Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Wait time for Rota wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts
Default Wait time for Rota wheels?

I've heard on several occasions that the expected wait time for Volks is about 6 months. Does the same go for all/most wheel manufacturers? I was thinking about purchasing a set of wheels, most likely Rotas, this summer. But if the wait time is anywhere as long as Volk, then I'll just wait until sometime next year to order. Any help? Thanks.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Asian Invasian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uhh.. depends if wheeldude has them in. I would say it takes no more than a week to ship them to you if they have them in stock...

Eevn if they are on order it shouldn't take more than 2 months...

Talk to Dan his name is WheelDude on the forums, call him up he will hook you up.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:32 PM
WheelDude.com
Vendor - Former Vendor

Wait time really depends on the exact wheel you are looking for. We always have a lot of Rota P45R's and Torque R's in stock. Once you order we can get your wheels shipped out the same day (if before 3pm pst) and then transit is 4-5 business days to the east coast.

We also do a lot of special ordering for our customers. If a wheel is not in stock and you want it in a certain size/color that we generally carry or feel would be popular then we will order it. We work very close with Rota PH and I talk to them on a daily basis so I can get an order in right away. If we get an order in before a production run then it will only take 8-10 weeks for a special order

If you have any specific questions definitely send me a PM

-Dan
Old 05-29-2008, 08:32 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That depends if the retailer has the wheels in stock.

There are wheel retailers with no wheels. Not one. You pay your money, and the retailer tries to find the wheels. All the while you are waiting and waiting, the retailer has your money, and you have, well, jack.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

When I do decide to order it will definitely be for either the p45s or Torques, so it's good to hear they are usually available. Do you feel like either style will be discontinued by next year? Thanks for the info!

Last edited by Phenom; 05-29-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:47 PM
WheelDude.com
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by davidv
That depends if the retailer has the wheels in stock.

There are wheel retailers with no wheels. Not one. You pay your money, and the retailer tries to find the wheels. All the while you are waiting and waiting, the retailer has your money, and you have, well, jack.
Very true. We take pride in the fact that we are the #1 Rota dealer in the US and we stock a ton of wheels. Another advantage is having Rota USA 10 minutes from our headquarters so if we don't have a wheel in stock chances are we can get it very soon from them No drop shipping from us for Rota wheels Also if we are special ordering wheels we only require a very small deposit, we do not require payment in full until your wheels arrive.

Originally Posted by Phenom
When I do decide to order it will definitely be for either the p45s or Torques, so it's good to hear they are usually available. Do you feel like either style will be discontinued by next year? Thanks for the info!
Both styles will not be discontinued any time soon. We are working with Rota to release a lot of new wheels for the Z/G but we will continue to carry the 18" P45R and Torque R.

-Dan