Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Privat Fahren 18" Hyper Gray Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 06:00 PM
shagz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay...after talking to the dealer today, it seems that all I will get from NNA is the run around. They have started talking about the 12000 mile goodwill and crap. It felt like pulling teeth. I don't blame the dealer, he is telling me what NNA is telling him.

I have decided to go ahead with the Eibachs and PF's and the Nittos. I'll use the fronts (or what's left of them) for the time being, along with the 275/40/18 nittos, all four on the PF's. I will replace the front stock B-Stones with Nitto 245/40/18's in a month or so.
Now...for the Eibach Pro kit....the best price I have seen is $220 at http://www.300zxstore.com/eibprokitlow.html .

Todd, how much do the springs cost at Discount Tire? Also how much will it cost to install the Eibachs? I obviously will need a 4 wheel alignment, but do I need camber adjustment (can that even be done on the 350z)? How much are the adjustable camber rods? I think I saw something like 2000$?

I also have the right pull problem, but will get the TSB done at the dealer asap. Hopefully, the TSB, with the new setup will more or less fix all the problems.
Old 09-26-2003, 07:40 PM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

Maybe I can answer some of your questions. Afger the Eibach drop, your rear may need new camber rods to return back close to factory spec. I think the spec is -1.5 to -2.0. I had mine adjusted back to -1.9, which is still okay. I got the camber rods from lsdunique, you can check the thread here: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ht=camber+rods

I think it was somewhere around $235... Very good quality..
Old 09-26-2003, 08:30 PM
MSOsr

Originally posted by shagz
Now...for the Eibach Pro kit....the best price I have seen is $220 at http://www.300zxstore.com/eibprokitlow.html .
Please look here: http://www.350zforums.org/store/?pag...39fbcca9123a27
Old 09-27-2003, 04:58 AM
shagz

Let me ask this question (partly in jest) :
Will replacing springs and adding the camber & traction rods, void any warranty? Do I need both the camber & traction rods when I go with Eibachs, or just camber? On an average, how much does installation of springs & rods cost? I will not do a DIY.

This is the first car I bought extended 100K mile warranty on. Hopefully nothing else will break where Nissan says, ummmmm must be bad alignment, and not pay for it. I dunno. Maybe if the A/C breaks, they'll say, ummmm, you live in Florida, must be excessive A/C usage, sorry.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:00 AM
Todd@ProDyno

$220 shipped on the Eibachs. It should be a nice package and everything is sent to you freight free...give me a call!
Old 09-30-2003, 07:54 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

[QUOTE]Originally posted by shagz
Let me ask this question (partly in jest) :
Will replacing springs and adding the camber & traction rods, void any warranty?

If your suspension failed, you bring it back to Nisssan, yes, they will say the parts void the warranty.

>Do I need both the camber & traction rods when I go with Eibachs, or just camber?

Usually, just camber rod is good enough with the Eibach drop, since it's only around 1".

>On an average, how much does installation of springs & rods cost? I will not do a DIY.

It's very easy to DIY, you should give it a try. If you let the shop do it, it can be done in less than 30min. So I am guessing $50?

>This is the first car I bought extended 100K mile warranty on. Hopefully nothing else will break where Nissan says, ummmmm must be bad alignment, and not pay for it. I dunno.
When you modify your car, you have cross the line already. Your extended warranty will still cover major powertrain components, like engine, and transmission, which is the most important item. If you do an Eibach upgrade, your factory shocks will most likely to be replace sooner. It's just one of those things you have to remind yourself what to upgrade and what not to upgrade...
Old 09-30-2003, 03:19 PM
shagz

The Opal Privat Fahrens went on today @ the local Discount Tire. They look very very nice. The entire car looks so much different with those wheels on. The Opal finish matches the door handle finish perfectly. Got some good news from the dealer too. Apparantly, the Nissan tech set the camber (or was it caster-ican't remember) to .05, because that is deemed mid-range, and safe. Nissan tech support told the dealer to specifically set it to .08 this time. According to Nissan tech support that will cure the feathering problem. Anyway....Nissan is buying me new tires and doing the alignment. I have asked them to get me Nitto555s in 245/45. The dealer said it won't be a problem because they are cheaper than the potenzas. The potenzas are much softer than the Nittos, that's why they wear faster. Will stop by the dealer on my way to work tomorrow. They also have to do the TSB on the right-pull. Will post pics asap.
Old 09-30-2003, 03:33 PM
tyoung88

hey shagz

glad you got your privats on. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. What offsets did you get. I couldn't find the opal in the 20 offset in 18x8 so I ended up getting the hyper gray.
Old 10-04-2003, 03:16 PM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

tyoung88, that's the reason I went with hyper gray also. since opal doesn't come with 20 offset.. I think the rear 25offset could be 20offset also, but they don't come with it
Old 10-04-2003, 06:21 PM
shagz

