Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Iforged wheel issues?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 05:17 AM
fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iforged wheel issues?

There has been some discussion about quality issues with Iforged wheels.......any one have any information, or have any real information concerning Iforged quality issues?????

thanks!
Old 10-30-2003, 05:25 AM
2003z

If someone backs your car into a truck while at the dealership, they bend pretty easily, but other than that, mine are great.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:17 AM
havabooz

hmmm....i had a bit of an issue with mine but they are going to fix it free of charge....all in all the wheels are amazing
Old 10-30-2003, 01:16 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are issues on service, and some clearcoat problems.
Old 10-30-2003, 09:03 PM
damen

my wheels are fine.
Old 10-30-2003, 09:21 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do a search youll find a lot of complaints about the ordering/wait on them but much fewer on the product.

if your prepared to wait a while for them and just accept that, itll go much easier.
Old 10-31-2003, 05:34 AM
havabooz

get em...but expect a wait...but at least you get to customize them to your liking...also...if your getting a polished lip or face then i might suggest you think about getting a clearcoat or not...the polished part will shine much nicer but it will be harder to keep clean
Old 10-31-2003, 07:29 AM
ZZtopp

Let's not forget cracked welds, lies, peeling clearcoat, lies, waiting an eternity, more lies.......you get the picture.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:01 AM
havabooz

some people have had bad problems..some small ones...and some none....same thing with every company..in the end hopefully evryone is happy
Old 10-31-2003, 11:53 AM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by havabooz
some people have had bad problems..some small ones...and some none....same thing with every company..in the end hopefully evryone is happy

Funny......I haven't heard one complaint about Volks, HRE, Discount Tire, etc. The world will be a better place when these guys are out of business. Oh wait.....I forgot: they don't go out of business, they just open another company under a new name when their reputation get too tarnished to sell any more crappy wheels.
Old 10-31-2003, 12:17 PM
jran76

Clearcoat problems here, other than that my episode was great....
Old 10-31-2003, 01:07 PM
havabooz

jran...did you get your cleacoat problems early ..or was it a result of natural wear and tear??....dont think i dont see you snoopin around lookin for other wheels
Old 10-31-2003, 02:15 PM
2003z

Originally posted by ZZtopp
Funny......I haven't heard one complaint about Volks, HRE, Discount Tire, etc. The world will be a better place when these guys are out of business. Oh wait.....I forgot: they don't go out of business, they just open another company under a new name when their reputation get too tarnished to sell any more crappy wheels.
ok, here's one. discount tire (local) quoted me a price on race tires matching tire rack. When they came in they charged me shipping that they didnt tell me about up front. You've been all over iforged from the beginning here. No other member has been screwed like you claim, so whatever problem you had must have been solved.
Old 10-31-2003, 03:12 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by 2003z
ok, here's one. discount tire (local) quoted me a price on race tires matching tire rack. When they came in they charged me shipping that they didnt tell me about up front. You've been all over iforged from the beginning here. No other member has been screwed like you claim, so whatever problem you had must have been solved.
Wow.....what a complaint. At least they did ship your tires though, huh? Did you think shipping was free?

Regardless, Iforged wheels not only have questionable, spotty quality, they are also blatant thieves and liars. This opinion (and it is just that, my opinion) is based on my personal experience with them and the dozens and dozens of others I've read about on this board and others. To recomend them under any circumstances is to do your fellow Z enthusiasts a disservice. Your experience may have been fine, but you are in the minority, my friend.
Old 10-31-2003, 03:49 PM
jran76

Originally posted by havabooz
jran...did you get your cleacoat problems early ..or was it a result of natural wear and tear??....dont think i dont see you snoopin around lookin for other wheels
Yes, I have been. I may be selling the wheels. For 2 reasons: 1) I really like another set of wheels, SF-Winnings, 2) I found a place locally that will fix the clearcoat problem, and I am working with a potential buyer and Iforged on how to resolve this.

Don't get me wrong, I love the wheels, and if I end up keeping them I will not be disappointed one bit, other than having to get the wheels re-clearcoated.

I did have problems right away, or within a week or two of the wheels being on the car. When I looked at the wheels last week with the potential buyer we noticed at least one other wheel had started to peel around the centercap, and there were signs on the other 2 wheels, so I think all 4 should be refinished. The wheels have been on the car for about 4 months, although I recieved them in April-May. I also only cleaned them by hand and was always very careful.

One other thing about Iforged, as I said I had a great expirience with them, although I do not consider it acceptable to have the issues with the wheels (I find their service to be on par with others, they MET all my expectations). I only hope they make it right. I sent an email out last week and have not heard back, but I hope that they will take care of this issue. And, you will surely hear about it if they do not.....

