Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus Tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 07:39 AM
scrapser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus Tires

I just put these on my '06 Z which has the optional OEM chrome alloy spoke wheels. They are HP all-season tires and have a good rating at TireRack. So far the ride is noticeably quiet compared to the Potenzas that came with the car. Has anyone here had these tires on their car for a while and care to comment?
Old 03-10-2009, 08:51 AM
seank426

where did you purchase them from? price? I wanted to get some but if I remember correctly there price was above my price range.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:05 AM
terps

ive had them for like 12k miles. pretty good tires imho. were expensive but worth it for me since they can hold the powerlevels im at and still drive in the snow/rain(if im being easy on them). ahh they expensive as ***** i think 1400+ roughtly mounted
Old 03-10-2009, 10:15 AM
scrapser

I went to a local tire dealer/installer who is listed with TireRack. He ordered them for me directly and the total bill came to $1123.

This included:

Installation
Computer Balance
New pressure sensor seals
Dispose of old tires
Shipping and Maryland sales tax

I like them so far but have barely driven anywhere yet. I will be making a 500 mile trip next month so that should be interesting.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:12 PM
scrapser

I got stock replacements (the sizes you mention in your post). It's great that you can offer folks a deal. I was originally planning on getting some Axis Hiros and these Pilot Sports in the sizes that would fit the Hiros but with the economy the way it is, I just can't justify spending over $3K for wheels and tires no matter how good they would look.

Besides, my chrome alloy spoke wheels are pretty unique looking as they are. I only wish they were 19"/9" front and 19"/10" rear. This car screams for wide tires.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:28 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

For $1123 I would take a taxi to and from work in the snow.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:03 PM
mgw

I switched from PS2’s to these. My rear PS2’s hit the wear bars at 15,000 miles. The tires were running like $405 at the time, and I just could not pay that much for tires that would only last a year. I have about 3000 miles on the A/S PLUS. For normal everyday driving the A/S PLUS are just as good as the PS2’s. I don’t drive my car in the rain so I can’t speak on wet traction. I accelerate hard when I need to but I don’t take hairpins at 50 mph or try to go from 0-60 in 5 secs, so these fit my needs well. I stuck with Michelin because my PS2’s were great as far as taking potholes, and running over stuff. These seem to be a lot better at handling rough surfaces, probably because the thread is so thick. Very quiet smooth tires.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:41 PM
scrapser

To answer the last couple posts...I bought these tires because they are year-round tires and in Maryland will handle most of what this area can throw at you for weather. I grew up in NH and Montana so I'm very familiar with what real winters can be like.

My original tires were summer only and in the winter did not perform well; plus they were wearing down fast on the rears so time to replace all.

I take the metro to work, so I hardly drive. My car is three years old and just now has over 15K miles. These new tires should last me the life of the car if I keep the same pace. I don't beat on my car either so that will help.