Originally posted by tyoung88
hey shagz

glad you got your privats on. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. What offsets did you get. I couldn't find the opal in the 20 offset in 18x8 so I ended up getting the hyper gray.
I can't exactly remember but I think I went with 25 in the rear and 30 in the front. I have 275/40/18 Nittos in the rear and will eventually go with 245/45/18 Nittos in the front. I am rolling on the stock BStones for the front for another 8-10K miles. I had the front stock tires swapped so the feathered sides are now on the outside. The stock fronts are 225/??/18, so they do look a bit tucked in, but overall gives the car a wider stance, makes the rears stand out. Once I have the 245/45/18's put on the front everything will look good.

All I want is one month (November) without spending any money on the car.
That way I can give myself a nice Christmas present.
Old 10-04-2003, 11:13 PM
PropaGanda

I have the Privat Fahren Hyper Gray in 18x8 and 18x9 sizes. I already busted one rim up and had to have it replaced (front passenger side.) I hit one of those turning lane divider white plastic dome bump things going 60. It bent the rim all the way across on the outside and the inside. The tire didn't lose PSI, however, and I continued to drive around on it for about 5 days until my new rim arrived. Anywho, if anyone would help me resize my pictures I would love to post them here for the people that are interested in the Superblack Z's with the Hyper Gray rims. I will also include a pic of the bent rim for those interested.

What tires did you guys with the Fahren end up going with? I went with the Falken 451 in 245/40/18 and 275/40/18.

BTW, I think I might have knocked my car out of alignment when I bent my rim. The car is very unstable at speeds over 110 now. It tends to wander back and forth across the lane. Does this seem like it could be the case? If so, what would cause the wandering? Would it be camber or toe? Seems like it would be camber but I am not sure. If it is camber I am in trouble since it isn't adjustable.
Old 10-05-2003, 03:46 AM
shagz

Originally posted by PropaGanda
Anywho, if anyone would help me resize my pictures I would love to post them here for the people that are interested in the Superblack Z's with the Hyper Gray rims. I will also include a pic of the bent rim for those interested.

Seems like it would be camber but I am not sure. If it is camber I am in trouble since it isn't adjustable.
About resizing your pics:
It depends what software you're using, Photoshop, Fireworks, PSP etc. Usually, you should find a seletion for resizing the Image under the Image dropdown option up top. Don't do 'canvas size', look for 'image size'.

About the camber issue:
If the camber is not adjustible, then that would mean that to knock it out of alignment you would have to physically bend (or break) something to change the camber. Otherwise it would be adjustible, right? I may be wrong, but that is what the logical side of my brain is telling me. Alignment is a combination of camber + toe + caster. If you knock any one of these off, then your end result alignment will be off.
The stock BStones that came on the Z are much softer rubber tires, so they grip better than the harder rubber tires like Nitto's or the Falken's. That is the other reason the Nitto's or the Falken's last longer. Maybe it's a grip issue if you're going over 110 mph? Could be crosswind too? But if I were you, I would spend the extra $70, and get an alignment done. I am sceptical about getting the alignment done at my nissan dealer. I would get the specs, take it to a Porche dealer and get it done there. My dealer doesn't even have the plastic clips that go over the rims so as not to scratch them. But what can you expect if the car aligned before your Z was a sentra. I can rely on the Porche dealer to have those, and be more knowledgeable as well.
Old 10-05-2003, 07:14 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

Originally posted by PropaGanda
I have the Privat Fahren Hyper Gray in 18x8 and 18x9 sizes. I already busted one rim up and had to have it replaced (front passenger side.) I hit one of those turning lane divider white plastic dome bump things going 60. It bent the rim all the way across on the outside and the inside.
Not that I don't believe you, but how can you bend the rims going over the white plastic bumps at 60mph? Did you have low air pressure? If it's that easy to be damage the rims, you would've think the city won't be using those bumps anymore, or else they would have lots of lawsuits..

