Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

I really like these wheels, what do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 03:50 PM
BhamZMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty terrible IMO
Old 03-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Asian Invasian

yuck
Old 03-10-2008, 05:01 AM
phreaktor
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Thing is, I feel exactly the same way about the ever popular fanboy wheels you see EVERYONE with on this site.

Does anyone here have some sort of originality? Do you go to shows and meets and compare your identical rims, popchargers, eyebrows, lip kits, and zenclosure boxs with JL W610's?

Now that I have a better understanding of offsets I can see why they wouldn't complement the look of my kit and I have some more resaerch to do. Thanks to those of you with informative replies.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:15 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by phreaktor
Thing is, I feel exactly the same way about the ever popular fanboy wheels you see EVERYONE with on this site.

Does anyone here have some sort of originality? Do you go to shows and meets and compare your identical rims, popchargers, eyebrows, lip kits, and zenclosure boxs with JL W610's?

Now that I have a better understanding of offsets I can see why they wouldn't complement the look of my kit and I have some more resaerch to do. Thanks to those of you with informative replies.
If you ever been to a Ferrari show, you'll see a bunch of people with the exact same car parked down a long line. They all might have the same car but at the end of the day, they are nice cars period. I would say the same thing with wheels such as Volk and Work.

It's easier to have originality than to have a nice looking car. I can slap an APC wing on my car and have originality but that doesn't mean it's nice. You can get some really nice wheels that are rare and have originality but you will pay a hefty price. But in the end, it doesn't help asking others about how a wheel would look if you are looking to be different because you would already know what the answer will be.

Some things to watch out for on ebay is offsets. You will see that the cheaper wheels will have an universal offset. They will fit a lot of different cars so they try to keep an offset that will work on most cars and not the lower offset of a Z because that offset will make those wheels stick out on other cars. Good luck on finding wheels.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:18 AM
NismoZ350

The reason they're ever popular is because their the lightest, highest quality wheels available. They also happen to look pretty damn good in most everyone's opinion. That said, I also steered away from that direction when searching for my wheels, just because EVERYONE has them. But you can't expect to come on with an Ebay link and not expect to get flamed a little.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:21 AM
Concave
Banned

trying to fix up your ride for car shows using ebay no name brand = high expectations of flaming.

if you want originality, check out the aggressive stretched tire thread. not everyone is running the same volk te37 and it looks pretty neat.

plus if you go no name, what happens if the wheel falls apart while your cruising down the highway?
Old 03-10-2008, 05:34 AM
phreaktor
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Originally Posted by NismoZ350
The reason they're ever popular is because their the lightest, highest quality wheels available. They also happen to look pretty damn good in most everyone's opinion. That said, I also steered away from that direction when searching for my wheels, just because EVERYONE has them. But you can't expect to come on with an Ebay link and not expect to get flamed a little.
Another Ebay Link

Flaming here is the norm for anyone who doesn't conform to "bandwagon standards of excellence." All in all, I see about 0.5 Z enthusiasts a month, so public opinion wouldn't really affect me in day to day life. I was just curious to see what people here thought.

What wheels did you decide on?
Old 03-10-2008, 05:45 AM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another Ebay Link

Flaming here is the norm for anyone who doesn't conform to "bandwagon standards of excellence." All in all, I see about 0.5 Z enthusiasts a month, so public opinion wouldn't really affect me in day to day life. I was just curious to see what people here thought.

What wheels did you decide on?
I do not like them, and I bought these... http://www.1010tires.com/wheel.asp?w...elmodel=Hanabi (I don't think my size is listed)

So you know I am not against cheap heavy rims, just that style you picked.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:44 AM
noodleman

lol, the budget modder's trump card of "originality" is played.

alot of the ebay rims are replicas of real wheel makers like SSR, Rays, Work, BBS, etc.

if paying for quality/style is played out, then so be it.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:05 AM
StreetOC192

Phreaktor, tirerack is having a blowout sale on some of the SSR wheels, 50% off on a few styles and they are not over played I don't think. Very nice, light and different. I was actually just looking at them.

A few of the WORK wheels are not as popular as most others, like my Emotion XT7's. Not too many people have them. They are a nice wheel and since you are in NJ, you could order and probably get them quickly from Adam at Z1 if he has them in stock.

I also still have my MB Motoring Weapon wheels made by A-Spec, they aren't bad looking, but you would need like a 10mm spacers for them. They are 18x8 +30 all around. I'd be willing to let them go with the Proxes4 tires mounted for cheap. The wheels might need a touch up or powder coating.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:02 PM
phreaktor
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Originally Posted by StreetOC192
Phreaktor, tirerack is having a blowout sale on some of the SSR wheels, 50% off on a few styles and they are not over played I don't think. Very nice, light and different. I was actually just looking at them.

A few of the WORK wheels are not as popular as most others, like my Emotion XT7's. Not too many people have them. They are a nice wheel and since you are in NJ, you could order and probably get them quickly from Adam at Z1 if he has them in stock.

I also still have my MB Motoring Weapon wheels made by A-Spec, they aren't bad looking, but you would need like a 10mm spacers for them. They are 18x8 +30 all around. I'd be willing to let them go with the Proxes4 tires mounted for cheap. The wheels might need a touch up or powder coating.
Pics? PM PLs
Old 03-10-2008, 01:03 PM
phreaktor
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Originally Posted by noodleman
lol, the budget modder's trump card of "originality" is played.

alot of the ebay rims are replicas of real wheel makers like SSR, Rays, Work, BBS, etc.

if paying for quality/style is played out, then so be it.
If I had 3 grand, I wouldn't waste it on a set of wheels.
I'd pick up a used single turbo.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:28 PM
BlackMamba2448

I wish I had two more hands so I can give those ******* four thumbs down!

But seriously you dont have to get Volks or works
there are plenty of other good brands that cost less:
g-games
axis
rota
Yokohama original wheel design (not cheap though)
Sportmax
etc.

You can get alot of them on ebay (I was looking on there for wheels before I got my Volks)
If you buy ones that you are not sure you want or that might break you will end up replacing them later

You can be different just dont buy crap

Oh yeah the oems are made by rays so maybe instead of downgrading just stay stock its more sleeper then anyways

Last edited by BlackMamba2448; 03-10-2008 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:44 PM
StreetOC192

Pics? PM PLs
PM Sent
Old 03-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Kinraze

I don't understand why people say that popular wheels like volk and work are played out. Everyone that lives around me with a 350z is still sporting stock rims. I am in San Jose(silicon valley) on a business trip for work and have seen at least 20 different 350zs in the last week and only one of them had a set of volks on. The rest are all stock.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:00 PM
drivenCSZ

Flaming here is the norm for anyone who doesn't conform to "bandwagon standards of excellence." All in all, I see about 0.5 Z enthusiasts a month, so public opinion wouldn't really affect me in day to day life.

so then you shouldnt have an qualms about getting a popular wheel since you'll probably never see somebody else with them.

being different is great, but being different on principle at the sacrifice of quality/performance/fit/taste is no good.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:06 PM
blknjz

where in burlington im in dlelran? i have volks and dont see many around here wit them.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:17 PM
zMOSESz

Originally Posted by drivenCSZ
being different is great, but being different on principle at the sacrifice of quality/performance/fit/taste is no good.
AMEN!
Old 03-10-2008, 04:43 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by drivenCSZ

you worded my three paragraphs above in one great sentence..lol.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Phreak's style of wheels:

Quick Reply: I really like these wheels, what do you guys think?