Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Same size wheel/ tires all around-easy rotation?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 08:36 AM
mattvols

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same size wheel/ tires all around-easy rotation?

Has anyone put the same size wheel and tires all around? This would make it easy to roatate the tires front to back if they are the same size. This the one thing (besides Bose) that I hate about the car.
Old 05-09-2003, 09:30 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

to use the words of someone else

"its the nature of the beast"

you COULD do it, but the over all diameters of front to rear are different, its not like they use different sized rims with the same overall diameter. so the car would sit differently, with that, it would handle differently.

btw you can rotate the tires, just not in the typical way. you can unmount the tread, and reverse its direction, then mount it on the opposite side of the car; fronts stay on front, rears stay on rear.(or if you dont get directional tread, you can just swap the sides without reversing the tread direction), not AS good as doing a full right rear to front left, but better than nothing.
Old 05-09-2003, 11:28 AM
2003z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is what it looks like, but these are my track only tires, not street rubber. If you are planning on lowering with springs, don't do it, as the springs tend to lower the rear more, and with the same size tires, the rear is already lowered to level the car.
Attached Thumbnails Same size wheel/ tires all around-easy rotation?-enkei-rpo2.jpg  
Old 05-09-2003, 04:30 PM
D'oh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been thinking about getting new front tires that are the same size as the rears, but after checking out the tire wear, I'm not sure if it would help that much.

Both front and rears are wearing the inside of the tires first (only by a little bit). On my car, the fronts are wearing much quicker overall than the rears and are are wearing pretty smoothly (no problems with cupping). I just don't see a much of a benefit for a rotation other than removing the tire from the rim and flipping it around so you can distribute the wear more evenly across the tire.

In a car with the tire cupping problems, it might help quite a bit to rotate, but with even tire wear it doesn't seem like it would help much.

-D'oh!