Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Just put on new wheels and tires, steering wheel shakes now

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 07:35 AM
TiresDirect.net
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem when running nittos. After many rebalances I replaced the tires with another brand and the problem dissapered.

Dave
TD4L
Old 05-17-2007, 08:08 AM
thanh27

Originally Posted by TD4L
I had the same problem when running nittos. After many rebalances I replaced the tires with another brand and the problem dissapered.

Dave
TD4L
I hope that is not the case. I mean, if Nitto tires gave vibration where your steering wheel actually shook and vibrated I'd like to think the tires wouldn't be in production anymore or got CRAP reviews....to which I research prior and heard nothing but good stuff about the Neo Gens, with no one mentioning vibration.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:09 AM
TiresDirect.net
Banned

Originally Posted by thanh27
I hope that is not the case. I mean, if Nitto tires gave vibration where your steering wheel actually shook and vibrated I'd like to think the tires wouldn't be in production anymore or got CRAP reviews....to which I research prior and heard nothing but good stuff about the Neo Gens, with no one mentioning vibration.
To be more specific, i was running nitto 555 (non-drag radial) on the front and they caused my steering wheel to shake. It was at its worst when driving 30-60mph. I replaced them with Toyo T1R and they were smooth as silk.

Some might say that i am biased cause i represent a site sponsor that sells toyos, but that was my experience.

Dave
TD4L
Old 05-17-2007, 05:06 PM
thanh27

Got the high speed balance done today and every wheel basically got re-done. One specific wheel, which the tech showed me, had the weights inverted so I am going to assume that was the main culprit. Drove the car around at different speeds and acceleration and only felt the normal Z or road interference. Tomorrow I will test it on the highway to work, but overall am finally super please the major vinration is gone. Knowing now that this vibration all came from the bad balancing I am glad I didn't wait any longer to get the balance done since I figure prlonging it would have doen some crap damage to this new car. Now just need to put the final hub ring for the rear wheel and it's all set!