MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Wheels & Tires (https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires-60/)
-   -   New Axis Hiro Wheels (https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires/57669-new-axis-hiro-wheels.html)

rodH 01-24-2004 01:10 PM

Originally posted by ad350
I have a CS Z? Would the gunmetal or the silver look better on it? I am kind of leaning towards the gunmetal........making it more aggressive. But what do you think?
gunmetal looks meaner in some ways, but it is all a matter of personal taste, I like a brighter/brilliant silver colored wheel, and I LOVE the brushed finish on HRE and iForged (very expensive to do, because they actually polish the wheels 1st then brush them). But I do look at certain Gunmetal wheels and like how they look, look how good ZZ's Z looks, very nice.

rodH 01-24-2004 01:11 PM

ZZ, I just noticed you drive your car about as many miles as I do, sure is nice not to have to put 100 miles on it everyday

ZZtopp 01-24-2004 01:19 PM

Originally posted by rodH
ZZ, I just noticed you drive your car about as many miles as I do, sure is nice not to have to put 100 miles on it everyday
It's not car I can use for work (film and video production...not much equipment will fit in the Z), so it's not my daily driver. When I do drive it, it's always a treat because I never use it enough to get bored with it.....and after a year and half, it's still in mint condition.

ZISBAK 01-24-2004 03:33 PM

Originally posted by ZZtopp
Just spoke with Mike at Northeast Auto Design. There is no 10.5" wheel, but he says the 9.5" wheels will have a 3" lip and that they will fit over the Brembos. 8.5", +15 for the front, 9.5" +20 for the rear. It also appears that the TPS will work, since the wheel is such a similar design as the Volk LE37.
I got the info about 10.5 from someone directly from Axiswheels, they just had a recent meeting not long ago. :)

ad350 01-24-2004 04:40 PM

gunmetal looks meaner in some ways, but it is all a matter of personal taste, I like a brighter/brilliant silver colored wheel, and I LOVE the brushed finish on HRE and iForged (very expensive to do, because they actually polish the wheels 1st then brush them). But I do look at certain Gunmetal wheels and like how they look, look how good ZZ's Z looks, very nice.
Sure is a hard choice. The Brushed aluminum really looks sweet on your car. I'm not sure if the silver hiro will be as bright as yours. However, ZZ's Z looks really good with the gunmetal. Thanks

rodH 03-09-2004 07:56 AM

anyone have these wheels yet????

zeroday 03-09-2004 12:02 PM

anyone have these wheels yet????
northeast auto design said mine should be here in a week or so. if that's like anything else they've told me, i don't put much faith in that estimate... :( anyway i'll post pics if they ever show up.

zcar03 03-09-2004 02:15 PM

Let's see if we can get a group buy going. I would definately be interested. I plan on getting new wheels in the next 2 weeks. Price is very resonable!

my6speedcoupe 03-11-2004 01:15 AM

sup zeroday? guess who =)

group buy would be nice but i doubt that would happen because the wheels are currently all pre ordered...

zeroday 03-13-2004 08:45 PM

Originally posted by my6speedcoupe
sup zeroday? guess who =)

group buy would be nice but i doubt that would happen because the wheels are currently all pre ordered...

who? :confused:

my6speedcoupe 03-14-2004 12:43 PM

Originally posted by zeroday
who? :confused:

zeroday 03-14-2004 05:10 PM

Originally posted by my6speedcoupe

aaah...hey man :) ...i shoulda figured since you have a black g35c...any word on when these wheels are coming in? n.e.a.d is telling me next week..but i really don't believe much of what they tell me.

my6speedcoupe 03-14-2004 09:12 PM

they should be here by end of next week.. or early next next week... so u should be recieving them by end of this month or early April.

SAllen0400 03-23-2004 11:42 AM

Any more info on these wheels.....Like when they will be available?

zeroday 03-23-2004 12:05 PM

Originally posted by SAllen0400
Any more info on these wheels.....Like when they will be available?
I just spoke with someone at Axis. They said they have been delayed, and the first shipment won't be arriving for 3 to 4 weeks. They have been delayed several times before so i'm keeping my fingers crossed. The wait is frustrating. I was however able to find out the offsets for the 19's though and they look just right for the Z:

22 for the 9.5
15 for the 8.5

havabooz 03-23-2004 12:16 PM

wow..that sucks...youve been waiting for some time havnt you...i know how it feels..cant wait to see these on a car...i might switch to them some day...

rodH 03-23-2004 12:45 PM

are you sure that front offset will work with the Z?? The +22 on the 8.5" volks are already pretty dang close

my6speedcoupe 03-23-2004 01:20 PM

are you sure that front offset will work with the Z?? The +22 on the 8.5" volks are already pretty dang close

Axis should be receiving them witin the first 10 days of April and yes it has been delayed because of over sea custom inspection.

as for Rear 10.5. yes they WILL BE 10.5 but they will be not here any time soon, 3 or 4 month later for the earliest 10.5.

zcar03 03-24-2004 11:22 AM

Ya I spoke to someone at northeast auto today. I dont think they really know when those wheels are gonna be in. They said a week to a week and a half. I may just wait until they come in instead of putting down a deposit. Is the deposit refundable? I may find another set of rims before these arrive.

zeroday 03-24-2004 12:51 PM

Originally posted by zcar03
Ya I spoke to someone at northeast auto today. I dont think they really know when those wheels are gonna be in. They said a week to a week and a half. I may just wait until they come in instead of putting down a deposit. Is the deposit refundable? I may find another set of rims before these arrive.
unless you already pre-ordered, i heard the first shipment is already spoken for....unless they had someone back out or something. i think the deposit is only refundable if there is a problem...i would guess the wheels being extremely late would be considered a problem...anyway just use your credit card and you can always dispute the charges if they give you a hassle.