Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Nitto Invo or Falken 452s?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Jon70ProofZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nitto Invo or Falken 452s?

Thinking about going with the nittos this time the falkens are nice but a little bouncy even after numerous balancing attempts. Just curious if anyone has the invo tires and what they think in wet and dry traction
Old 09-10-2007, 01:44 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,309 Likes on 1,663 Posts

Best tire i have ever drivin on to date. You will never look back once you drive on them.

Last edited by terrasmak; 02-17-2009 at 08:40 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:27 PM
AboostedG
Twin Spoolin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had Toyo T1-R tires previous, and they were okay while they lasted. Wasn't my first choice of tires that's for sure, but when I needed some after the stockers were gone and also put on new shoes, those were the only ones available in-stock at that time.

I just put on some Nitto Invo tires on my car Friday. So far I've put on over 500+ miles and these things STICK to the ground! They are pretty quiet and no complaints on them yet. I even ran through some wet roads, not pouring down rain, but still some rain nonetheless. Reason I went with the Invo's is because I wanted something different from the rest of the crowd and didn't want to pay the price of the Michelin PS2's. I had looked up reviews on other websites/forums and the actual Nitto website and figured what the hell since they had the sizes I wanted, they seemed interesting enough to try out and so far I don't have any regrets.

Last edited by AboostedG; 09-10-2007 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nitto and Toyo is the same thing.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:10 AM
Jon70ProofZ

i found a local shop that is going to get the invo's installed on my car for 203 each for the back and 157 for the front sounds like a great deal to me don't you think?
Old 09-12-2007, 06:52 AM
StreetOC192

I just ordered a set of Invo's for my new wheels this morning. After weeks of researching tires, the Invo's seemed to have the best review/$$$ ratio. Plus, I like to be different and EVERYONE seems to have T1R's these days.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:59 AM
StreetOC192

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
Nitto and Toyo is the same thing.
Actually Nitto recently broke off from Toyo and are now their own company. However Toyo does still make some of Nitto's tires. Quoted from Toyo's North American Plant website:

Company Background

Name: Toyo Tire North America, Inc. (TNA)
Profile: North America tire manufacturing and warehouse facility
Date established: June 2004
Start of production: Q1 2006
Internet: www.toyotires.us
President: Shozo (Carlos) Kibata President, Toyo Tire International, Inc. Managing Executive Officer of Toyo Tire & Rubber Co., Ltd.
Ownership: Wholly-owned subsidiary of Toyo Tire International, Inc., a wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary of Toyo Tire & Rubber Co., Ltd.

Plant Background

Number of employees: 350 employees to start, capable of increasing to estimated 900
Total site area: 150 acres
Total floor area: Just under 1 million square feet
Production capacity: 2 million passenger car and light truck tires/year with future phases of facility capable of producing up to 6 million tires/year
Product Lines:
Toyo and Nitto brand tires:
• Toyo Proxes S/T High Performance Sport Truck and SUV Radial
• Toyo Open Country M/T All-Around Light Truck Traction Radial
• Toyo Open Country A/T Versatile All-Terrain Light Truck Radial
• Nitto NT 420S All-Season High Performance Truck and SUV Radial
• Nitto Mud Grappler Mud-Terrain Light Truck Radial
• Nitto Terra Grappler #1-Rated All-Terrain Light Truck Radial
• Nitto NT 555 Ultra High Performance Radial
Old 09-12-2007, 07:01 AM
StreetOC192

Originally Posted by Jon70ProofZ
i found a local shop that is going to get the invo's installed on my car for 203 each for the back and 157 for the front sounds like a great deal to me don't you think?
Those are really good prices. A local chain tire shop wanted almost DOUBLE those prices. I went through a tire website and got them for about the same price you are paying and free shipping.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:02 AM
eez

Interesting... My nitto neogens are netting me almost no traction since going FI (s/c). I am in need of better traction for sure. The neogens were great n/a. Cheap, nice design for neg camber, no feathering, quiet, etc. I saw the Invo on their site the other day and they look promising, I'm just a little hesitant to buy another set of nittos, but I'm sure it's probably just the neogen tread design...
Old 09-12-2007, 02:22 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,309 Likes on 1,663 Posts

Originally Posted by eez
Interesting... My nitto neogens are netting me almost no traction since going FI (s/c). I am in need of better traction for sure. The neogens were great n/a. Cheap, nice design for neg camber, no feathering, quiet, etc. I saw the Invo on their site the other day and they look promising, I'm just a little hesitant to buy another set of nittos, but I'm sure it's probably just the neogen tread design...
My friend has them on his 06 Zo6 and they hold the power very well. Then again he is swinging a 345 in the rear.