Last edited by jran76; 10-31-2003 at 03:52 PM.
Old 10-31-2003, 04:04 PM
2003z

Wow.....what a complaint. At least they did ship your tires though, huh? Did you think shipping was free?

why yes, I did think shipping was free. Have you ever gone into a tire store (not an online purchase), ordered tires at a given price, then been told you had to pay shipping when they arrived and installed them, (and not been told that upfront)?
Old 10-31-2003, 04:05 PM
2003z

and I think the ratio of people with quality issues on this board and others to people without is very low. Customer service and speed of delivery is a whole 'nother story.
Old 10-31-2003, 04:07 PM
jran76

Regardless, Iforged wheels not only have questionable, spotty quality, they are also blatant thieves and liars. This opinion (and it is just that, my opinion) is based on my personal experience with them and the dozens and dozens of others I've read about on this board and others. To recomend them under any circumstances is to do your fellow Z enthusiasts a disservice. Your experience may have been fine, but you are in the minority, my friend.
A couple things.... I agree with some of your arguments, mainly the quality, although the clearcoat issue is the only issue that I am aware of.

Before I bought the wheels I went to all the forums I could find (Audi, BMW, etc.) and read all the negative post about Iforged, and the ONLY things I could find were the complaints of the long wait, which I do not think is great service, but it is a custom wheel. The only other complaint was from people that wanted to change or cancel the order, which is not possible, and this is known going into the deal.

I disagree with a few things also in all fairness. I have seen no evidence that they are "crooks," if you could point me in the direction of where you have seen that they have really ripped someone off (outside of the above mentioned acts). I am not trying to start an argument, but would like to see it out of curiousity. I also feel full well that at this point they make a good wheel and would have no problem at all recommending them to others. I also disagree that a "minority" of the people are satisfied. I have read every Iforged post on this site and all the other major forums, and it seems that 90% of the people are happy. I know of at least 20 people on this forum that are happy, and maybe 2-3 that are not.

Again, not trying to start an argument, but you do not seem to have taken an objective approach to the argument, did you have a bad expirience with them? If so, please let me know (I am sure you have posted, but I am too lazy to search)....
Old 10-31-2003, 08:03 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by jran76
A couple things.... I agree with some of your arguments, mainly the quality, although the clearcoat issue is the only issue that I am aware of.

Before I bought the wheels I went to all the forums I could find (Audi, BMW, etc.) and read all the negative post about Iforged, and the ONLY things I could find were the complaints of the long wait, which I do not think is great service, but it is a custom wheel. The only other complaint was from people that wanted to change or cancel the order, which is not possible, and this is known going into the deal.

I disagree with a few things also in all fairness. I have seen no evidence that they are "crooks," if you could point me in the direction of where you have seen that they have really ripped someone off (outside of the above mentioned acts). I am not trying to start an argument, but would like to see it out of curiousity. I also feel full well that at this point they make a good wheel and would have no problem at all recommending them to others. I also disagree that a "minority" of the people are satisfied. I have read every Iforged post on this site and all the other major forums, and it seems that 90% of the people are happy. I know of at least 20 people on this forum that are happy, and maybe 2-3 that are not.

Again, not trying to start an argument, but you do not seem to have taken an objective approach to the argument, did you have a bad expirience with them? If so, please let me know (I am sure you have posted, but I am too lazy to search)....

If you're too lazy to do a search, than you won't find the post about the wheel that could not hold air due to a cracked weld, or my post about how Vince lied and tried to rip me off for my entire deposit when I cancelled very soon after placing an order, and long before they started work on my wheels. My credit card company investigated the issue, and sided with me. Vince did the wrong thing, and I hope it has cost him a lot more than the amount he tried to steal from me.

What I find even more objectionable than the long time frames for delivery are the endless lies that Vince seems to tell his customers. To me, this shows a total lack of respect for his clientele and a deplorable business ethic. I'm sure many people are happy with their wheels once they get them...hell, they're probably just damn happy to finally have some wheels, regardless of the quality and the BS they had endure while waiting for them. For what you pay for these wheels, there should nothing but honesty when it comes to delivery times, and perfect quality. Iforged seems incapable of both.

I haven't seen one post about any Mackin Distributor lying about delivery times, or Volk wheels with peeling clearcoat, or any cracked welds on HRE wheels. From all that I've seen and read, these guy are simply not worth dealing with.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:07 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by 2003z
why yes, I did think shipping was free. Have you ever gone into a tire store (not an online purchase), ordered tires at a given price, then been told you had to pay shipping when they arrived and installed them, (and not been told that upfront)?
Oh.. I misunderstood. You're right. That is BS. I've never heard that before. That sucks. The local Discount Tire that ordered my Toyos did not charge me shipping.

Quick Reply: Iforged wheel issues?