Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Tsw

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 07:08 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Korki Buchek
I agreed with you up until you said "Enkei has some ugly *** designs." While some of their designs aren't my choice, Enkei is a solid manufacturer with a long history in the tuning and racing field. I'd go for a set of lightweight racing Enkei's over just about any set of Works or Volks.
sorry, I was thinking of 5zigens.

but you missed my point. (and I love Enkie NT03+m!) my point was that I do not overlook bad designs from manufacturers I respect (enkie, Advan, Volk, Work, Kinesis...) and call them the same way I call a TSW or ASA, Rial...

that is all, wasn't knocking enkie persay.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:18 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Motormouth
That's great, and that is your opinion... just like my opinion is MY opinion... And with phrases like yours, I give much more weight to MY opinion over a douche that says 'ur' and 'played' in the same sentence, as well as using the incorrect 'there' instead of 'their'. So, why not go back to high school or try for a GED smart guy?

And I like my spare tires besides the fact that color has nothing to do with rim design

yeah, sometimes i rush my paragraphs because I actually have a job that I need to do. When I have time i look it over and make sure everything is right. I love how you throw out the college thing like it means something. College was breeze but it failed me at typing fast on the internet!!! Only douches like you bring this up when you can obviously tell im trying to type fast. If you cant, then your ***** is small and you trying to compensate.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:18 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
Yes rim choice can affect a cars character as it affects other aspects of the car (tire choice has the bigger change BTW) - but that's not what I am talking about.

Not for nothing, but having owned, built and raced cars for the last 16 years of my life, I know a thing or two about what mods make a noticeable difference and what mods don't on the street, and I've had a unique opportunity to have the luxury of trying parts out, on my own car, just for the hell of it. But let's not get confused - this ain't Le Mans, and we're not building race cars here (most of us at least). While I sell this stuff for a living, I'd never try to convince myself, or anyone else, that they will notice 16 lbs of unsprung weight, split among 4 wheels, on their street car. If you claim you are so sensitive that you notice the difference, then more power to ya.

Again, this does not negate the fact that one might still choose to purchase said items - hell I've got stuff on my car that I know full well I have absolutely zero need for (actually, it's quite a long list) ...but it did not diminish my desire for those items.
God, I am right there with you (CF bits!!)

But I still can't believe that you say you don't feel the difference, but you have the experience... not me. everything I have ever read about chassis design and engineering stresses the importance of unsprung weight.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:20 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
yeah, sometimes i rush my paragraphs because I actually have a job that I need to do. When I have time i look it over and make sure everything is right. I love how you throw out the college thing like it means something. College was breeze but it failed me at typing fast on the internet!!! Only douches like you bring this up when you can obviously tell im trying to type fast. If you cant, then your ***** is small and you trying to compensate.
dude, I didn't go to college nor did I even mention college (reading comprehension? check) but HIGHSCHOOL. I hope we have all completed it.

College also failed you at teaching you how to form coherent sentences I see. And I type very fast also, but spell checker is only one click away.

and FYI: I compensate for my small ***** by buying expensive wheels
Old 05-25-2007, 07:22 AM
XtoZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Thruxtons, and I have been happy with them so far.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:22 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

God, I am right there with you (CF bits!!)

But I still can't believe that you say you don't feel the difference, but you have the experience... not me. everything I have ever read about chassis design and engineering stresses the importance of unsprung weight.
ask anyone that knows me...I'm not a BS type of guy, and I don't need to overhype something to justify it to myself or my customers My approach has always been pretty simple - explain the options and let the customer make the choice. I don't count their money or spend it for them, and I don't try to push my personal preferences onto them.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:23 AM
Motormouth
Banned

A member of my car club had them and loved them as well. the color/ finish on them was really nice and matches the silverstone well!
Old 05-25-2007, 07:23 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
ask anyone that knows me...I'm not a BS type of guy, and I don't need to overhype something to justify it to myself or my customers My approach has always been pretty simple - explain the options and let the customer make the choice. I don't count their money or spend it for them, and I don't try to push my personal preferences onto them.
and for that, we thank you.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:30 AM
AroundMyHorn

dude, I didn't go to college nor did I even mention college (reading comprehension? check) but HIGHSCHOOL. I hope we have all completed it.

College also failed you at teaching you how to form coherent sentences I see. And I type very fast also, but spell checker is only one click away.

and FYI: I compensate for my small ***** by buying expensive wheels

people forget how different typing on the net is compared to writing an essay.
Congratulations dude, your good at going back and checking on your forum sentences for grammar and spelling! Guess what you win!!??........nothing.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:40 AM
Motormouth
Banned

people forget how different typing on the net is compared to writing an essay.
Congratulations dude, your good at going back and checking on your forum sentences for grammar and spelling! Guess what you win!!??........nothing.
I am paid by the U.S. department of education for each line of sentences I correct. so I 'win' about $30,000 a year in compensation.

I also get a tax write off for my Internet connection subscription.

and the only essay I have written in the past 5 years was for my girlfriend's College English class, spell check is available through Google toolbar and is a LIFESAVER sometimes. click and takes an extra .03 of a second to verify you aren't sounding like a jackass.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:44 AM
AroundMyHorn

I am paid by the U.S. department of education for each line of sentences I correct. so I 'win' about $30,000 a year in compensation.

I also get a tax write off for my Internet connection subscription.

and the only essay I have written in the past 5 years was for my girlfriend's College English class, spell check is available through Google toolbar and is a LIFESAVER sometimes. click and takes an extra .03 of a second to verify you aren't sounding like a jackass.

whats funny is, even if you do correctly punctuate your sentences you still come off sounding like jackass....strange huh.

