Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Rims that look like *this*...(picture within)

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 02:23 PM
SniperHunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really do love the 5Zigens a lot. But in 18x9.5 they are piggish at 30lbs. I'm a bit obsessed with the weight of what I put on my car, which is why I'd prefer to use a size closer to OEM but lighter. Ultimately, I also can't justify $2000 rims living in the heart of NY.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:21 PM
greyson

check out the rpm 505 collection in chrome, silver or black. Affordable and in all sizes. I posted a request for someone out there with the RPM 505 20" silver or chrome wheels on their 350z to provide a picture. you only need to look on the website for rpm 505's. Is this close enough?
Old 08-24-2008, 08:05 PM
90TGP

Some similar looking wheels

http://www.wheelsnext.com/wheels-cus...0%7C%20Web.htm
Old 08-25-2008, 04:49 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
I really do love the 5Zigens a lot. But in 18x9.5 they are piggish at 30lbs. I'm a bit obsessed with the weight of what I put on my car, which is why I'd prefer to use a size closer to OEM but lighter. Ultimately, I also can't justify $2000 rims living in the heart of NY.
Light and cheap tend to not peacefully co-exist...except in the case of the RPF1.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:05 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,291 Likes on 1,651 Posts

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
Light and cheap tend to not peacefully co-exist...except in the case of the RPF1.
NT03's only weight a couple pounds more than RPF's
Old 08-25-2008, 05:06 AM
WheelDude.com
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by The_VQ
Dan, I am not going to arguee with you anymore, I will just point you out few things, it is for you to decide if I know what I am talking about or not.

- the certificate you have posted has nothing to do with wheels, it is a certificate for the laboratory - the laboratory has proper equipment and can perform tests. Having testing equipment and producing quality wheels are two different things.
- you think Rota has astonishing technology down there, why don't you go to Japan to visit Rays, AME to see how they produce their wheels and how they test them? Like I have told you before, to me Rota's factory looks like sweatshop comparing to what I have seen in Japan.
- so 30 cent royality is a huge amount of money? They have exported around 25000 wheels to the US this year, if I am not mistaken, 25000x$0.30=$7500, truly a really large amount of money when selling one wheel for around $100-$120 So they are so cheap they don't want to spend $0.30 per wheel for the sticker, I don't want to even imagine on what else they cut their costs.

In business it is a lot about honesty, not shady details you are trying to hide.
Yes I am aware the certificate I posted is for the testing laboratory at Rota. This certificate proves that JWL/VIA has confirmed that their equipment is accurate and meets their testing standards. Every Rota wheel that gets the JWL/VIA stamp has gone through testing in this facility and meets their standards.

I have no idea who you are and what you're trying to accomplish here, it does seem you work for a competitor of Rota and are doing this for one reason only. You talk about being "shady" however since posting in this thread you have changed your location to say nothing, afraid someone will do an IP check and realize you aren't from where you used to say you were? You mention business is about honesty and I agree 100% with you. If you speak to any of our customers they can tell you how honest I am with them and I never hide anything from them. Even though we've only been on this forum for 3 years doesn't mean we are new to selling Rota wheels. There is a reason that our customers support us as we are very honest and work very hard to help them out.

Myself and a couple other employees just arrived in the Philippines the other morning. We will be visiting Rota throughout this week to see the entire factory and attend meetings. I will be sure to get plenty of pictures for everyone

-Dan
Old 08-25-2008, 05:30 AM
BobbyZ33

Yes you are right as German producers have TUV Sud certificates for their wheels, and those are actually product quality certificates...on the other hand Tenzo has only TUV Rheinland certificate which is what I have shown you.
Again, stop posting BS!!!!!

There are many TUV's, based on their location they have different names:
TÜV Rheinland, TÜV Berlin, TÜV Brandenburg, TÜV Pfalz, TÜV SUD,...

All of them do product quality certificates, a few examples because I really don't wanna debate with you:

RW TUV
http://www.rh-alurad.de/gutachten/RZ-056273-A0-041.pdf

TUV Rheinland
http://www.brock-gutachten.de/RC-Gut...%20(72955).pdf
http://www.asa-wheels.de/gutachten/A...9_00094100.pdf

TUV Pfalz
http://www.brock-gutachten.de/RC-Gut...%20(43393).pdf

Stop posting your sh** if you don't know 100% what you are talking about!
Old 08-25-2008, 09:21 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why is it that every thread I read involving Rota wheels turns into a Rota bashing party. A wheel is a wheel is a wheel. If you don't want a heavy wheel, buy a light wheel. If you want certain sizes/offsets, buy what fits. Why in the hell is a 30 pound 5zigen wheel "better" than a 21-22 pound Rota?

I've only had my Z for a few months and been posting/reading these boards for that long. If there's one thing I've learned about aftermarket parts, wheels are the most debated.

