Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Resale value of varrstoen wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 05:45 PM
(ZzzzzZ)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resale value of varrstoen wheels?

Hey guys,

Im torn between getting either varrstoen wheels or some used volks/works. Usually the volks or works go for around 2k to 3k, which im down to drop. But the varrstoen's look nice and cost around 1k to 1.5k, depending on if its used or not. What I want to know is, will the resale value of varrstoen be as good as volks? I know used volks, when bought at 2k for example, can be sold again for around that same price. I want to know this because I want to try different styles of wheels, and I don't want to buy varrstoen only to find out the resale value is bad, and I lose money when i resell, but with volks, I can pay 2k, and trade or sell for 2k, and get other volks/works. So im not really losing money with volks. Please let me know, thanks.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:47 PM
w0rM

My guess is the resale on the off brand is always going to be worse. Volks never loose much value unless they get beat up.

Bottom line... you'll never regret buying quality. Get Volks.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:04 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by w0rM
My guess is the resale on the off brand is always going to be worse. Volks never loose much value unless they get beat up.

Bottom line... you'll never regret buying quality. Get Volks.
Agree. Demand for Volks keeps the prices up. Condition rather than age is a major value factor.

Similar to the 2003 OEM Track wheels. 7 years old and still demand a reasonable price.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Hmmmm

Cheap replica that's unproven or authentic product that's been purchased by tens of thousands of enthusiasts for years without issue?
Old 06-15-2010, 06:35 PM
dkmesa350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As a percentage of price new, I don't see why Volks vs replicas would differ given the condition is the same.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:56 PM
sdZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look at it like this... Why would someone pay you 1k for Varrstoens when they can buy them new for that price? If you were to resell them in good condition, you could probably get back $700-900... Trust me, I've seen them go for around those prices BNIB from people who buy them, then regret it and sell them... You can probably get a good ammount of money back if you were to offer them with tires... ...

As for Volks, they are much more expensive brand new, which is why you would see them go for 2k-ish... The original owner paid much more than that I can assure you... Also, you will never know who the original owner of the wheels were to begin with, unless the seller has a reciept... So they can go from one owner to another and never really lose their "used value"(depending on the condition of the wheels)...
Old 06-16-2010, 12:50 AM
(ZzzzzZ)

alright, so here is an example. Varrstoen wheels brand new without tires are around 1200. If I were to use them for a while, and sell them without tires, how much would I get?

And for volk, I don't know what they are brand new because they are so expensive, so im going to guess is around 2500 new without tires. If I use my volks for a while and decide to sell without tires, how much would I expect to get? Assuming both brands are used cleanly, without rash/scrapes, and they still look new, how much would I get for varrstoen and for volks? The one with the lesser difference would be the one with better resale value, so which one?
Old 06-16-2010, 01:10 AM
sdZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Honestly, for some used Varstoen's I wouldn't pay more than $800(in good condition)...

As for te-37's, it will depend... Value can go up or down because of certain factors(sizes/widths, offsets, colors, condition, etc...) Now what you can do is head on over to the market place and see what they are going for... Pay attention to the specs of different wheels... Remember, the condition determines the "vaule" of the wheels as well...

Overall, even with the big difference in price, you will be taking less of a loss with Volks.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:04 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 996 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by davidv
Agree. Demand for Volks keeps the prices up.
from what I have seen lately there is more demand for Rotas and Varrosten wheels than Volks.....
Old 06-16-2010, 03:07 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by (ZzzzzZ)
alright, so here is an example. Varrstoen wheels brand new without tires are around 1200. If I were to use them for a while, and sell them without tires, how much would I get?

And for volk, I don't know what they are brand new because they are so expensive, so im going to guess is around 2500 new without tires. If I use my volks for a while and decide to sell without tires, how much would I expect to get? Assuming both brands are used cleanly, without rash/scrapes, and they still look new, how much would I get for varrstoen and for volks? The one with the lesser difference would be the one with better resale value, so which one?
Um... it varies, but roughly $3200 for a set of wheels without tires.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:17 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

If ur thinking about resale before you even purchase then keep moving.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:36 AM
Luong

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Highway Riding
If ur thinking about resale before you even purchase then keep moving.
+1. I purchase all of my parts assuming the resale is $0.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:36 AM
VQpoweredZ

When I purchased my Volks I knew that I would be able to get something back for them as long as they're not totally ruined, because of how much I paid for them. I knew there would be others that want my rims used at a lower price even if they were used, because they cannot afford new ones or cannot justify spending so much on rims.

