Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Protective Sockets for Rays Lug Nuts.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 01:46 PM
trixal

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Protective Sockets for Rays Lug Nuts.

Hello, I have a set of anodized rays lug nuts and I am curious if anyone has had any luck with any of the plastic or protective lug nut sets. I have been using a plastic bag slipped inside my socket to help prevent gash marks but it still leaves some marks. I currently have a 1/2 drive torq wrench and they are 3/4, thanks in advance if anyone has any info.
Old 05-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Get Your Wheels
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

In the past I was looking for sockets with some kind of lining on the inside. The protective lugs all have the rubber on the outside to protect the wheel as far as I've seen.
I havnt seen one with the protective lining on the inside.

You can try spraying the inside of the socket with plastidip, that may work.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:02 PM
Jennifer 2

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Some years ago Porsche cars use aluminum lug nuts. In keeping with the obsessiveness of Porsche owners, special so-called ‘soft sockets’ were developed. These had aluminum inserts to keep the socket tight, centered and cushioned to prevent it from marring the delicate nuts. Nowadays discerning Porsche people use rhodium plated titanium wheel bolts. To keep these fine-jeweled fasteners unsullied, many newer versions of the classic ‘soft sockets’ have been developed. The vendors over on the Porsche forums advertise them.
The following users liked this post:
trixal (10-10-2016)