To the OP... just buy what you want and ignore others' opinions.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:34 PM
carfi179

Dan, I am not going to arguee with you anymore, I will just point you out few things, it is for you to decide if I know what I am talking about or not.

- the certificate you have posted has nothing to do with wheels, it is a certificate for the laboratory - the laboratory has proper equipment and can perform tests. Having testing equipment and producing quality wheels are two different things.
- you think Rota has astonishing technology down there, why don't you go to Japan to visit Rays, AME to see how they produce their wheels and how they test them? Like I have told you before, to me Rota's factory looks like sweatshop comparing to what I have seen in Japan.
- so 30 cent royality is a huge amount of money? They have exported around 25000 wheels to the US this year, if I am not mistaken, 25000x$0.30=$7500, truly a really large amount of money when selling one wheel for around $100-$120 So they are so cheap they don't want to spend $0.30 per wheel for the sticker, I don't want to even imagine on what else they cut their costs.

In business it is a lot about honesty, not shady details you are trying to hide.
Get over it, you don't drive a ferrari to say Rota sucks. Stop nut hugging volks/rays, etc. I personally dont care what brand of wheels anyone has, as long as it has good offset and design. I dont get why people spend $$$$ on wheels/bodykits and nothing to show under the hood.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:42 PM
ginobetterfly

Originally Posted by AllstarE4
Why is it that every thread I read involving Rota wheels turns into a Rota bashing party. A wheel is a wheel is a wheel. If you don't want a heavy wheel, buy a light wheel. If you want certain sizes/offsets, buy what fits. Why in the hell is a 30 pound 5zigen wheel "better" than a 21-22 pound Rota?

I've only had my Z for a few months and been posting/reading these boards for that long. If there's one thing I've learned about aftermarket parts, wheels are the most debated.

To the OP... just buy what you want and ignore others' opinions.

wrong.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:45 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Don't take it out of context there gino. If you're going to bold my statement, include the sentence right after. If you want something specific then buy that.

Obviously I don't think that a 3 piece high-end wheel is equivalent to a $100 ebay wheel, but there are some budget wheels that get the job done. Point is... buy what suits your needs. That's when a wheel is a wheel.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:58 PM
johzp

^^+1

Please who cares??....there are many reasons why companies like rota produce "copies" of shall i say cool designs that everyone are buying.....and why consumers on a budget like at least half of us are willing to buy it. Its what it is... a design that everyone wants at 1/3 of the cost. If your not looking at a full on time attack track car, there is no logical reason buying 3g wheels imho besides the recognition of other car enthusiasts that will bow down to your oh so JHD TYte Yo wheels....at the same time it also applies to anything we buy for our cars...replica or not. I can take both sides but this bickering reminds me of girls fighting over the authenticity of their gucci bags. I myself would buy a set of rota wheels just because it is within my budget but the somewhat conservative offsets are holding me back.

Post some cool pics up from the Phillipines Dan!!
Old 08-26-2008, 04:37 PM
seekndestroy19

Originally Posted by cms-35z
The Tenzos remind me of these wheels.

Why is there plastic wrap around the wheels??
Old 08-26-2008, 04:41 PM
Willie

Originally Posted by seekndestroy19
Why is there plastic wrap around the wheels??
Protect the floor.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:42 PM
seekndestroy19

lol thats what i thought thanks ps: that wing is hideous
Old 08-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Concave
Banned

whatever the end result is arnold............

Dont let your wallet pick what you like!
I always see the kids around here mess up... They tell me they got this cool new thing but admit its definately not what they wanted.. and i say.. why did you buy it? they said, it was cheap and start making excuses to find peace with themself.. (not saying rota ppl do this, they are nice people)
I would rather wear stock wheels and wait.. then to admit that I bought replica wheels for my 30k car..

Go for the tenzos if you like em. I seen more and more people with them on lately.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:04 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Concave has a point. Don't buy something because it's cheaper than what you really want. My point earlier in the thread was get what you want and what serves your purpose. If you can't afford it yet, save a little longer.

I am fortunate enough to be able to afford the Volks and Work wheels and all that jazz, but I don't see the need for them. If there's another option out there that strikes my fancy and just happens to be less expensive then so be it.

Buy what you want, not what someone else wants or what's cheaper.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:29 PM
SniperHunter

Another problem I frequently run into is that I'll find the rims I want, from a well known brand and everything...except the wheels are too heavy. In my price-range, I'll either find beautiful looking rims that are heavy, or lightweight that are ugly. The only compromise I can think of are Axis Hiros, but they'll offer no weight savings at all and they don't look as nearly aggressive as 10 split-spoke mesh wheels like the Tenzos.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:48 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

How much do those Tenzos weigh?
Old 08-27-2008, 10:18 PM
OldDirty Z33

I like my ROTAS No problems so far!

Quick Reply: Rims that look like *this*...(picture within)