Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Re-considering

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003 | 03:49 PM
uro279

Default Re-considering

I was just looking at a mag and saw a skyline using Teins.

I just bought the s-tune suspension but have not installed yet.

I bought s-tune because of all the great reviews here. Tein flex has not been reviewed much in terms of handling. Also, quite a few have complained of excessive noise and other factor's (which I now believe was due to different expectations).

What I'm thinking is this: Since s-tune sways were made for the car, and the sways alone offer much improvement, I'm thinking the combo of the sways + Tein Flex would be ideal (BTW, I haven't heard of anyone using this combo).

Here's my reasoning: As stated above, the Nismo sways were made for the car without adjustment. Now if I get the Tein Flex, I would only have to adjust the dampening as I already know that the sways are ideal as is.

So I can set dampening to autox, track, and cruise without worrying about sway adjustment to match.

This would simplify things greatly. Furthermore, I can revalve and adjust height with the Teins anytime.

I'll be taking a hit on the s-tune suspension if I sell, but if most agree that this would be a good set-up, I'm willing to do it.

Furthermore, long-term, as I stated above, the Teins offer more adjustability in terms of revalving.

Please advise.

Thanx

PS Are the springs on the Tein flex progressive or linear?

PPS I can give references if I sell

Last edited by uro279; 08-16-2003 at 03:53 PM.