Ns2?
Old 04-17-2012, 01:28 PM
duro78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you talking about nankang nsii?
Old 04-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Adon

if you're talking about Nankang NS2, then my personal experience with them is great and positive.

they are real hardcore and take a helluva beating, sidewalls are not soft like some other brands, yet they still stretch nicely, i road tripped all across canada on low profile set of NS2's 30 series on 20 inch rims, hit all kinds of pot holes and went over all kinds of bumps not a single bubble appeared nor did I have any problems...

the only drawback from my experience would be they are very noisy, also the compound is not as hard as it could be, they wear out I think a little faster than they should.

as far as performance handling i cant vouch for any of that since i never pushed my car in them, i do know they handle fairly well in wet rainy weather though, only have my VDC kick in a few times in 2 years i had them, no more than the stock oem michelins
Old 04-17-2012, 08:06 PM
TucsonG35

Originally Posted by Adon
if you're talking about Nankang NS2, then my personal experience with them is great and positive.

they are real hardcore and take a helluva beating, sidewalls are not soft like some other brands, yet they still stretch nicely, i road tripped all across canada on low profile set of NS2's 30 series on 20 inch rims, hit all kinds of pot holes and went over all kinds of bumps not a single bubble appeared nor did I have any problems...

the only drawback from my experience would be they are very noisy, also the compound is not as hard as it could be, they wear out I think a little faster than they should.

as far as performance handling i cant vouch for any of that since i never pushed my car in them, i do know they handle fairly well in wet rainy weather though, only have my VDC kick in a few times in 2 years i had them, no more than the stock oem michelins
thanks for your info! I was worried about soft sidewalls and horrid wet performance , but seems like you cleared that up for me

any more info on the nankang ns2s will be appreciated
Old 04-17-2012, 10:14 PM
tookrzy4u192

I'm running 245/45's ns2's in the rear on stock wheels and they're good enough for DD. They didn't seem "dangerous" in heavy rain either
Old 04-18-2012, 03:10 AM
Jairen

I have them.

I came from a set of Michelin PS2's. I thought there would be a world a difference from reading the bad reviews and horror stories. I pulled the plug anyways. I picked these out cause it was dirt cheap and didn't want to fork out $1300 on tires again.

These tires have seen more than its fake share of work. I've these tires through more than what most people would do these tires. Literally over a thousand launches at the strip and yes, I spin them below staging. They also survived numerous canyon runs, maybe over 1000 miles total with no issues.

Almost all the videos in my sig were on Nankangs to give you an idea.

Here's the downside. They get noisy. They wear a little fast, but I did put them through a lot. My wear is down to about 30% due to camber wear. Progressively, they have gotten more and more slippery. They don't hold on dry surfaces like it used to. A little flick of the throttle during a turn from a complete stop will send them spinning and in the rain, it's really slick.

I will be ordering a set of Michelin Pilot Sports soon.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:13 AM
VMRWheels
Vendor - Former Vendor

Aside from some of the things listed above I haven't really heard too many negative things about them, although I probably wouldn't put them on my own car.