MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Wheels & Tires (https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires-60/)
-   -   New Axis Hiro Wheels (https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires/57669-new-axis-hiro-wheels.html)

MY350Z.COM 01-23-2004 03:30 AM

me likey

zeroday 01-23-2004 09:50 AM

just bought mine; 19"s in gunmetal with bridgestone s03's. thanks to the thread starter for the link! Should be here in under two months; i'll post pics when they're on. :icon4: :icon04: :D

zeroday 01-23-2004 10:04 AM

I just noticed something...Axis has never made forged wheels....how do we know for sure that these are forged? Price seems low for forged rims.

ad350 01-23-2004 10:52 AM

What was the total price for the package?

POWERZ 01-23-2004 10:52 AM

These are not forged wheels. According to NorthEast they are a lightweight cast ~21.5 lbs each. Offsets will be from 15-45 and they should be in stock in 4 weeks.

rodH 01-23-2004 11:58 AM

Originally posted by zeroday
I just noticed something...Axis has never made forged wheels....how do we know for sure that these are forged? Price seems low for forged rims.
they aren't forged, the only forged wheels that they make are the 3 piece SE7EN wheels built by intro.

ranger5oh 01-23-2004 12:21 PM

Those are by far the best wheels I have seen for the Z. Good Find!

zeroday 01-23-2004 12:24 PM

Originally posted by POWERZ
These are not forged wheels. According to NorthEast they are a lightweight cast ~21.5 lbs each. Offsets will be from 15-45 and they should be in stock in 4 weeks.
mike at northeast said the outer rim is forged but the spokes are cast...who is right here... :confused:

zeroday 01-23-2004 12:56 PM

NOT forged.

:icon8: dammit. thought it was too good to be true...i'm still getting them though, have to avoid those potholes i guess.

Actually, I was mistaken, I though the outer was forged, but it is a one piece wheel so that would be impossible. The entire wheel is cast but with a new method that makes them one of the lightest and strongest cast wheels on the market which you can probably see why I would have mistaken them for being forged, because you really can't tell the difference :)

Shop Here First, Shop Here Last, But Shop Here For The Best Service And Lowest Prices... GUARENTEED

Thanks For The Opportunity!

Best Regards,

Mike
NorthEast Auto Design
www.ForPerformance.com
www.NorthEastAutoDesign.com
www.GramLights.com
1.800.296.6560 ext. 202

rodH 01-23-2004 07:02 PM

Re: NOT forged.

:icon8: dammit. thought it was too good to be true...i'm still getting them though, have to avoid those potholes i guess.
basically the design (1 piece) make it impossible to be forged without being very very expensive and some have argued that a 1 piece forged wheel can NOT be as strong as the multi piece based on the processes that can not be done on a 1 piece.

JJGALIA 01-23-2004 08:11 PM

What is the lip?

Does anyone know if the Lip is bigger on they 9.5 and 10.5 wheels? All the pictures I see seem to suggest a very modest lip size.

ZZtopp 01-23-2004 09:22 PM

Damn.........those are nice. Sort of like a five spoke LE37.....and I love five spoke wheels. Damn........

And then comes the standard questions: will they fit over the Brembos and work with the TPS?

35oZephyR 01-24-2004 03:58 AM

just bought mine; 19"s in gunmetal with bridgestone s03's. thanks to the thread starter for the link! Should be here in under two months; i'll post pics when they're on. :icon4: :icon04: :D
Holy S^$#! You just busted out the credit card without knowing if they're forged or not! You my friend are a compulsive spender. Just my type of guy! :p

Anyhow, looking forward to seeing how they look on your car. They're absolutely handsome looking wheels.

Good luck with the shipment/ fitment/ mounting etc.

zeroday 01-24-2004 05:49 AM

Originally posted by 35oZephyR
Holy S^$#! You just busted out the credit card without knowing if they're forged or not! You my friend are a compulsive spender. Just my type of guy! :p

Anyhow, looking forward to seeing how they look on your car. They're absolutely handsome looking wheels.

Good luck with the shipment/ fitment/ mounting etc.

well he originally told me they were forged when i busted out the plastic...but yeah i am a bit compulsive/impulsive when it comes to buying things for my car. I'd prefer forged, but axis has a good reputation so I expect it should be a fairly strong cast wheel...it is very light which was one of my requirements, and the price is right.

Mike's still not sure about offsets; just got this email from him. He did assure me they wouldn't use spacers and the fit would be great because of the offset options available:

We are not exactly sure yet because the wheels are not in the USA yet, so once they are here we will do some test fitments on a bunch of cars to make sure we get the perfect fitment for your car. But in the front it will most likely be a +15, and maybe a +20 or +30 in the rear. We will get it right the first time, nothing to worry about :)

Reggi914 01-24-2004 06:01 AM

Those are nice!

ZZtopp 01-24-2004 09:03 AM

Just spoke with Mike at Northeast Auto Design. There is no 10.5" wheel, but he says the 9.5" wheels will have a 3" lip and that they will fit over the Brembos. 8.5", +15 for the front, 9.5" +20 for the rear. It also appears that the TPS will work, since the wheel is such a similar design as the Volk LE37.

rodH 01-24-2004 10:59 AM

Originally posted by ZZtopp
Just spoke with Mike at Northeast Auto Design. There is no 10.5" wheel, but he says the 9.5" wheels will have a 3" lip and that they will fit over the Brembos. 8.5", +15 for the front, 9.5" +20 for the rear. It also appears that the TPS will work, since the wheel is such a similar design as the Volk LE37.
ZZ, are you really thinking about another set of new wheels??

ZZtopp 01-24-2004 11:21 AM

Ha ha....no. My brother just bought a Z and I was checking things out for him. He's not up to speed on this car at all yet. However, he does have a 1967 Corvette L-88 (one of only 20 made) with only 12,000 miles on it. He keeps it in storage, and I figure if I'm nice to him , he might actually let me drive it someday.

I do like five spoke wheels, though, and if I didn't already have a set of Volks, I'd go for these in a heartbeat.

ad350 01-24-2004 12:16 PM

I have a CS Z? Would the gunmetal or the silver look better on it? I am kind of leaning towards the gunmetal........making it more aggressive. But what do you think?

ZZtopp 01-24-2004 12:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by ad350
I have a CS Z? Would the gunmetal or the silver look better on it? I am kind of leaning towards the gunmetal........making it more aggressive. But what do you think?
I love gunmetal......