I have not seen or heard of the plastic bumps on the freeway causing rim damages... this is the 1st.

at least the Privat rims has lifetime warranty..
Old 10-05-2003, 08:05 AM
shagz

Originally posted by Apexi350z
at least the Privat rims has lifetime warranty..
Lifetime warranty? Where can I find more info about the warranty, as to what is covered etc? I am already noticing some of the chrome chipping off from the area where the lip joins with the rim. It's just in a small area, but is that a sign of things to come ? I had the rims put on last monday (9/29), and have taken very good care of them.
Old 10-05-2003, 02:54 PM
PropaGanda

I don't know why those bumps bent the rim, but the rim was bent. I had the proper PSI in the tire. I personally think these rims aren't quality like the more expensive rims. This makes sense, or course, but I have noticed a few different things that lead me to that conclusion. Anyways, please tell me more about this lifetime warranty thing. I have the bent rim downstairs and I was thinking about using it as a spare. Who can I contact to learn more about this warranty?

I will take my car for an alignment in a few days. I agree with your idea about taking it to the Porsche place. Sounds like a good idea because the people at my local Nissan place are purely brain dead. Perhaps I could take it by the Infiniti place.

I don't have any imaging software besides the Kodak stuff that I use to load my pix on the computer. I have looked at all of the imaging stuff that comes with the computer and have found no way to resize the image.
Old 10-05-2003, 05:02 PM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

I purchased the wheels from Discount Tires. They ordered the wheels for me and mounted them for me. On the work order, it says:

Privat Fahren FA88514204 (18x8)
Workmanship/Materials-Lifetime

Privat Fahren FA98514254 (18x9)
Workmanship/Materials-Lifetime

So, from the descriptions, I would think it has lifetime warranty from Discount Tires Co.

I did not ask the salesman though, since it was printed on my invoice. You may want to check with Todd? on this forum about the warranty.
Old 10-06-2003, 07:28 AM
Todd@ProDyno

Im assuming you are talking about the large 1.5" or 2" hard plastic (dont hit these or youll hit another car) bumps, rather than the reflectors. Those will cause damage to ANY rim. Road Hazards arent covered by the manufacturer, but if you have finish damage, that would be workmanship and covered. Hope this helps
Old 10-06-2003, 08:05 AM
WashUJon

Originally posted by shagz
I can't exactly remember but I think I went with 25 in the rear and 30 in the front. I have 275/40/18 Nittos in the rear and will eventually go with 245/45/18 Nittos in the front. I am rolling on the stock BStones for the front for another 8-10K miles. I had the front stock tires swapped so the feathered sides are now on the outside. The stock fronts are 225/??/18, so they do look a bit tucked in, but overall gives the car a wider stance, makes the rears stand out. Once I have the 245/45/18's put on the front everything will look good.

All I want is one month (November) without spending any money on the car.
That way I can give myself a nice Christmas present.
You might want to go with 245/40/18s in front, if you want to stay close to the stock front overall diameter. Otherwise, you're going to have an overall diameter of 677.7 mm in front and 677.2 mm in the rear. Its slightly larger in front, but its so small a difference that it shouldn't matter. You will have almost the same diameters front and rear. If that's what you're looking for, that's cool.
Old 10-06-2003, 11:49 AM
PropaGanda

Actually, in my previous car, a 97 Ford Probe GTS, I ran over two of those plastic bumps at one time. I was going around 55 or 60 and someone cut me off so I had to swerve and ended up hitting those things. This was on my stock chrome 16" swirles and cheapo Toyo tires. No damage was done. Just FYI...
Old 10-07-2003, 04:51 AM
BillR

FYI:

Here is a pic of Privat Fahren's on my G35.
18 X 8 20mm (f)
18 X 9 25mm (r)

Nitto 555 Extreme
245/40 X 18 (f)
275/35 X 18 (r)

Great wheels - 5000 miles and no finish problems.
GLAD i bought these vs. Iforged

Last edited by BillR; 10-07-2003 at 04:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Privat Fahren 18" Hyper Gray Pictures