P.S, thx for the google tip, I may use it for something a little more important.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:04 AM
Motormouth
Banned

you are welcome. the google thing really is a lifesaver and very simple to use.

did I call YOU a jackass? and coming from you, I'll take that as a compliment
Old 05-25-2007, 08:05 AM
Motormouth
Banned

P.S, thx for the google tip, I may use it for something a little more important.
and just as an aside: what would be the 'something a little more important' that you type on the internet and would use google spellcheck for?
Old 05-25-2007, 08:13 AM
wasuber

Fanboy running rampant in here... look out! LOL seriously, I have wheels from both worlds guys, when i bought my Z I looked high and low for wheels that were gonna fit my car best for what I "originally" wanted to do with it, well things have changed and now I have a set of "high end" wheels as well as my TSW's I actually still like the look of my car with the Thruxtons on it vs. my TE37's and I have had so many compliments on my cars looks with both sets on.

The ones that love the TSW are the mainstream people and car enthusiasts in general.

The ones that love my Volks are a 50/50 mix of ricer kids that wanna hump my leg that are just lame fanboy "trendy followers" that only buy wheels because they wanna be accepted by the other fanboys that have small penises. And the others are tuners/racers that acknowledge that it was a good choice to buy a forged wheel if you want to do some racing.

I'll post up some pics, also I don't know how that guy F'd up his wheel but they don't just crack like that for no reason lol @ someone trying to spread that crap propaganda. Idiot!

Old 05-25-2007, 08:14 AM
AroundMyHorn

and just as an aside: what would be the 'something a little more important' that you type on the internet and would use google spellcheck for?

its called sarcasm...
Old 05-25-2007, 08:15 AM
sixsigmalarry

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face Thread took a strange turn....

dkorr,
IMO, get what you like. I don't think any of these wheels are going to be a 'night and day' difference in regarding an impact to performance (unless one is significantly lighter than the rest).

I happen to like the Thruxtons the best out of the three you mentioned.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by dkorr
anyone know which of the TSWs are best for our cars (looks, price, performance)?

a) Thruxton
b) Kyalami
c) Vortex
Old 05-25-2007, 08:18 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Good for both of you... You well educated geniuses should take it to PM's already (and spellcheck eachother's messages LOL) or start your own thread on getting butt hurt and personal about subjective opinions on wheel choices. Geez.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 05-25-2007 at 08:44 AM.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:25 AM
AroundMyHorn

Originally Posted by wasuber
Fanboy running rampant in here... look out! LOL seriously, I have wheels from both worlds guys, when i bought my Z I looked high and low for wheels that were gonna fit my car best for what I "originally" wanted to do with it, well things have changed and now I have a set of "high end" wheels as well as my TSW's I actually still like the look of my car with the Thruxtons on it vs. my TE37's and I have had so many compliments on my cars looks with both sets on.

The ones that love the TSW are the mainstream people and car enthusiasts in general.

The ones that love my Volks are a 50/50 mix of ricer kids that wanna hump my leg that are just lame fanboy "trendy followers" that only buy wheels because they wanna be accepted by the other fanboys that have small penises. And the others are tuners/racers that acknowledge that it was a good choice to buy a forged wheel if you want to do some racing.

I'll post up some pics, also I don't know how that guy F'd up his wheel but they don't just crack like that for no reason lol @ someone trying to spread that crap propaganda. Idiot!

I love the look of the TE's man....one of my fav's. I actually contemplated buying a set but decided to go with a big brake kit instead. That had to be one of the toughest decisions for me because I know Volk is the Z's "wheel of choice" but I wanted the best of both worlds. When I bought my car it already had the thruxtons on it and I thought it looked pretty good. Then I stumbled across this forum and BAM....all I see is a plethora of good looking wheels. If i had to buy new wheels would I go with the Thruxtons??...probably not after seeing my choices....but for someone who wants a pretty good looking, strong wheel at half the price?? I'd say go for it.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:33 AM
wasuber

I think the 19's are around 225-275 a piece new and mine are 2 years old and look like they are brand new still not a scratch on them, I take care of my stuff rather well though. I even thought about selling them when I picked up the Volks but I like the idea of having and extra set of wheels for some reason
Old 05-25-2007, 08:36 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by dkorr
anyone know which of the TSWs are best for our cars (looks, price, performance)?

a) Thruxton
b) Kyalami
c) Vortex
As mentioned in my first post... I like the Mondello and I would love to see it on a Z. But if that's not your taste, here's my opinion on your three choices:

a) Thruxton- Not a big fan of the fake 2 or 3-piece wheel look. Those nuts around the rim are fake.

b) Kyalami- For that syle of wheel, I would recommend going with something lighter like Enkei or BBS.

c) Vortex- Not bad. Clean and simple at least.

TSW's aren't bad quality(despite what some are saying) and IMO are a decent wheel for the money, but they are relatively heavy wheels compared to others available on the market. I got my Mondellos because I thought they looked unique at the time compared to the other wheels I had seen on Z's and G's. I hadn't seen another wheel with a cranked end design with a sharp angle at the outer edge of the spokes like that. None of the designs on your choices are particularly unique. So given your three choices, I would recommend looking at other manufacturers who make similar designs that are lighter in weight. Just my .

I hope this helps!

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 05-25-2007 at 08:56 AM.

Quick Reply: Tsw