Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

How to balance the tires???

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 03:56 PM
TIGHT-Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow How to balance the tires???

My dealership said they couldnt balance my tires and just left them, what do we do then???
Old 07-22-2003, 07:45 AM
Todd@ProDyno

What!?!?! A dealer couldnt balance tires? Im very confused. Where do you live (zip code)...Ill find you a certified shop that can.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:38 AM
VaGentleman

Tell me about it.

When I had all 4 wheels stolen last December, I had the car towed to the dealership. Wheels came in (fine), tires came in (fine).

Then I get a phone call from the service manager that they didn't have a machine that could mount my tires on wheels of my size (I have stock 17" FFS!!!). Geez, they sell the car but can't mount the OEM tires on the OEM wheels???????????????

I had to tote the wheels/tires to a nearby shop where I had been going for the last 15 years and they mounted/balanced (w/ Hunter RoadForce balancer) them in 45 minutes late on a Friday.

I took the mounted tires back to the Nissan Dealer and they put them on.

THEN...2 months later I decide to get some Michelins. So I have them dropped shipped from the Tire Rack to a local Merchant's Tire and Auto shop (who also had a Hunter machine) and they let me know that on the right side, the front wheel was put on the rear and vice versa.

I live in Northern Virginia and just don't have too much confidence in the dealerships. Unless I absolutely must have Nissan work on my car, I'm not setting foot near their service department. (Didn't say anything about the sales floor....gotta see the roadster and also what 2005 brings ).

Just my $0.02

Thanks for reading.

VG
Old 07-22-2003, 08:47 AM
SteveZzz

VG-
ALthough I live down in Richmond, I bought my Z at Jenkins Motors in Frederick. FYI, I think they just changed their name to Frederick Nissan.

Anyway, give them a call. If the service dept is anywhere near as good as the sales dept was, they might be a good source for Z service. Their number is 301-662-0111