Last edited by terrasmak; 09-13-2007 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:39 AM
Triple8Sol
Banned

These are two tires I have yet to try. I'd go with the FK452 over any Nitto, any day
Old 09-28-2007, 07:05 AM
Jon70ProofZ

Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
These are two tires I have yet to try. I'd go with the FK452 over any Nitto, any day

Well after having the 452's and now after testing the nittos at the dragon out here in TN no comparison Nittos are far better in the corners and much quieter than the 452s once they were warmed up i couldn't get them to break loose best tire ive ever driven on by far
Old 09-28-2007, 07:10 AM
Zilvia

go with the Nitto Invos

rode some at the dragon and they gripped like crazy.....almost R-compound like.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:13 AM
roncfpz

I can only speak for the Nitto Invo.......no experience with Falken. I just put the Invo on my G35 and they're great. Better grip and less road noise than the Michelin PS A/S.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:14 AM
thanh27

I have NeoGen's right now on my set up, but I did want the Invo's...just weren't available in the sizes I want. I've heard great stuff about the Invo's so I don't think you can go wrong.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:33 PM
manny007

Originally Posted by Jon70ProofZ
Old 09-28-2007, 07:43 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm awaiting the arrival of my iForged wheels and looked at the Invo as an alternative to the Michelin PS2's. But then I found these two negative reviews on the Discount Tire website by a Porsche Cayman S owner and a Subaru WRX owner.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/ref...Tire&tc=NITHZ0

As you can see, they both criticized the Invo for having soft sidewalls. I was especially interested in the Porsche owner's review, since the Porsche comes OEM with PS2's and the owner switched directly from the PS2 to the Invo.

Sorry guys, but I'm going to pony up the extra dough for the PS2's.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:22 AM
thanh27

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
I'm awaiting the arrival of my iForged wheels and looked at the Invo as an alternative to the Michelin PS2's. But then I found these two negative reviews on the Discount Tire website by a Porsche Cayman S owner and a Subaru WRX owner.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/ref...Tire&tc=NITHZ0

As you can see, they both criticized the Invo for having soft sidewalls. I was especially interested in the Porsche owner's review, since the Porsche comes OEM with PS2's and the owner switched directly from the PS2 to the Invo.

Sorry guys, but I'm going to pony up the extra dough for the PS2's.
You realize when it comes to tire reviews that there will ALWAYS be good and bad reviews right? It depends on how someone drives their car and what they perceive as good and bad. See link below, second review says it will eb the last Michelin's he will ever buy. I am sure you will read good and bad reviews of both tires.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ilot+Sport+PS2
Old 09-29-2007, 09:53 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thanh27
You realize when it comes to tire reviews that there will ALWAYS be good and bad reviews right?
Umm... I do. Believe me, that review isn't the sole reason I decided to go with the PS2 over the Invo. Toyo tires are notorious for having mushy sidewalls, and since Toyo owns Nitto, I'm concerned about this.

Originally Posted by thanh27
It depends on how someone drives their car and what they perceive as good and bad. See link below, second review says it will eb the last Michelin's he will ever buy. I am sure you will read good and bad reviews of both tires.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ilot+Sport+PS2
That review was by a Lexus owner who was more concerned about treadwear life than performance.

I haven't seen anyone on this thread yet or on the forums in general who has posted their first hand personal experiences with both the PS2 and the Invo. Also, the review on Discount Tire by the Porsche owner is the only review I have seen comparing the PS2 directly to the Invo.

If I see other reviews on the tire sites or here on My350Z in which somebody with first hand experience with both tires feels that the Invo is comparable or superior to the PS2, I will happily reconsider. If any of you guys have seen such reviews, send a link please.

Until then, my first set of tires on my new wheels will be PS2's.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:10 AM
tomtom

i have PS2 before and all i can say is the side wall of the ps2 is soft. but i never try nitto invo.

Quick Reply: Nitto Invo or Falken 452s?