Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Recommended Rims

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 11:26 AM
Maxx87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Enkei, Konig, Linea Corse, Rota, Motegi, XXR....and alot more but i would stay away from XXR though...i heard stories about them getting curb rash easily. I had a civic before my Z and i had RTX (seems to be same wheel quality) 17 inch wheels on it and they got damaged easily. With 17's you'll keep a comfortable ride as well even with roads with a few bumps and cracks. I'm with drivessidewayz with this, Enkei would be a wise choice for the money.

Don't listen to all the people hating we're all here because we have the same passion and not because we have the same budget.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:30 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Last edited by davidv; 01-15-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxx87
Enkei, Konig, Linea Corse, Rota, Motegi, XXR....and alot more but i would stay away from XXR though...i heard stories about them getting curb rash easily.

Last edited by Voboy; 01-15-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Tbagby350Z

Hell ya! Thanks DavidV!
Old 01-15-2011, 07:12 PM
T_K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by turtlez
Look out for the volk fanboys!!! 5 g rims on my 15g ride. Granted they are SWEET, but common get real. If you have anything short of a built car with volks you are a moron. Love the Z but people act REAL special around here about their nissan
Buy it new then.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:36 PM
turtlez

Originally Posted by T_K
Buy it new then.
I know I know I know tooooo expensive for me. Word it how ya want. Everybody has a budget. If expensive rims are in your budget I am incredibly happy for ya. If your a snob to people who are driving the same car you own but cant afford high dollar wheels.....WHO CARES. How bout you go buy a new 370 and I will enjoy it 5 yrs from now when its not new and in my price range....who cares.
I understand you paid alot if you bought it new I came off a little harsh because I have been scouring these threads for a month trying to decide on wheels, and this happens on every thread I find about anything other than volks or equivalent. Just gets annoying. Sorry If I offended anybody just a little vent and now im done.

Last edited by turtlez; 01-15-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:36 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

^What is hilarious is that the only person who brought up the Volk topic was you, the rest of us were being helpful.

You sound like a douchey little kid who's broke and bitter about it.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:42 PM
turtlez

Originally Posted by Waizzz
^What is hilarious is that the only person who brought up the Volk topic was you, the rest of us were being helpful.

You sound like a douchey little kid who's broke and bitter about it.

Last edited by turtlez; 01-15-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:37 AM
VQpoweredZ

Look out for the volk fanboys!!! 5 g rims on my 15g ride. Granted they are SWEET, but common get real. If you have anything short of a built car with volks you are a moron. Love the Z but people act REAL special around here about their nissan
Definitely agree with you here Waizzz.

This excuse is the reason why the 350z will be the new 240, if it already hasn't hit that point already. All Volks aren't 5k either, you just have to do some research, know where to look, and you can find them for much cheaper. Just because the Z's retail value goes down doesn't mean i'll walk into Pep Boys and settle for the wheels they have on the wall.

If you are scouring all these threads, searching for ideas for new wheels, it must be hard for you to read, because the recommendations for cheap wheels are always the same, it isn't that difficult.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:59 PM
turtlez

Look, I work part time at a race shop that builds 800+ hp engines every day. Primarily dirt track late models, a couple sprints and a lot of emods. I really dont care about how much of a toolbag you are and what you think I can afford. I get alot of flack for buying this little nissan for a dd to school(28 and finishing my engineering degree), and I come here and everybody is a snob. Sorry but your cars arent that fast at all, very fun to drive, but get real. If I didnt love driving the car so much i would really regret becoming a ricer
Old 01-16-2011, 11:05 PM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Look, I work part time at a race shop that builds 800+ hp engines every day. Primarily dirt track late models, a couple sprints and a lot of emods. I really dont care about how much of a toolbag you are and what you think I can afford. I get alot of flack for buying this little nissan for a dd to school(28 and finishing my engineering degree), and I come here and everybody is a snob. Sorry but your cars arent that fast at all, very fun to drive, but get real. If I didnt love driving the car so much i would really regret becoming a ricer
You get **** for driving a 350z to college, sounds like highschool to me. Who the hell cares what you drive once your in college.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:07 PM
turtlez

Originally Posted by marques1
You get **** for driving a 350z to college, sounds like highschool to me. Who the hell cares what you drive once your in college.
No I dont, Im real happy with my Z. The guys at work give me a hard time
Old 01-16-2011, 11:17 PM
VQpoweredZ

Your arguments are everywhere. I can't keep up. I thought the argument was about wheels, not how fast a 350z was.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:23 PM
turtlez

Originally Posted by VQpoweredZ
Your arguments are everywhere. I can't keep up. I thought the argument was about wheels, not how fast a 350z was.
The argument turned into im a summer breeze lil kid that cant pay for anything.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:36 PM
VQpoweredZ

The argument turned into im a summer breeze lil kid that cant pay for anything.
All I said was that Volks weren't all 5k and you just have to know where to look.

And if you have seen one "What cheap wheels should I buy?" thread, you have seen them all.

You just flipped the argument entirely.

Last edited by VQpoweredZ; 01-16-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:48 PM
turtlez

All I said was that Volks weren't all 5k and you just have to know where to look.

And if you have seen one "What cheap wheels should I buy?" thread, you have seen them all.

You just flipped the argument entirely.
Look I apologized for my rant, in fact I am seriously debating the gold sf winnings on the classifieds. But then the next guy(not you) had to call me a"douchey little kid who's broke and bitter about it" Is ****ed up. Im not here trying to flex my wallet I could buy them if I wanted to. Im out of line and I admit it but some california kid isnt gonna call me douchey
Old 01-17-2011, 12:14 AM
turtlez

pm me if you have a vortech kit you want to get rid of. I cant post to wtb until I endure 90 days of broke douche status

Last edited by turtlez; 01-17-2011 at 12:21 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:19 AM
0350Zz

Originally Posted by Tbagby350Z
The only reason I say 17's is becuase I was given a set of 17" Tires. Thanks for the replies guys!
well that changes everything, it almost restricts you even further and changes your budget. original post said 1000 for wheels and tires, but its 1000 for wheels? i suggest you find some you like and go from there. that advice was given to me from someone on the forum and thought id pass it on haha but just look around for wheels you like and keep an eye on the classifieds here
Old 01-18-2011, 08:26 AM
0350Zz

Definitely agree with you here Waizzz.

This excuse is the reason why the 350z will be the new 240, if it already hasn't hit that point already. All Volks aren't 5k either, you just have to do some research, know where to look, and you can find them for much cheaper. Just because the Z's retail value goes down doesn't mean i'll walk into Pep Boys and settle for the wheels they have on the wall.

If you are scouring all these threads, searching for ideas for new wheels, it must be hard for you to read, because the recommendations for cheap wheels are always the same, it isn't that difficult.
haha funny. i had stayed away from pepboys, but before work yesterday, i had decided to go in there for the first time cus i was bored out of my mind...i was real dissapointed with what i saw mounted up on the wall over there. and i mean REAL dissapointed.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Tbagby350Z

Originally Posted by 0350Zz
well that changes everything, it almost restricts you even further and changes your budget. original post said 1000 for wheels and tires, but its 1000 for wheels? i suggest you find some you like and go from there. that advice was given to me from someone on the forum and thought id pass it on haha but just look around for wheels you like and keep an eye on the classifieds here
Thanks! Where abouts in CT are you?

Quick Reply: Recommended Rims