Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Kit and lowered?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 11:07 PM
ComeBack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kit and lowered?

Hey I'm new to the whole z world but I have done some research so no need to tell me to look for the search button haha. Well I just got a complete vertex kit and tomorrow my coils will be coming. I was wondering people that have a kit and that are lowered how much clearance do you have? What wheel specs and suspension specs are you running? 18? 19? 20? Camber? Tire sizes? Anything will help
Old 01-01-2010, 11:17 PM
johzp

Haha, are you the one that picked up the trade for stock? if so thanks, cause i was going to get it and you saved me some time/travel/money haha.

Anyways, when i was "going" to get that kit i did some research. Compared to my amuse side skirts, and rear lip, the vertex kit hangs about 1"-1.5" lower, and in the rear i would say a good 2"-3" which lines up with the sides.

Im on BC Coils with shorter springs, and if i were to get the kit, and stay the ride height im at right now i would have 2 finger distance compared to my 4~4.5 finger clearance with my amuse sides.

As you can tell i did a lot of research before i was going to get this kit, so if you have any more questions lmk.

Everything measures with 19" wheels
Old 01-02-2010, 02:11 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

18 19 or 20 won't matter if you run the proper height tire.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:13 AM
duro78

Depending on the kit the bottom of the car is gonna bottom out before the kit does but obviously the front will take its fair share of abuse
Old 01-02-2010, 09:02 AM
ComeBack

Originally Posted by johzp
Haha, are you the one that picked up the trade for stock? if so thanks, cause i was going to get it and you saved me some time/travel/money haha.

Anyways, when i was "going" to get that kit i did some research. Compared to my amuse side skirts, and rear lip, the vertex kit hangs about 1"-1.5" lower, and in the rear i would say a good 2"-3" which lines up with the sides.

Im on BC Coils with shorter springs, and if i were to get the kit, and stay the ride height im at right now i would have 2 finger distance compared to my 4~4.5 finger clearance with my amuse sides.

As you can tell i did a lot of research before i was going to get this kit, so if you have any more questions lmk.

Everything measures with 19" wheels
Haha yea that was me Im not sure what i want to do now. I love the vertex kit but I do want to go pretty low. Im on stock wheels & tires with stock suspension and i still scrape the front Im might try and trade someone back for stock haha.

Originally Posted by terrasmak
18 19 or 20 won't matter if you run the proper height tire.
Well I was thinking i was going to do 19x10 front and rear with 245/40/19 tires hoping that would give me more clearance. I still want a mild stretch since I am into the flush scene

Originally Posted by duro78
Depending on the kit the bottom of the car is gonna bottom out before the kit does but obviously the front will take its fair share of abuse
yea the front already has some scrapes and now a couple more since ive owned it.