Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

motegi touge..

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 04:47 PM
Emmure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motegi touge..

Hey guys im new to the site and to z's.. but i was just wondering waht you guys thought of these wheels... Motegi Touge in gloss black. 19x10 only 26.3 pounds! Same wheels found on the aem drift car... possibly going to order them tonight.
Attached Images  
Old 06-28-2007, 07:01 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome. If you like the wheels, get them.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:15 PM
sry110

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Emmure
Hey guys im new to the site and to z's.. but i was just wondering waht you guys thought of these wheels... Motegi Touge in gloss black. 19x10 only 26.3 pounds! Same wheels found on the aem drift car... possibly going to order them tonight.
IMO not a bad looking wheel. However not to bash or anything, but don't get too excited about a 19x10 wheel that weighs 26.3 lbs. There are a crap ton of guys around here running some variety of forged monoblock 19" wheels at low 20 lb. range for 10.5 width. But for drifting maybe a heavy rear wheel is good, to add more weight to the rear end of the car and let it kick out easier.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:26 PM
Sirk17

I have those rims in bronze and worked For American Racing/Motegi. Make sure you get them from a wheel place...DO NOT ORDER THME ONLINE. 95% chance you are gonna have a clear coat issue and if you don't getc them from an authorized dealer your screwed. Also ARE/Motegi only covers the face of the wheel for clear coat and not the "lip" and only for 90 days. I got mine for $50 a wheel and have been happy minus some minor clear coat damage that was my fault but how could I go wrong for 50 a wheel. There are alot of similar wheels out there for much cheaper..I would most likly go with soemthing similar maybe from ADR.

PS They use them on the drift car becasue they PAY AEM a TON of cash. It is a sold wheel that is hard to bend. Plus those drift cars are making more than enough power to spin that wheel.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:14 PM
Emmure

Thanks for the advice... i know there are alot of lighter wheels.. but i like the style of these... alot of lightwieght wheels are very basic... i dont want overly flashly but something with a little character.. the power is not the problem either .. i currently have a complete rb26det longblock in my shop just sourcing out a tranny and a reptable shop to do the swap.. need to find a beater car to support while the swap is taking place... anyways.. any recommendations?
Old 06-28-2007, 09:35 PM
nooooorb

Originally Posted by Sirk17
I have those rims in bronze and worked For American Racing/Motegi. Make sure you get them from a wheel place...DO NOT ORDER THME ONLINE. 95% chance you are gonna have a clear coat issue and if you don't getc them from an authorized dealer your screwed. Also ARE/Motegi only covers the face of the wheel for clear coat and not the "lip" and only for 90 days. I got mine for $50 a wheel and have been happy minus some minor clear coat damage that was my fault but how could I go wrong for 50 a wheel. There are alot of similar wheels out there for much cheaper..I would most likly go with soemthing similar maybe from ADR.

PS They use them on the drift car becasue they PAY AEM a TON of cash. It is a sold wheel that is hard to bend. Plus those drift cars are making more than enough power to spin that wheel.
Wow. Can you still get them for $50 a wheel? Hook the brother up, man...