Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Car has wrong tires.. what should I expect?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 09:23 PM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

I'm not reading every post, but I'm with 2004Black350Z: I hope this is the last stupid thread you make.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:40 PM
GreyZ

Received 174 Likes on 130 Posts

I wouldn't even think about paying 12k for that car, thats only a tiny bit more than what i payed for my 2007 with the same number of miles without those terrible lights. Its also a Auto... but to each their own i guess. But even though it has been answered, your really fine with those tires until they wear out. I wouldn't bother trying to swap around.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:46 PM
mileskb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CJM
Suggestion for taillights: 2006+ OEM tails are everyone's favorite
Seriously? Those red things are popular? I can honestly say I didn't do much detailed research but the "chrome crap" that mine are referred to I thought were stock because they actually match the car.. I'm not into looks that much.. but an all silver car with two big red eyes on the back just doesn't look right to me.

Each to his own I guess

Last edited by mileskb; 02-22-2014 at 09:54 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:51 PM
GreyZ

Originally Posted by mileskb
but an all silver car with two big red eyes on the back just doesn't look right to me.
Every stock car in America has red tailights... You know, Because LAW. Any tailight that is not red from the rear is illegal and aftermarket.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:53 PM
mileskb

Originally Posted by GreyZ
I wouldn't even think about paying 12k for that car, thats only a tiny bit more than what i payed for my 2007 with the same number of miles without those terrible lights. Its also a Auto... but to each their own i guess. But even though it has been answered, your really fine with those tires until they wear out. I wouldn't bother trying to swap around.
That's what it was listed for... not what I paid. Who pays what's listed?? However, because I'm in the PNW, I get to add 3-6K to any auto price it seems anyway. But, I got lucky in this case as I said. I got a great deal on my trade and dropped my monthly payment quite a bit. I'm happy.

As for the taillight thing.. maybe it's an age thing.. but those red things look fugly to me. Next you're gonne tell me to use one of the clear plastic bras (or scotch tape as I call them) instead of the real CarBra I'm ordering

Old 02-22-2014, 10:04 PM
mileskb

Every stock car in America has red tailights... You know, Because LAW. Any tailight that is not red from the rear is illegal and aftermarket.
Point taken... I guess it passed inspection because of the small red ones in the lamps.. I guess I better check into it. Thanks for the reminder about the legal part of it.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:09 PM
SR71
Lead Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 305 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by mileskb
Next you're gonne tell me to use one of the clear plastic bras (or scotch tape as I call them) instead of the real CarBra I'm ordering

Those old bra's are terrible for paint, they do more damage than good, hell you'd be better off not running anything than putting one of those on.

Maybe you should educate yourself a little more on the "Scotch tape"

Old 02-22-2014, 10:18 PM
GreyZ

Not the CarBra.... Noooooo
Its a 2003. It is a 11 year old car. Not to be a di ck but its got 86k miles and 11 years of rock chips, I honestly wouldn't spend the money on a CarBra or a clear bra. Although the clear bra stuff is golden. That stuff really is great stuff for *new paint. Just drive it and use the money for front lca bushings or something of the like that I am sure are on their way out by now.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:02 PM
mileskb

Not the CarBra.... Noooooo
Its a 2003. It is a 11 year old car. Not to be a di ck but its got 86k miles and 11 years of rock chips, I honestly wouldn't spend the money on a CarBra or a clear bra. Although the clear bra stuff is golden. That stuff really is great stuff for *new paint. Just drive it and use the money for front lca bushings or something of the like that I am sure are on their way out by now.
Point taken, but the couple of dings it has are minor, and rather un-noticeable.

As far as "old car bra's" the ones you get in Autozone or whereever are crap. I have used Colgan Custom's on just about every car I have owned. They have protected the cars and I think they look cool too... but I'm an old fart.. what can I say. However... to be fair.. I'll check into the clear stuff.

For some reason I-5 North of Mount Vernon is the worst for car and windshield dings. The autoglass places around here make a killing all year round. I gotta put something on there.