Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Got INTRO FORGED evolution rims in 20 inch

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 01:56 PM
DrDrilZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its good that a few of you guys had good experiences with Iforged. however, the reason that i steered away from them was because of the numerous posts online all over the web (clublexus, audiworld,e46fanatics, etc.) that had issues with quality and service. just go do a search for iforged and see yourself. yeah its true that you only hear negatives, but iforged has by far the most, from what ive seen.
Old 07-10-2003, 02:14 PM
srobert910

Hey ZZtopp, what ended up happening with your $1100? has it been refunded by your CC company? Did Vince refund it? I'm just curious because in one of your posts you said:

"I was happily prepared to take this court if I had to, and IForged would have ending up paying a lot more than $1100."

That makes it sound like the problem has been resolved.
Old 07-10-2003, 02:35 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by srobert910
Hey ZZtopp, what ended up happening with your $1100? has it been refunded by your CC company? Did Vince refund it? I'm just curious because in one of your posts you said:

"I was happily prepared to take this court if I had to, and IForged would have ending up paying a lot more than $1100."

That makes it sound like the problem has been resolved.
My CC company reviewed all the documentation and sided with me. The process then required them to request a full refund from iForged's credit card provider, which they me told they were doing. The charge has since been taken off my account, so I assume it has been declared null and void.

My next door neighbor is a good friend and a big-time attorney, so it would have cost me nothing to take this to court. He said there would have been major court costs for them, and not a judge on the planet would side with them against a consumer in this instance. Maybe that's just attorney talk, but it would have been fun.
Old 07-10-2003, 02:38 PM
ZZtopp

Default Re: got ya

Originally posted by shortbusrydaz808
thanks

I'm getting my iforged evolutions
Ah.....a gambler!! Roll those dice, dude!!

Seriously, good luck.
Old 07-10-2003, 02:53 PM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow.....that's a lot of "over and over...." Dude, chill out.
Oh... it was no big thing... copy and paste, man!

I could say the same thing about the incessant positive spins
No you couldn't... because I don't post on every thread about iForged and in most cases my posts have been after at least one of your recounts of your negative experiences. but in the interest of not wasting our time any further, let's say we have a difference of opinion and leave it at that.

And, uh, and things did work out to my satisfaction......didn't you read my post OVER AND OVER AND OVER.....
Nah... after a while it all becomes... Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah... j/k
Yes, I do read posts before responding, but until this thread i saw nothing in your prior posts saying the matter was resolved one way or the other, only that you were unhappy and were pursuing action with your credit card company.

Enuff of this, tho...
On a related topic, since you went through all this iForged fiasco, what kind of wheels did you/will you be getting for your Z now?
Old 07-10-2003, 03:45 PM
rodH

Originally posted by ZZtopp
I only posted one smart a$$ line on this thread...I just felt bad for a guy way over in Hawaii wasting phone charges on Vince's latest line of excuses.
Peace.
so why have you responded to every iFOrged post that wasn't from Hawaii?????
Old 07-10-2003, 03:46 PM
ZZtopp

Volk 19" TE-37's w Toyo T1-S tires. Pretty original, huh? But I wouldn't trade them for a perfect set of iForged. They're flawless, lighter, probably stronger, and the pressure sensors fit perfectly. Best of all, I had the wheels and tires within a week.
Attached Thumbnails Got INTRO FORGED evolution rims in 20 inch-vegas-z-reduced.jpg  
Old 07-10-2003, 03:49 PM
rodH

Originally posted by ares

I also dont think anyone here paid full price for them... would any of the iforged owners actually toss out 4000$ for the rims you got? that was more or less the basis of my whole statement if you read it again.

very good point, I sure wouldn't pay $4000 for them, BUT I wouldn't pay $4000 for ANY WHEELS.

ares, In general I appreciate your attempt to be fair and unbiased about the iForged issues. there have been some problems in the past and I don't deny that, in fact VInce doesn't want to even do another group buy for Z owners UNTIL everyone has their wheels and is happy. I think that is fair on his part and trying to show what direction the company is headed.
Old 07-10-2003, 03:52 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by rodH
so why have you responded to every iFOrged post that wasn't from Hawaii?????
There are plenty of threads I haven't responded to. But call me vindictive if you wish.....you avenging angel you.
Old 07-10-2003, 03:55 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that is a good thing, not a sign of good business to bite off more than you can chew, or atleast give the customers fair warning, Im sure many would have rathered hear 3 months from the beginning.

hopefully in the future he will be able to better estimate the production time. he's obviously not dead in the water yet, but he definitly needs to start doing everything right and get some good press for a change.
Old 07-10-2003, 03:55 PM
rodH

