Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Volk Rim Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 04:37 PM
johnnyblaze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volk Rim Problems?

Two seperate individuals that work for two different tire shops, very knowledgeable people have told me that Volk's and other 3-piece rims have problems after long wear (6months - 2 years) that after awhile they do not seal well after a couple years making them almost impossible to keep air in. They even explained instances where 2 customers complained about their rims not being able to hold air longer than 2 days. I mean dont get me wrong but i have no problem with filling up for air every now and then, but i was gonna buy Volk GT-7's on my moms brand new Lexus SC430. She picked them out, shes got good taste . But i dont want her to have to worry about throwing air in the tires every other day.
Old 05-27-2003, 06:19 PM
React3

That's funny I know about 5-10 people that have Volk rims for at least a year and never had a problem???
Old 05-27-2003, 09:59 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my volks are single peice, but Ive never heard such a thing about any rim. regaurdless, Id expect that there would be a warrenty of some sort on any 3 peice rims...

perhaps these people bent their rims slightly? and then blamed it on wear and tear?
Old 05-27-2003, 10:34 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Volk Rim Problems?

Originally posted by johnnyblaze
Two seperate individuals that work for two different tire shops, very knowledgeable people have told me that Volk's and other 3-piece rims have problems after long wear (6months - 2 years) that after awhile they do not seal well after a couple years making them almost impossible to keep air in. They even explained instances where 2 customers complained about their rims not being able to hold air longer than 2 days. I mean dont get me wrong but i have no problem with filling up for air every now and then, but i was gonna buy Volk GT-7's on my moms brand new Lexus SC430. She picked them out, shes got good taste . But i dont want her to have to worry about throwing air in the tires every other day.
sounds to me like that tire shop doesn't sell Volks and wants you to buy one of thier brands??
Old 05-27-2003, 11:20 PM
little_rod

Actually, I have heard of this. I had this problem with some cheap chrome aftermarket rims that where already on a car that I bought. Seemed like you could never keep air in the tires, even with brand new tires and tire shops searching for answers.

Interesting, although I doubt that Nissan would put these same kind of rims on the Track model with this history of problems.
Old 05-28-2003, 04:27 AM
jimster716

Besides the TE37's i have now, i had Volk Racing Volk III's on my previous car for 3 years...never had a problem with any sort of air leakage that was beyond normal tire maintenance. Volk doesn't use any kind of rim section that isn't industry standard so for those people to single out Volk without any specific reasons sounds exactly like what rodH is saying...they're pushing their own brands.
Old 05-28-2003, 01:02 PM
jsl757

Like Jimster, I also had a pair of Volk III's (great looking rims imho) for over a year and I never had a problem keeping the tires inflated.

Jeff