Varrstoen on the other hand, I wouldn't expect to get much back for because you can get them for so cheap already brand new from vendors. In todays market for used car parts it seems like it's nothing but lowballers praying you will accept their awful offer.

If Varrstoen goes out of business somehow and stop making replicas, only then would I think you could sell them back for their original price, or more depending how many people are selling them. (Good example BB5's)
Old 06-16-2010, 10:38 AM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Luong
+1. I purchase all of my parts assuming the resale is $0.
This is ridic... I always consider resale. fak, everything i own is perpetually
on sale. I am always shooting an angle.

Point blank these wheels are beat and make their buyers look silly. Eventually
one of them will fail under pressure and cause damage (to property and (or) people). If you choose to support them by purchasing the wheels, they will continue to produce more of their crap...

This varsstoen garbage is just another replica company (and individuals) that
can't think for themselves and choose to profit off of a design which they had nothing to do with. It's a shame volk can't protect themselves from this ********.

And yes, these wheels will never be worth a ****.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by lgear080
This is ridic... I always consider resale. fak, everything i own is perpetually
on sale. I am always shooting an angle.

Point blank these wheels are beat and make their buyers look silly. Eventually
one of them will fail under pressure and cause damage (to property and (or) people). If you choose to support them by purchasing the wheels, they will continue to produce more of their crap...

This varsstoen garbage is just another replica company (and individuals) that
can't think for themselves and choose to profit off of a design which they had nothing to do with. It's a shame volk can't protect themselves from this ********.

And yes, these wheels will never be worth a ****.
+1 Gillion. Think of it this way, the people that buy fake ghetto wheels are either cheap or uninformed. Why would they want to spend almost a grand on used ghetto fakes, when they can purchase new ghetto fakes at a similar cost? Financially it just doesn't make sense. These wheels cant really retain value because they don't cost a lot to begin with. I'm sure you would get low balled by some clowns on used fakes.
If you are truly planning on selling the wheel down the road, you might as well choose one that will retain its value. How do you know the fake wheels you ride on wont start to deteriorate quickly? Then you're going to be stuck with fake broken wheels that no one wants.
You can purchase whatever wheel you want, but in the long run I cant see any way for a fake wheels to hold any credible value, its just not worth it.

Good luck in your choice. Remember that with wheels, in the long run, you get what you pay for.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:26 PM
(ZzzzzZ)

Thanks for the advice guys. I guess you guys are assuming varrstoen wheels suck and will eventually crack/wear out faster than quality wheels?
Old 06-16-2010, 09:38 PM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Buy whatever your budget is. Resale value for car parts aren't great at all for any parts, real or fake unless it's a rare item.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:07 PM
microsteve40
Know it all

Originally Posted by davidv
Agree. Demand for Volks keeps the prices up. Condition rather than age is a major value factor.

Similar to the 2003 OEM Track wheels. 7 years old and still demand a reasonable price.
I can't speak for the Varrstoen's, but in the past 6 months I sold both a set of Volk GT-V and a set of 03 OEM Track wheels off my car.

I bought the GT-V's brand new, 5 years ago, for 3180 with tires (Toyo T1-S), and sold them without tires for just under $2100.

The OEM Track wheels came on my car when I bought it new in March of 03, and I sold them for $800 with beat down, virtually worthless tires on them.

I hope that gives you an idea of the resale of a couple of these that were mentioned...
Old 06-16-2010, 10:42 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lgear080

Eventually one of them will fail under pressure and cause damage (to property and (or) people). .

Sevas wheels anyone?
Old 06-17-2010, 01:16 AM
(ZzzzzZ)

WOW 03 track wheels without tires for 800??? The 06-08 wheels only sell for 300-500 lol
Originally Posted by microsteve40
I can't speak for the Varrstoen's, but in the past 6 months I sold both a set of Volk GT-V and a set of 03 OEM Track wheels off my car.

I bought the GT-V's brand new, 5 years ago, for 3180 with tires (Toyo T1-S), and sold them without tires for just under $2100.

The OEM Track wheels came on my car when I bought it new in March of 03, and I sold them for $800 with beat down, virtually worthless tires on them.

I hope that gives you an idea of the resale of a couple of these that were mentioned...

Quick Reply: Resale value of varrstoen wheels?