MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Wheels & Tires (https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires-60/)
-   -   New Axis Hiro Wheels (https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires/57669-new-axis-hiro-wheels.html)

zcar03 03-24-2004 01:01 PM

I may do that. I dont think they are all spoken for because I was on the phone today with the guy. Im waiting for my buddy to get me a price. He works at NTB and may be able to get them for me at wholesale.

zeroday 03-24-2004 01:18 PM

Originally posted by zcar03
I may do that. I dont think they are all spoken for because I was on the phone today with the guy. Im waiting for my buddy to get me a price. He works at NTB and may be able to get them for me at wholesale.
hopefully that's true. then again they might just be trying to get your deposit and then make up some BS story later about how you're gonna have to wait. if i have one thing to tell you about those guys at NEAD it's don't believe a WORD they say. especially mike. i've gotten SO much misinformation from him it's rediculous. i almost pulled my order based on principle. i didn't know ntb carried axis?

zcar03 03-24-2004 05:13 PM

it's don't believe a WORD they say. especially mike

HAHA It was Mike that I talked to!

NEADmike 03-26-2004 01:58 PM

Hi everyone! Figured I'd drop in and update everyone on the Hiro's. To make a long story short, Axis had a batch ready over a month ago but due to quality control, they did not ship and they had to make a new shipment from scratch. I have been lead on by Axis myself, but it is not their fault either, it is the people who make the wheels for them. The company that makes the wheels tell Axis a story, Axis tells us a story, and we tell customers the same thing that Axis tells us. I am telling our customers nothing but the truth and it's a shame if any of you don't believe me, but we are a very reputable company and have been around for well over 5 years. If you have any further questions, please feel free to call me at the 800 number below or if you would rather talk to Axis directly to know that I am not pulling your leg, their phone number is 562-906-9898, the sales rep we speak to is Dick, but you can probably speak to anyone. Hopefully this will clear everything up. I would just rather people come to me or call me about their problems so we can take care of them because if the customers aren't happy, neither are we.

Best regards,

zeroday 03-26-2004 08:14 PM

i apologize if my perception of you and your company is incorrect.

i found out my wheels weren't going to be here this week by calling axis directly. i should have heard this from you guys. 2 weeks ago you told me they would be here last week, then last week you told me it would be this week....now i have no idea when i should be expecting them. i also found out the correct offsets for these rims by calling axis...they were different than what you had mentioned. you guys also haven't called to update me through any of these delays....i can also remember you telling me these rims were forged..then you later told me they aren't....i would hope you can understand why i am frustrated.

i would like to know what the new ETA is for these rims, and if you are willing to provide refunds on the deposits if customers are not willing to wait any longer.

zcar03 03-26-2004 10:28 PM

Thank God that the rims havent come in. I just got some 5zigen hyper 5ZRs for 2500 including shipping with bridgestone potenzas mounted on them. Im pumped! If the Hiros were in I would have bought them.

zeroday 03-27-2004 03:29 AM

Originally posted by zcar03
Thank God that the rims havent come in. I just got some 5zigen hyper 5ZRs for 2500 including shipping with bridgestone potenzas mounted on them. Im pumped! If the Hiros were in I would have bought them.
hmmm not a fan of those rims unless theyre 20's like ACP's but "a bird in hand..."

Strife350z 03-28-2004 08:05 AM

so, what's the real ETA on these rims? :)

350zguy 03-28-2004 12:39 PM

hey zcar03, where did you get the 5zigen hyper 5zr's at? and what size did you get? 18's, 19's??

rodH 03-28-2004 01:41 PM

Originally posted by 350zguy
hey zcar03, where did you get the 5zigen hyper 5zr's at? and what size did you get? 18's, 19's??
I think they ONLY come in 19" and 20", the 19" are NOT chrome and does NOT have the parameter bolts, while the 20" are chrome and does have bolts, I like the style of the 19" better, but have yet to see a good pict of them on a Z.

