Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Splined or heptagon or regular lug nuts plus lock for better security?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 10:15 AM
mg350ZR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Splined or heptagon or regular lug nuts plus lock for better security?

Got 19" LMGT4 wheels for my Daytona Blue Roadster. Currently have the Nissan/Nismo black 17mm regular lug nuts that came with the wheels.

I'm looking for closed end, not extended (around 35mm or so) lug nuts/wheel locks in Blue color to secure the wheels. I know that any wheel locks can be removed forcibly if someone really wants to steal the wheels (and lock removal tools are readily available everywhere). There's not alot that can be done to prevent that. That said, which design would be somewhat better at slowing down the would-be thief (and possibly taking away the opportunity)?

I'm considering the splined lug nut design (like McGard makes), heptagon (seven sided), or a combination of regular hex lug nuts with some kind of wheel lock (Like Muteki SR35 16 lug nuts plus 4 locks set).
Another option... I could just get a set of blue lug nuts and add wheel locks like McGard (but I have not been able to find these in Blue color).

Any opinions/experience/feedback is appreciated.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Splined or heptagon or regular lug nuts plus lock for better security?-mcgard_spline.jpg   Splined or heptagon or regular lug nuts plus lock for better security?-heptagon.jpg   Splined or heptagon or regular lug nuts plus lock for better security?-muteki_sr35.gif  
Old 09-26-2013, 04:50 PM
POS VETT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doesn't matter. Pick one you like.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:47 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,296 Likes on 1,020 Posts

yeah, a good and/or determined thief will get your wheels no matter what you put on there…to reduce the chance of someone stealing your wheels - park in well lit or garaged areas and don't leave your car in susceptible positions...

Last edited by bealljk; 09-26-2013 at 05:49 PM.