Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

My GoodYear Eagle F1 All Seasons :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 07:53 PM
rockinbboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My GoodYear Eagle F1 All Seasons :)

So I finally pulled the trigger on these tires. I was wrestling between these and the Bridgestone RE960AS. I wanted to give the Ultra Performance All Seasons a shot and see how they stand compared to my stock RE40s. I figure they will still be loads better overall. I will be installing them tomorrow. Appreciate everyone's help on helping me decide.

Giggidy Giggidy. I'll post my review as the months go by.

Here is the preview of these bad boys.

Thanks for viewing.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:29 PM
FantomZ

Nice. Post some pics when you get them mounted, and let us know how they are.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:26 PM
rockinbboy

Thumbs up

So I mounted these yesterday. Drove them a little bit but haven't really pushed them too hard. I am not sure what the recommended break-in period is with new tires and how it varies with different types of tires (ie. summer vs all seasons, etc).

So with my 5-6 miles of driving them, here are my initial thoughts:

-Strong like my stock RE40s. I can't say for sure if they are as stiff with the sidewalls, but I feel they are very compariable.
-The handling on them are great as I took some turns pretty sharp and the grip was great.
-Linear traction is just as good if not better than stock. I didn't chirp so that tells me all the power was able to hold to the ground just fine.
-Tires are quiet for now. I heard they are a bit loud, but right now they are quiet enough.

All in all.. I am happy. I can't wait to try them out in the rain now and possibly..snow

Here are pics of them mounted.

Old 06-22-2008, 03:36 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have driven those tire through 2 inches of snow. Cautious and slow but they got me home from work safely.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:37 PM
dhwang80

glad you like them.

they'll give you grip in the snow as long as you don't act like they are blizzaks.

from my limited experience
stock tires: 5 mph coasting + brakes in snow = slide...

f1 all seasons: 5 mph coasting + brakes in snow = stop
Old 06-22-2008, 03:40 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

After 100 miles test the tires in an empty parking lot in the rain. Run some figure-eight's faster and faster each time. Post a critique.

Last edited by davidv; 06-22-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:50 PM
rockinbboy

Originally Posted by davidv
After 100 miles test the tires in an empty parking lot in the rain. Run some figure-eight's faster and faster each time. Post a critique.
Considering I've done that with my stockers, seems only logical I try it with these new bad boys to evaluate . Any tips on the break-in period?
Old 06-22-2008, 04:38 PM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

Look nice man! Looking forward to hearing how they handle in the coming months. I could save some money on my next set if these end up being as good as or better than my Bridgestone 960ASs.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Slow*Jim

I have driven those tire through 2 inches of snow. Cautious and slow but they got me home from work safely.

x2

Good call on these tires, they kick *** ice, snow, rain or dry.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:51 PM
md350

I had them for a couple months before I bought new wheels. They handled really well.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:58 PM
stein

I put these on my wife's Toyota matrix. Much quieter than the OE tires (bridge stone RE92A) and way more traction depth. I got them because she needed something to handle the rain and puddles, no snow around here!
Old 06-24-2008, 07:54 AM
Nihilation

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They should get better with age too. The first few hundred miles of break-in can't be used to compare honestly.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:23 AM
rockinbboy

Wanted to share an update after putting roughly 2k miles on these boys

Originally Posted by rockinbboy
So with my 5-6 miles of driving them, here are my initial thoughts:

-Strong like my stock RE40s. I can't say for sure if they are as stiff with the sidewalls, but I feel they are very compariable.
The sidewalls are good and very compariable to the stock RE40s. I am quite happy with it. I don't do AutoX so I am not a a sidewall expert by any means, but for me, i don't feel the wheel is rolling by any means. In fact...i hate to admit this, but last week I managed to hit a curb accidently by making too sharp a (right) turn. Give a little tire rash @ approx 10-15 mph to the rear right? Aside from the not-so new looking tire...strength wise..still top notch and didn't damage the tire by anymeans.

-The handling on them are great as I took some turns pretty sharp and the grip was great.
I still feel handling on them is fantastic. Grip wise is good, but I think after a driving in the summer time, I admit the summer grip performance wasn't as fantastic as other summer tires even comparing to the stock potenzas. I notice a little bit of the rear breakin' a little loose...but not too much.

-Linear traction is just as good if not better than stock. I didn't chirp so that tells me all the power was able to hold to the ground just fine.
yeah, I think it becomes more of a factor depending on temperature. Generally..I still feel confident with the traction. No complaints

-Tires are quiet for now. I heard they are a bit loud, but right now they are quiet enough.
Did a bit of driving last few days and things seemed a bit louder than normal...I really couldn't tell. Wasn't sure if it was the wind...tire...engine...exhaust..because honestly...I heard them all. 80 mph (and more) here and there. i could hear the engine...the exhaust..so if i could hear those two things, then the tire roar (if there was one) wasn't loud enough to drown out those fundamental sounds (good thing). I drive with my radio on ayways..so whatever. Noise isn't an issue so far.

All in all.. I am happy. I can't wait to try them out in the rain now and possibly..snow
We had two good rainy days. One few days ago and one like end of September. Both times, I took my Z. The rain in Sept I was able to drive an average 65 mph give or take 5-10 mph. Car felt solid 95% of the trip. The other 5% were areas where there was a patch of water which I didn't see (this was night driving too mind you) so it felt like the car was hydroplaning. Driving in the torrential downpour was a little stressful since I've experienced driving in snow before and know what is it like to spin out :P Luckily no issues and I didn't loose traction or control of the vehicle. The driving I did a few days ago was rock solid. I was easily going 65-75 mph. other parts I hit 80. Rain was not as heavy, but some roads were wet. Tire grip was rock-solid.

snow/icy condition is yet to come...so stay tuned.

After 100 miles test the tires in an empty parking lot in the rain. Run some figure-eight's faster and faster each time. Post a critique
Also did that late Sat night after all the rain. Went to an empty parking lot...spent 5 minutes doing figure 8s. I had trouble breaking traction and grip was great. I then decided to turn off TCS and spun out very easily...lol. hahah. Gawd...that tire screech was looooouddd! hahahaha.

Again..this is with my scuffed tire sidewall too.

my verdict: still happy and counting.

Last edited by rockinbboy; 10-27-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:27 AM
OldDirty Z33

I have these tires 255/40/18 275/40/18 and I love them. I push them really hard at times and they just grip I have 10k miles and love them.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:30 AM
rockinbboy

nice! what kind of rims do you have them mounted on? I totally would have loved these on some widder specs if I had the $ for rims.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:35 AM
OldDirty Z33

Rota p45R 18x9.5 They look sweet. I have like 50% thread in the rear with 10k miles
Old 10-27-2008, 12:41 PM
rockinbboy

nice! pics? I like the Rotas..its a good replica of the Nismo wheels. 50% thread is quite a bit....driving like you stole it huh?
Old 10-27-2008, 12:47 PM
OldDirty Z33

I dive the chit out of my car. I dont pay the bills for nothing :P

Old 10-27-2008, 12:59 PM
rockinbboy

haha..looks good.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:12 PM
mason

hey olddirty, is your car lowered or is that stock suspension? thanks

Quick Reply: My GoodYear Eagle F1 All Seasons :)