Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Anyone have this problem?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 07:23 PM
Zomega

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have this problem?

I'm in the military and I've been gone so I havn't really been able to address this issue with my Z. A few months back I got 19" Volk GT-S with Toyo T1-R's... Well I didn't really notice it at first (cause of my excitement I guess) but when I'm driving and hit around 70ish my steering wheel starts to vibrate... I thought ok alignment so went and got it aligned... Tire balancing also popped in my head but I sat there and watched em balance the tires when they were putting them on. I wanna get this fixed before I have to replace something... It was too expensive to have to replace sooner than needed due to me not getting something fixed... Anyone else have this problem? or know of this happening? Any advise would be awsome... thanks.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:34 PM
OffsetZ33

Did you install hubcentric rings when you put on the new wheels? If not, then it could be as simple as that - easy fix to buy a set of rings. If that is not your problem then it may be a balance issue.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:04 PM
Zomega

To be honest, I've never heard of hubcentric rings. As soon as I read your post I googled it and read about them. Honestly I'm not sure if they installed them or not. I'm definately making a phone call tomorrow. Sounds like an easy fix, hope that's all it is. Thanks for the information, Even if it's not the issue. Always good to know. Thanks agian.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:01 PM
Max-Q

Originally Posted by OffsetZ33
Did you install hubcentric rings when you put on the new wheels? If not, then it could be as simple as that - easy fix to buy a set of rings. If that is not your problem then it may be a balance issue.
+1 that's your problem right there. You will get high speed wobble without them.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:57 PM
jjellyneck

If the hubcentric rings are installed, then it could still be a balance problem. Could be a rock or something inside the tire moving around, could be a bad balance job on one of the front tires. Possibly one of the wheels weights fell off (I've had that happen).