Losing Grip 03-28-2004 04:59 PM

mine come in two weeks. ordered a set of 19's Gunmetal 19/8.5 front 19/9.5 rear Shipped for 2400.00 w/ tires.

john

zcar03 03-28-2004 05:33 PM

I scored them from some guy on ebay. They are 19s with a chrome lip offset +18 rear and +20 front. They cost over 800 a wheel and he has some bridgstone potenzas on them. Im getting them for 2550 shipped. This guy has money and owns his own business. He writes everything off. Im using my charge for protection just incase. Ill post pics when I get them.

bwzabodyn 03-29-2004 07:32 AM

So, has anyone determined what the correct offsets for the Hiro's are? I'm ready to see a damn pair on a Z or G already!

zeroday 03-30-2004 06:01 AM

Originally posted by zeroday
i apologize if my perception of you and your company is incorrect.

i found out my wheels weren't going to be here this week by calling axis directly. i should have heard this from you guys. 2 weeks ago you told me they would be here last week, then last week you told me it would be this week....now i have no idea when i should be expecting them. i also found out the correct offsets for these rims by calling axis...they were different than what you had mentioned. you guys also haven't called to update me through any of these delays....i can also remember you telling me these rims were forged..then you later told me they aren't....i would hope you can understand why i am frustrated.

i would like to know what the new ETA is for these rims, and if you are willing to provide refunds on the deposits if customers are not willing to wait any longer.

still no reply from NEAD?

zeroday 03-30-2004 06:59 AM

OK I called NEAD this morning and spoke with MIke (i think it was Mike). It sounds like they are as frustrated with the situation as we are and I feel more comfortable now that the problem is not with NEAD but with Axis. The latest word from Axis is the 19" hiros will be arriving on or before April 15th. It sounds like if they don't come in by that date, it won't be a problem if you want a refund from NEAD.

If the delays are based on quality as Axis proports, i'm ok with that. I'd rather have better rims later than not so good rims now I guess. This is frustrating though as I really wanted these rims by the beginning of spring. I've got meets to go to, etc and rolling around on stock rims is starting to piss me off :) .

NISMO_GUY2003 03-30-2004 06:35 PM

Originally posted by Losing Grip
mine come in two weeks. ordered a set of 19's Gunmetal 19/8.5 front 19/9.5 rear Shipped for 2400.00 w/ tires.

john

What kind of tires are you getting with that?

nuttyprof 04-02-2004 09:28 AM

hey guys, i talked to a seller of rims on ebay. he says he can get these 1200 shipped.
anyways, do you guys think there will be problems with denting or bending of the 19's or even the 18s with this rim? in LA, there are some fuct up roads. some nice ones too, but some real fuct up ones. like chinatown or downtown LA. omg.

zeroday 04-02-2004 11:09 AM

Originally posted by nuttyprof
hey guys, i talked to a seller of rims on ebay. he says he can get these 1200 shipped.
anyways, do you guys think there will be problems with denting or bending of the 19's or even the 18s with this rim? in LA, there are some fuct up roads. some nice ones too, but some real fuct up ones. like chinatown or downtown LA. omg.

who's the seller on ebay? 1200 shipped for 19's is a great deal if it's legit. btw if he's saying he can get them now, he's lying...they aren't in the country yet. i hear these are very strong cast wheels, but even forged rims can bend if you hit a pothole.

nuttyprof 04-02-2004 11:37 AM

do you think there is a high possiblity of these bending compared to other rims though? i will find the sellers name. personally, i am getting mine direct from Axis for super cheap =). got someone on the inside muahahaa.

ranger5oh 04-02-2004 11:46 AM

I ordered Milanos about 2 months ago, and same SH!T , these F'ers at NEAD keep f'ing around. I was told I would have them 5 weeks ago. If he tells me two weeks, I am getting a refund. I didnt just put a deposit down, they have been holding my $2400 for almost 2 months!