Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Which option for Summer/Winter tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 05:59 PM
zzzya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Which option for Summer/Winter tires

Since I live in Iowa and drive my Z all year, I will need a winter solution. I painfully drove on the stock tires last winter and made it but, will never try that again. I have a 5AT touring Lemans Sunset with the 17" wheels right now. I am thinking of simply going with Michelin Alpine Sport A/S tires on the stock rims, but have also thought about using the stock rims with some Blizzaks for winter and a set of aftermarkets (5ZRs for example) with the stock Bridgestones for summer, or option 3 would be to sell the stock wheels/tires and buy the A/S tires with 5ZRs. I do not want to buy a winter vehicle, but have given it some thought. I am curious as well if the Michelin's are good enough for the winter snow here as that would definately make the decision easier if they are not up to the challenge. I like the style of the stock rims and if the Michelins are good enough, I will probably go that route and use the left over money for other mods and save up for some nicer rims such as the Volks or HREs at a later time. I have read through a lot of the old posts but never really seen posts on real winter driving experiences with the Michelins vs the Blizzaks. Any thoughts or recommendations are greatly appreciated. BTW I have read a lot on Tirerack on both these tires but not enough replies with Z owners to really make a decision. Thank you.
Old 09-04-2003, 05:52 PM
zzzya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone out there with a recommendation? Are the Michelin Alpine Sport tires really good enough on the Z for winter driving?