafe kind are the spacers that just mounts between hub and wheel requiring longer studs. The kind that bolt onto rotor and then have studs coming from them do not have the concerns of the "longer stud spacers"
Old 05-06-2006, 09:05 PM
jinsei888

Originally Posted by sq40
I am not sure about the PKicks, But the H&R are built car-specific and have the hub centering system milled in to the spacer and they also extend the hub out so that your wheels fit hub-centric as well. Everything fits within a MM or so so there is virtually NO play at all between the Hub, Spacer and Wheel, they all line up perfectly.
i know how the H&R's are but I was curious about the pkicks specifically since I haven't used them, but I'm gonna swing by auto rnd on monday so i guess i'll just ask 'em there
Old 05-06-2006, 09:22 PM
mprasadjr

+1 KICS; have them on my Z

Quick Reply: Wheels spacers