Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

STR Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 05:45 AM
xmartyx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STR Wheels

Anyone have or know anyone using STR Wheels? I know they're knockoffs and all that but I don't want to spend $3000+ on wheels. Mainly looking at the quality of the finish and if they'll hold up. Was planning to get the Varrstoen ES2's but then saw the STR 514's.
I've searched around on this site but can't find anything on them. Found other car owners talking about them but I'd like to see some on Z's or G's.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:13 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

Why not just scout the classifieds forums for a used set of enkei, wedsport, or work wheels or something? You can get a set of quality wheels for under $2000 easily. I sold my AME wheels for $1600 with tires on them. The deals are out there and it's worth it. Personally I don't understand how someone could be fine with putting wheels that were made in a third word country on their car.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:19 AM
xmartyx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phenom
Why not just scout the classifieds forums for a used set of enkei, wedsport, or work wheels or something? You can get a set of quality wheels for under $2000 easily. I sold my AME wheels for $1600 with tires on them. The deals are out there and it's worth it. Personally I don't understand how someone could be fine with putting wheels that were made in a third word country on their car.
That's why I'm wondering the quality. I can get a new setup for $1700. Everything in the marketplace right now are either 19's (don't want) or curbed (reason I'm getting new ones). The tires I have right now are shot. I don't have time to wait for the right deal.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:38 AM
dvo

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If you have to second guess it, why risk putting them on your car? wheels and tires and pretty much the bridge between the car and the road so don't skimp out on this. How much is your life worth to you?

As mentioned, look through the classified for quality used wheels.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:14 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Isn't that the company that the more established replica companies are complaining about? lol
Old 05-24-2014, 04:35 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by xmartyx
Anyone have or know anyone using STR Wheels? I know they're knockoffs and all that but I don't want to spend $3000+ on wheels. Mainly looking at the quality of the finish and if they'll hold up. Was planning to get the Varrstoen ES2's but then saw the STR 514's.
I've searched around on this site but can't find anything on them. Found other car owners talking about them but I'd like to see some on Z's or G's.
Normally a sign that the wheels are probably garbage which these are

As others have suggested go used from the marketplace or look at Enkei's