Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Offset Gurus...Nismo A34 Rims, What do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 07:57 AM
boosted99gst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Offset Gurus...Nismo A34 Rims, What do I need?

First things first, I did try searching, and the results didn't yield me the answer I was looking for. Anyhow. Local seller in my area had a set of Nismo wheels for sale designed for the A34 Maxima. (Flame suit on) I'm considering these as a temporary upgrade while I save for the J-Line's that I want. I was going to do the typical budget Z owner upgrade to the G35 19's for now, but the price of these is too good, plus I like the styling. The link below is the only Z I've seen with these wheels mounted, aside from an obvious need for a drop, what size spacers would be needed to make these look right on a Z? specs are 19x8.5 +35. Thanks in advance guys!

http://zilvia.net/f/wheels-tires/122...san-diego.html
Old 10-01-2008, 02:35 PM
boosted99gst

Herro?
Old 10-01-2008, 02:36 PM
kelsey_kaye

you need better taste in wheels, and a better choice of offset.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Beau

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They'll fit, but you might want to use a 10-15mm spacer. Could probably use a 25mm spacer and not have issues. So like the other guy so eloquently put it, the offset leaves something to be desired.

I think an 8.5" wide wheel looks perfect in front with a +20mm offset, so I vote for a 15mm spacer. The rear you could probably step up to a 20-25mm spacer and still fit easily.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:42 PM
boosted99gst

my taste in wheels and offset isn't really whats on trial here. many Z owners opt to run the g35 wheels as a cheap alternative to buying rims or something temporary.I'm due for tires anyways, and the price of buying these is the same as replacing tires on my factory 7 spoke 17's so y not? Figured running these will be the same idea, just a different style. Mine is a temporary fix while I save for the JLine's I want. Thanks for the input tho.

Beau thanks for the productive reply. 20mm is a bit thick of a spacer for my own taste. Most certainly would be looking into extended studs and nuts at that point, making this "bargain" a little less so. Not looking for the perfect fitment as stated earlier, more of a temporary one. think I could get away with 10mm and factory studs?
Old 10-01-2008, 07:51 PM
kelsey_kaye

well i'm glad you're planning on them to be temporary. a 10mm spacer won't be enough though to push the wheels out and make them look good. you're still gonna need to go bigger. i have 25mm spacers on my stockers with the factory studs. so i wouldn't worry much about that.. you're gonna want somewhere around 20mm i would think.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:05 PM
boosted99gst

ugh thanks. lemme guess kelsey you're a Volk fan? You've cut nearly an inch of threading surface off of ur factory lug nuts with no problems? If you had to guess how many threads are threaded on ur current set up? Just seems kind of extreme to me. Guess I'm gonna have to actually stop being lazy about it and measure on my own tomorrow.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 959 Likes on 724 Posts

I ran 18x8.5 + 10 all around........great offset. You can get a 25mm spacer with studs and use that. For 2k tho........you can get alot better wheels here in the classifieds.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:22 PM
kelsey_kaye

Originally Posted by boosted99gst
ugh thanks. lemme guess kelsey you're a Volk fan? You've cut nearly an inch of threading surface off of ur factory lug nuts with no problems? If you had to guess how many threads are threaded on ur current set up? Just seems kind of extreme to me. Guess I'm gonna have to actually stop being lazy about it and measure on my own tomorrow.
volk fan? yes. absolute praiser? no. like i said. i have stock wheels. you realize the spacers come with lugs on them. your wheels bolt right back up onto different lugs.
project kics. these are what i have.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:32 PM
boosted99gst

ahh thanks kelsey, I will def look into the project kics. Never really looked into the spacers before, guess I'm kind of old school and just figured they were..well spacers haha. Shame on me for lack of research.

