Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

For Immediate Release

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 09:33 AM
KS0385

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Metal costs are going up? Uhhhh, I'm not so sure that's true. I work for an Aluminum Die Casting company and our prices have gone down. Unless they make their wheels out of precious metals this makes no sense.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:36 AM
Crom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
I got Voltex kits coming in, Joe.
Its def tempting...The whole idea loses its luster after waiting so long - almost like a engine build.. I prob stck w/ what I got...
Old 02-19-2009, 09:37 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by got556
Does it really cost Rays $3000 or so to make 4 wheels? or lets say even $2000.

$10 said if they brought their prices back down a bit they'd open up more sales and still make money.

You can't tell me ARC is losing money on each product made.....I'd love to know their profit rate.

They're losing money b/c paying the bills/paying workers/etc comes every month or so. Sales dont for overpriced parts.
I don't think you're grasping of how this really all works. Its not the production of the products that is rising in price, it is the exchange rate that is causing this increase. The U.S distributor for these brands are purchasing them from the manufacturer in Japan but once currency is converted, the final cost of the product after transport, duty fee's, taxes is not what it used to be compared to just 3-6 months ago. The reason why the dollar is so weak compared to the currency of the rest of the world is due to the weakness of the U.S economy. What really gives our currency value is how much of it is in circulation which obviously at this point, will cause inflation putting the U.S into a even higher deficit and interest owed to the Fed.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:38 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by KS0385
Metal costs are going up? Uhhhh, I'm not so sure that's true. I work for an Aluminum Die Casting company and our prices have gone down. Unless they make their wheels out of precious metals this makes no sense.
You're correct. Cost of aluminum is actually decreasing.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:38 AM
got556

Originally Posted by KS0385

Exactly what I've been saying. They're using the same excuses the ammo companies have used w/ no solid facts. At least when the ammo went up metals did go through the roof for awhile.

But metal has been steady, gas steady, and demand....well I can't help but think it's went down so how do they expect to sell more by charging more?
Old 02-19-2009, 09:39 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by Crom
Its def tempting...The whole idea loses its luster after waiting so long - almost like a engine build.. I prob stck w/ what I got...
Well let me know if you decide to pull the trigger. I'll take care of you on pricing.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:39 AM
got556

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
I don't think you're grasping of how this really all works. Its not the production of the products that is rising in price, it is the exchange rate that is causing this increase. The U.S distributor for these brands are purchasing them from the manufacturer in Japan but once currency is converted, the final cost of the product after transport, duty fee's, taxes is not what it used to be compared to just 3-6 months ago. The reason why the dollar is so weak compared to the currency of the rest of the world is due to the weakness of the U.S economy. What really gives our currency value is how much of it is in circulation which obviously at this point, will cause inflation putting the U.S into a even higher deficit and interest owed to the Fed.
That makes some sense. Thanks for sticking w/ me as I'm just a bit shocked that most of the major players w/ the highest asking prices are the ones raising their prices.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:45 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by got556
That makes some sense. Thanks for sticking w/ me as I'm just a bit shocked that most of the major players w/ the highest asking prices are the ones raising their prices.
No problem. At the end of the day, I highly doubt that the U.S distributor of these brands WANT to increase the pricing but business is business and we are all in it for profit, not for losses. I'm sure if and when the exchange rate stabilizes, the prices will become more realistic.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:33 AM
Get_Zwole

lol **** that then i was gonna save up for some but ill buy another kind.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:41 AM
fatboy.yoshi

im glad i got my volks prior to june 08 hike up
Old 02-19-2009, 12:28 PM
danisr1
Sleeps in 350Z

The dollar has gained on almost all currency in the world this year, so its not a weak dollar, its just the yen is too strong right now with the economy right now.
In July last year the Pound was 2 to 1 now its 1.44 to 1
The Euro was 1.57 to 1 now its 1.26 to 1
Canadian dollar was stronger than ours in July , now its .79 to 1

The Yen is on a roll right now
July 1 dollar was 106 Yen now its 94. This hurts the Japanese economy when it come to exporting.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:27 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

you'd think this would help used Volk sales...
Old 02-19-2009, 01:35 PM
got556

Originally Posted by Chebosto
you'd think this would help used Volk sales...

Ya I see your point...but when ppl are already having trouble selling used parts b/c people simply don't have the cash...in the end (at least for now) less and less Volk's will be moved/out on the street which hurts Volks free advertisement imo.

I'm just pissed cuz I was waiting til about April to order me some Advan RS's 18X10 all around and now they're gonna be more expensive....