Originally posted by ZZtopp
Volk 19" TE-37's w Toyo T1-S tires. Pretty original, huh? But I wouldn't trade them for a perfect set of iForged. They're flawless, lighter, probably stronger, and the pressure sensors fit perfectly. Best of all, I had the wheels and tires within a week.
I like the TE37 (problem when I was looking at wheels was that EVERY set of volk would take 6-10 weeks to get imported, so wheelwarehouse told me). I am not sure about the strength issue, TEs are NOT spun forged and the manufacturing process is much different with a spun forged and machined wheel VS a forged then stamped wheel, BUT I am sure they are strong enough (so I wouldn't worry 1 bit about that). The lighter wt is a nice feature.

btw, the whole arguement that anti-37 people have is pretty lame, I bet many go a life time without seeing them, infact I am in Orange County Calif (car capital of the world-TIC) and have NEVER seen a TE37 equipted Z driving around. it is relative, 200 people could have them on this board and tehy still wouldnt be "common".

I like the 37s, the LE37s too, those are amoung my top 5 favorite wheels. Nothing to be ashamed of them, hope your happy, it looks nice thats for sure.

PEACE
Old 07-10-2003, 04:16 PM
2003z

Originally posted by ares
he's obviously not dead in the water yet, but he definitly needs to start doing everything right and get some good press for a change.
I'm not defending his business tactics, but they are high quality wheels made by a reputable manufacturer, he's basically just the marketer. That being said, I haven't seen any 'new' recent customer service complaints in months.
Old 07-10-2003, 04:21 PM
cbsuper

I'm sorry, but I'd never pay $1000 for a rim.
Old 07-10-2003, 04:23 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by 2003z
I'm not defending his business tactics, but they are high quality wheels made by a reputable manufacturer, he's basically just the marketer. That being said, I haven't seen any 'new' recent customer service complaints in months.
I guess them trying to rip me off during the end of May doesn't fall into the "months" category? Sounds like a customer service complaint to me....and this is just the Z board.
Old 07-10-2003, 04:25 PM
DrDrilZ

Originally posted by 2003z
I haven't seen any 'new' recent customer service complaints in months.
heres one from last month

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...hlight=iforged
Old 07-10-2003, 04:30 PM
2003z

I stand corrected.
Old 07-10-2003, 04:39 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by rodH
I like the TE37 (problem when I was looking at wheels was that EVERY set of volk would take 6-10 weeks to get imported, so wheelwarehouse told me). I am not sure about the strength issue, TEs are NOT spun forged and the manufacturing process is much different with a spun forged and machined wheel VS a forged then stamped wheel, BUT I am sure they are strong enough (so I wouldn't worry 1 bit about that). The lighter wt is a nice feature.

btw, the whole arguement that anti-37 people have is pretty lame, I bet many go a life time without seeing them, infact I am in Orange County Calif (car capital of the world-TIC) and have NEVER seen a TE37 equipted Z driving around. it is relative, 200 people could have them on this board and tehy still wouldnt be "common".

I like the 37s, the LE37s too, those are amoung my top 5 favorite wheels. Nothing to be ashamed of them, hope your happy, it looks nice thats for sure.

PEACE

I haven't seen even one Z here in Vegas with any aftermarket wheels since the car has been out.

I love the Volks.....I had doubts about cancelling the iForged and going with these wheels, but once they arrived I knew I made the right decision: no hassles....just flawless, gorgeous wheels.

I still think the iForged wheels look great, but I wasn't willing to put up with the bull$hit.
Old 07-10-2003, 04:41 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by DrDrilZ
heres one from last month

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...hlight=iforged
Nice link....I rest my case.
Old 07-10-2003, 05:23 PM
2003z

yeah, I did a search on is300.net, where I forged was a sponsor at one time and found the same type stories. Maybe intro customs should ditch Vince and market them through their own line.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:42 PM
mcduck

Devil's advocate again here...

I read through this thread and the customer service problems cited all have to do with the turnaround time on the wheels, which even us that are happy with our orders admitted needed to be improved.

If you read through that entire thread, the guys who did get iForged wheels where happy with the quality when the finally got them.

I think if iForged could just admit to themselves that they cannot guarantee an 8 week turnaround and tell people it will take 8-12 weeks to get their wheels, they'd have much happier customers. It may cost them a few that don't want to wait that long, but the PR gains would be better for them.

Again, I say it comes back to... can you stand waiting a few weeks longer than they say it will take to have a very nice quality 3pc wheel at a good price?

Quick Reply: Got INTRO FORGED evolution rims in 20 inch