Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

custom wheel barrels

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 07:27 PM
venture210

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts
Default custom wheel barrels

Went back enough pages here, couldn't find a thread that answers my question.

Where on earth would someone find quality custom wheel barrels???

I've read up on memoryfab and understand that its a good places to pick up good condition and hard to find wheels but NOT the place to do custom barrel work with. BBS USA simply won't do it being that "their wheels come to them already assembled," and they'll have warranty issues should they actually produce custom barrels. CCW also isn't willing to fabricate such barrels for untold but understood reasons (warranty, liability).

I've been running bbs lm's for half a year now. 18x8 +30ish 18x9+35 and would love to lower the offset with a good set of barrels being that they sit so far inside the wheel well. Even reworking the current barrels would be perfect if possible. I can't seem to find an honest quality company willing to do either.

Maybe I just haven't been looking hard enough or I've overlooked exactly what I'm trying to find but can someone here help me out or point me in the right direction? Thanks

-Ben
Old 03-26-2014, 08:05 PM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a couple sources i have found-

lbforged.com (then can also custom cut centers or monoblock forged wheels too)

http://www.amcrimhalves.com/Rim-Halves/

both sources i believe only do the 40 hole barrels but not sure.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:03 PM
Daytondakid13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a person who I can get barrels from... I think they run about 200-300 for polished but I maybe wrong and all depends on if you want step lipped on flat as well.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:15 PM
venture210

Ah thank you sir, with that those few names to get me started I found this

http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/5...heel-companies

I'm kinda new to doing custom work on wheels though. See any company's I should stay away from of the top of your head or perhaps any you can vouch for? It might take me a while to research each one individually to filter out the goods and bads, and track down the right one to trust to get the job done right the first time around. Anything helps, thanks again for your initial input

Last edited by venture210; 03-26-2014 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:47 PM
venture210

Originally Posted by Daytondakid13
I have a person who I can get barrels from... I think they run about 200-300 for polished but I maybe wrong and all depends on if you want step lipped on flat as well.
And who might this be, I'm trying to do a custom 3 piece with step lips using the original lm faces. Result of 18x8.5 +20 front and 18x9.5 +15 rear