Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Fierce Instinct ZR Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 10:52 AM
cgkp0925

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fierce Instinct ZR Review

For anyone looking for a decently priced/performance minded tire, the Fierce Instinct ZR is an excellent choice in my opinion. I upgraded from my OEM 17" wheels to 18" G35 coupe wheels so I had no choice but to get different tires. The OEM Bridgestone Potenzas were awful to drive on daily, which was the same response from most members on here as well. I was looking for an UHP all-season, asymmetric tire mostly for better treadwear and comfort, but also for better handling/grip in colder temperatures since late April and early October days see low-mid 40's up here. Plus I wanted to be able to rotate the tires side to side without having to dismount them and create more opportunities for dings/scrapes when being remounted.

I've driven about 1,000 miles (2 months) so far on these and have zero complaints. They look great (love the built in rim protector) and come with a 30,000 mile warranty. They definitely handle pretty well in the rain with no signs of slippage at all. The Z is my DD during the good weather and garaged during Winter. I don't track her so the ultimate performance tire was not on my radar. I just needed something that would last me a decent amount of time with decent street grip.

I did have the Goodyear Eagle GT (pretty much the same thing), Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric, Hankook Ventus Noble S2, Toyo Proxes 4Plus and Cooper Zeon RS3-A in mind as well when I was shopping. I read plenty of reviews on each, but it came down to the price. I received the best price from my local shop with the Fierce tires. I hope this helps anyone else looking for an UHP all-season tire. Please feel free to ask any questions. Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Fierce Instinct ZR Review-img_1051.jpg   Fierce Instinct ZR Review-img_1052.jpg   Fierce Instinct ZR Review-img_1056.jpg   Fierce Instinct ZR Review-img_1055.jpg  
Old 06-29-2013, 03:19 PM
dmsec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How does turn in feel compared to the potenza's? Does it feel like there is a slight pause where the sidewell sets before the car starts turning in?

How do transitions feel?
Old 06-29-2013, 06:47 PM
cgkp0925

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dmsec
How does turn in feel compared to the potenza's? Does it feel like there is a slight pause where the sidewell sets before the car starts turning in?

How do transitions feel?
I feel the tires are very responsive for daily driving, but for the track I wouldn't know. The sidewalls may be a tad softer than the Potenzas but nothing drastic. I've taken turns/ramps hard a couple of times and they definitely hold their ground. I have a couple of favorite spots where I open her up and there's no hesitation of the tires gripping right away.

To say the least, I myself am very happy with these.