Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003 | 04:21 PM
JonsilvZ

Default Michelin Pilot Sport A/S

I just ordered these tires which has good ratings for all seasons. I drive my Z everyday and want performance all yr round. They say it has better dry traction then OEMs. Cost me $225(17inch)each with mount and balance. Does anyone had any experience with these tires?
Old 10-17-2003 | 04:44 PM
DMONTE

I have them on my car for little over a month now and they are the best thing I could have done for the car. I'm amazed how the car actually ride smoother and handles better than the original tires. I was concerned about the aggressive trad pattern and sidewall wall look but I'm really used to it now and I actually like it better than the original, all-around excellent tire.
Old 10-17-2003 | 05:16 PM
JonsilvZ

Lets see how it handles in the winter. The stocks really suck when the temp drops. Also useless even in 1 inch of snow. Are the Michelins stiff as the stocks? They should be(ZR rated).
Old 10-17-2003 | 05:35 PM
DMONTE

That was the main reason why I replace the stock tires I went through last winter on the original tires that should be outlawed anywhere the temperature drops below 40°.

I did a lot of research and these tires are supposed to be awesome for winter use they use three separate rubber compounds to make these tires that's why the cost I believe, not like we had a lot of choices to go with for our size situation but I think we were lucky to be able to get these. From what I have read they give up very little to a ultrahigh performance summer tire and for the thousand miles or so I have put on so far I must agree.

Funny you should say about one in. of snow last winter I pulled my car out of the garage onto about an inch of snow and could even get it back in the garage luckily I have another car use but I would rather drive the z