Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Gauging interest...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 10:16 AM
Jetpilot718

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauging interest...

OK - I got this idea from watching a pilot training video for a Boeing 757.

That being said:

One of the systems discussed was a brake temperature gauge. In heavy aircraft, brake temperatures become an issue when an aircraft with thousands of pounds of fuel, passengers, and baggage need to reject a takeoff (this can happen at speeds upwards of 120mph) or in the everyday event of landing.

My question is if anyone would be interested in such an item for your Z's. Although the (typical ) Z owner doesn't need to worry about overheating the brakes, setting the tires on fire, and having an explosive tire send rubber through business class, it might be a useful gauge to monitor. You can tell how much braking power you will be able to use int he next corner by how hot your brakes are. Kinda liek a brake "fuel" gauge.

Let me know if i have completely lost it, or if this idea may have some potential.

If there is an audience for it, I will begin design process right away. If not, I will build this item for my Z when i purchase it (soon I hope!!) and then I will post pics and videos and make you all jealous.

I approximate cost to be around $200 for raw matericals. The actual install shouldnt be bad at all - something the average handy-person could do themselves.

Ciao!
-Steve