$2000 for those wheels? No sir I have not lost my mind. They are for sale from a local seller,baby on the way means he's selling for $650 with t1r's (90%F 75%R) the price is the only reaon I am contimplating this purchase considering I am due for tires soon anyways, that $650 pricetags is equivilent to replacing what I have now, plus mounting balancing. There are some great deals in the classified section, but I got my eyes set on a set of JLine 6rl's, and that is what I am saving for.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:35 PM
kelsey_kaye

i see.. i talked to andy about spacers before buying. just to let you know the difference between project kics and ichiba. kics have pressed in studs so it's an easy just bolt right up application. you actually have to press in the studs on the ichiba. since i didn't have a press just laying around, i bought kics. also i was informed kics=japan ichiba=china. if i were you, i'd shop around the for sale section. when i looked there were quite alot of 20mm up for grabs and at half the price from msrp.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:43 PM
SIN3

depends on who you ask, if i ran your wheels which are not bad at all i would run with crazy camber and offsets close to +0
Old 10-01-2008, 08:44 PM
boosted99gst

I will def shop around for the kics, china ftmfl. I do have an air gun, and attachments to press in new studs, but I'd rather keep the factory one's intact incase I decide to return to stock down the road. Extended studs on oem wheels would look a lil odd imop. Thatnks for the useful info kelsey, and here I thought u were another Volk or nothing at all fan
Old 10-01-2008, 09:49 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kelsey_kaye
i see.. i talked to andy about spacers before buying. just to let you know the difference between project kics and ichiba. kics have pressed in studs so it's an easy just bolt right up application. you actually have to press in the studs on the ichiba. since i didn't have a press just laying around, i bought kics. also i was informed kics=japan ichiba=china. if i were you, i'd shop around the for sale section. when i looked there were quite alot of 20mm up for grabs and at half the price from msrp.
you don't need a press. Just use an open ended lug nut with some washers.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:32 PM
jubes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I remember there was a site selling these for a set of 4 for only 700... and I actually like these, they remind me of the LE28n or CE28n... and they are made by Rays Eng. so you know they probably used the same layouts for them.

As for the +35 offset, stocks right now are +30... and these are 19's... so the closer you are to a 0 offset, you might have some rubbing issues, so to play it safe, I would go with 20mm spacers... but thats IMO..
Old 10-01-2008, 11:16 PM
kelsey_kaye

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
you don't need a press. Just use an open ended lug nut with some washers.
hmmm.. i'm pretty sure someone posted somewhere saying that you needed to press the studs into the ichiba spacers because they don't come that way when you buy them..??
Old 10-01-2008, 11:19 PM
kelsey_kaye

Originally Posted by boosted99gst
I will def shop around for the kics, china ftmfl. I do have an air gun, and attachments to press in new studs, but I'd rather keep the factory one's intact incase I decide to return to stock down the road. Extended studs on oem wheels would look a lil odd imop. Thatnks for the useful info kelsey, and here I thought u were another Volk or nothing at all fan
even if you got ichiba's used they would already be pressed in. i was under the impression that they come with another set of lugs, but they're just not already pressed into the spacer as the project kics are. if i was you, i wouldn't worry too much about the brand. used should be ready to bolt up. because if you by 2 pairs for all wheels new it'll cost $200 where as you could get 2 pairs used for half the price.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:52 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,290 Likes on 1,650 Posts

also i was informed kics=japan ichiba=china.
Ichiba is machined here in the states and are high quality billet hubcentric spacers, compaired to the kics crap.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:21 AM
boosted99gst

Originally Posted by jubes
If I remember there was a site selling these for a set of 4 for only 700... and I actually like these, they remind me of the LE28n or CE28n... and they are made by Rays Eng. so you know they probably used the same layouts for them.

As for the +35 offset, stocks right now are +30... and these are 19's... so the closer you are to a 0 offset, you might have some rubbing issues, so to play it safe, I would go with 20mm spacers... but thats IMO..
Thats what i was thinking. Considering these aren't going tobe my permanent wheel, I'll be able to live with them if they aren't 100% flush. I think that 5mm cushion is probably a good idea just to play it safe, so 20mm spacers it is.

This is somewhat of a budget project, so the spacers are probably going to come down to price. Doesn't matter if I have to install the studs myself or not, it's real easy to do anyways. I guess it'll come down to price then,

These wheels definately remind me of the Volk CE28's, and as stated already, considering they are forged Rays wheels and weigh in at 21lbs, it's not a bad temporary wheel at all in my opinion.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:24 AM
boosted99gst

hmmm.. i'm pretty sure someone posted somewhere saying that you needed to press the studs into the ichiba spacers because they don't come that way when you buy them..??
Someone may of said that, and they may of been right. But you don't need an actual press to "press in" new studs. As superblack said, Just use the correct lug adapter and some washers. It'll pull the new studs right through the spacer and "press" them into place.

Quick Reply: Offset Gurus...Nismo A34 Rims, What do I need?