Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

5x114.3 to 5x112 wheel adapter HELPPP

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Melloyellow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5x114.3 to 5x112 wheel adapter HELPPP

hey guys I need some serious help with this issue here as I am somewhat of a noob to wheels spacers and specs. I am trying to run my friends 5x112 wheels on my 350z and would like to use adapters to lower the offset as well as make the wheels able to fit. I am confused as to how many sets of lugs I need because some say open ended lugs are needed as well as additional lugs. Als do I need to match the hub diameter etc.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:50 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,309 Likes on 1,663 Posts

Please post all the specs , front and rear wheel size, width and offset , then tire size.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:00 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Please post all the specs , front and rear wheel size, width and offset , then tire size.

No way to even ensure that you can run the wheel on our cars without that info

Plenty of people have run adaptors on our platform but the wheels were rare and worth the effort
Old 08-23-2013, 11:11 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Melloyellow
I am confused as to how many sets of lugs I need because some say open ended lugs are needed as well as additional lugs. Als do I need to match the hub diameter etc.
More info would be nice but I can answer the above quoted:
-You'll need 20 lug nuts to hold the adapters in place then another 20 lug nuts to hold your wheel in place.
-Matching the hub diameter is always recommended/preferred. Use of hubcentric rings may be necessary.

If you can provide more info as the guys above asked, then they should be able to help you out with the exact fitment. My reply above only answers your question in a general sense.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:46 AM
shadow191

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of the adapters I've seen work like bolt on spacers. So they'll come with very low profile nuts that bolt the adapter to the stock lugs. Then you just use regular lugnuts on the new bolts. Depending on the wheel design, you may or may not be able to use adapters. If pad on the wheel won't accomodate the stock lugs, then it won't work. Keep in mind that the stock lugs stick out past the adapter, so the wheel still has to clear.

If the adapter won't work, you could redrill. 5x114.3 to 112 is a very small difference. Or, and probably the least appealing option, you can run wobble bolts. But all of this is only if the wheel is worth it and one that you can't go find in the right bolt pattern.