sexiest rims on a blue Z

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 04:19 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jestasia
sorry but thats what first came to my mind when i saw the DB / Gold rims

Exactly....I'm glad I wasn't the only one who did not find the combo aesthetically pleasing.

Originally Posted by Blu_Blur
Go black or graphite if you want to look like EVERY OTHER DB out there.

or be unique and Sek-c with gold, Top Secret gold to be exact:
This can be easily rewritten and it'll make perfect sense:

Go black or graphite if you want to look like EVERY OTHER DB out there.

or chose GOLD and look like EVERY OTHER STI/WRX out there
Old 11-16-2007, 12:12 AM
joekool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well said young chap.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:34 AM
Blu_Blur

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Heh. This is the first time I have heard negative comments about my rim color choice.

Until now, everyone thinks the color is both sick and unique. Blue and Gold are the colors of Victory, after all. It's another reason why I chose the combo.

Black and blue FTL.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:36 AM
Blu_Blur

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
Actually, most Hondas are now running red Rota GT3s or gunmetal (not black) wheels. How do I know? Because I have been a member of Honda-Tech for 5 years since I was modding a DC2 and S2K. I don't think Black or Silver could ever be played out - it's definitely classic colors to go with ANY car colors. You can have a pink sports car and black would go with it.

Like I said, I'm not bashing on gold, I'm just stating the fact that in my opinion it's not as nice. And you know how opinions are like *******s and everyones got one

Personally I live in Seattle and everyone feels the needs to own subbies because of they somehow are afraid of the winters + RWD...hence everyone and their moms owns a wrx or a legacy and everyone with blue subbies feels the STI calling and throw on STI gold wheels or some other aftermarket ones
Understood. You also have to understand that in L.A., even though there are Subies, many of them don't use the gold rims and that in L.A. a lot of people like these 'crazy' color combos but gold plays well to almost any color so it isn't that crazy unless it was an outlandish Gold which Volk does carry. It's too overpowering.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:45 AM
ttuberz
Banned

why are we even bringing the looks of an STI into this? Blue + gold looks hot as hell and so does blue + black....as long as they are volks or works, youll be a winner in this forum lol.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:01 AM
Blu_Blur

Originally Posted by ttuberz
why are we even bringing the looks of an STI into this? Blue + gold looks hot as hell and so does blue + black....as long as they are volks or works, youll be a winner in this forum lol.

True. Bringing-up the STi is pretty-lame because the last thing people think of when they see my car isn't the STi.

The colors are striking yet not-overdone. If I went with Volks standard gold, it woulda overpowered the res of the car. If I went with Volks lower intensity gold, most people wouldn't notice the color. I wanted colors that played off one another. Being as that I already have another car with black rims (again, black rims on other colors is WAY TOO played out) I wanted something unique.

'Unique' being the key word which is why, I reiterate, I didn't want to go with a silver or black because everybody and their mother has black rims on their cars.

Look at the title of the thread: The guy is asking for the SEXIEST rims on a blue Z not the most boring or played out.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:35 PM
synth19

This is a total subjective thread... but LOL @ the responses & justifications on why your rims are better then his.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Blu_Blur

Originally Posted by Jestasia
sorry but thats what first came to my mind when i saw the DB / Gold rims

You still with that douchebag of a boyfriend? More than likely he has black and blue for his car as well, huh?

Top Secret Gold > *
Old 11-16-2007, 03:52 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Originally Posted by synth19
This is a total subjective thread... but LOL @ the responses & justifications on why your rims are better then his.
If it ain't dramatic, it ain't my350z.com what can I say My reasoning is clear = after 12 sets of wheels I know what WORKS ahhh I like the duel meaning of that
Old 11-16-2007, 04:03 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

You still with that douchebag of a boyfriend? More than likely he has black and blue for his car as well, huh?

Top Secret Gold > *
Don't be a douche bag to her just because she doesn't like your wheel choice. That just make you look like a complete *** hole.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:09 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Top Secret Gold > *
her bf might be a dirt bag.. but your car still looks like a subaru

.... i don't care if its subie gold.. top secret gold... 24 Karat Gold.. it looks like a subie
Old 11-16-2007, 04:11 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I went to google.. i went to images.. and i typed in STI

what pops up? http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=STI&gbv=2

blue STI's with gold rims.. amazing..
Old 11-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Blu_Blur

Originally Posted by doug
her bf might be a dirt bag.. but your car still looks like a subaru

.... i don't care if its subie gold.. top secret gold... 24 Karat Gold.. it looks like a subie

Says the guy with the played-out black on black scheme. That's the kinda color scheme I have....on my Sentra and every other car in L.A. has regardless if it is a Z or not.

My car, despite its color, doesn't resemble a Suby in the slightest.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:13 AM
Triple8Sol
Banned

You choose..

Old 03-06-2008, 06:36 AM
03redlineZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had Gunmetal Volk TE's and Gloss Black Volk LE's I personally think like Alvins or Dougs Z, the Gloss black is the most beautiful color on the blue... I think it pops off the blue the best... No pics on hand here at work but you can click my cardomain below to see my ride.

P.S. Doug you just pumped me up even more about getting my Blacked out 2007 headlights your car looks sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 06:47 AM
03redlineZ

Man I didnt read through all the drama until just now.... As Synth said its subjective, I had gunmetal wheels on my blue Z and I HATED it, everyone said it looked great Personally I thought it looked bad... As it was my opinion, I appreciate uniqueness it the gold and blue is what you choose so be it...

Please dont bash people that have Blue and Black combos for no good reason... I live in Maine here its UNIQUE... In LA I am sure Blue and Gold is played out as well as Blue and Black... The population is like 100% greater then most states!!

Lets get back on topic, anyone have Lime green Volks on their blue Z?
Old 03-06-2008, 07:02 AM
Ghost 350z

Dont listen to blue blur!!! He likes 19s because they give you more street credit than 18s!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 07:04 AM
03redlineZ

Originally Posted by Ghost 350z
Dont listen to blue blur!!! He likes 19s because they give you more street credit than 18s!!!

Well I suppose 19 year olds are a little better choice then 18 year olds considering they arnt fresh out of High school... You dont want the parents all up in your sheite!!
Old 03-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Blu_Blur

Originally Posted by GQ 350z

The gold is nice, but only if its TS gold...Otherwise its too yellowish for the DB.

Time Attacks would be nice, but if the pinstripe was paint-matched DB.

We're on the same page, man. When I was deciding on rim color, there were 3 kinds of gold. One was too light and faint. The other was too strong and detracted from the look of the car. Top Secret, which was in the middle, was perfect.

I thought exactly as you did.

In addition, I also agree that time attacks would look good on the DB. Do they have one with a blue outline?
Old 03-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Blu_Blur

Originally Posted by 03redlineZ
In LA I am sure Blue and Gold is played out as well as Blue and Black... The population is like 100% greater then most states!!
I have NEVER seen a blue on gold Z and rarely see any blue on gold cars save for even just a FEW Suby's.

Many people don't go for blue on gold because it is a very unorthodox color combo. Many people don't think outside the box and they go with tradition in which there is nothign wrong with that but in the end, you look like a lot of other cars out there.

Quick Reply: sexiest rims on a blue Z