Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Looking to purchase tires today..What to get?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 10:29 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,226 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by travlee
i do too.... it just has a 06 after it.

if he only knew xxr's are crap and bust apart. seen a z32 (do you know what that is jokah) that smacked a curb, his wheel feel apart and it caused him to flip down an on ramp
Poor thing. I feel your pitiful 505 pony Z.
; )
Old 07-26-2015, 11:34 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,125 Likes on 6,578 Posts

for now, should be about that wheel hp in january
Old 07-26-2015, 12:10 PM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by travlee
for now, should be about that wheel hp in january
Saw that, br0.
Keep me posted, sir!
Old 07-26-2015, 10:39 PM
Jokah

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am.all.the J0K3Rs. I know cars in general. Being a 'z expert' means nothing.. and every enthusiast should know how to get the right size tire. And I BELIEVE a Z is dangerous when driven 'spiritedly' on a 160$ tire. God damn car noobs.
Btw my info IS helpful.
Ive hit cubs in stock.z wheels and bashed many other wheels. They ALL break, genius's. Dont expect a 4k set of work wheelz to.save you from.driving like a moron. XXRs come in the right sizes and look.better than 15yo volks. And they wont 'break' if you dont crash. Period.

Last edited by Jokah; 07-26-2015 at 10:59 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:02 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,284 Likes on 2,336 Posts

Originally Posted by Jokah

I am.all.the J0K3Rs. I know cars in general. Being a 'z expert' means nothing.. and every enthusiast should know how to get the right size tire. And I BELIEVE a Z is dangerous when driven 'spiritedly' on a 160$ tire. God damn car noobs.
Btw my info IS helpful.
Ive hit cubs in stock.z wheels and bashed many other wheels. They ALL break, genius's. Dont expect a 4k set of work wheelz to.save you from.driving like a moron. XXRs come in the right sizes and look.better than 15yo volks. And they wont 'break' if you dont crash. Period.

WARNING: LONG WINDED (what I hope to be) FLAME WAR ENDER.
(Read at your own risk)

Really? Another person who thinks they know me. You don't know me.

Let me clarify something here. I made one of the suggestions for a $160 street tire (Hell, don't even think it costs that!). I drive/drove on them as well as driving on my $300/unit DOT-approved race tires. I drive on either set accordingly and do not make recommendations to others unless I actually have time on them and know how capable they are or aren't. I can tell you what the tires are doing at 30 or 130 and know how to read a pyrometer to adjust camber or wing angles.

Further, I am a Bondurant and 2x SCCA school trained ex-Formula Ford and Prod car competitor, I worked for Nissan managing distribution of Datsun Competition (now evolved to Nissan Motorsports/NISMO) parts some THIRTY years ago. I have owned and successfully built 25+ street driven and competition cars for drag, autocross, and road racing. The takeaway from that is that I have experience that I like to share with others on parts, tires, driving, whatever is beneficial for the forum membership - be they salty old pros or newcomers, alike.

Point is, I got pedigree. But I don't advertise that fact. Never done so (until now) because I don't have a need to prove anything to anyone. (Unfortunately, the low signal:noise ratio of this drew me out and I don't care much for it. Feh.)

You, on the other hand, come in to the forum this month like a troll and tell everyone how f'd up they are and admitting to how many wheels you've curbed, bashed, and broken. Think about that for a moment. If you can't understand what I'm telling you about that admission, well, read no further because the rest assuredly will mean nothing to you.

BUT.... I still learn from people here. On any topic or subject matter. Regardless of their tenure or newness here. Whether they are 17 or 70. (Do you know who Max Verstappen is? I would LOVE to take a driving lesson from that 17 year old!!) It's called an "open mind".

Sure, everyone that drives their Z (or any other car) the way they are meant to be driven can and often will put a wheel off course and break something. But to use that point as a reinforcement of your choice of wheel.... umm, not so much.

But I have to say that of all the idiosyncratic comments you made - in this thread alone - the one condemning people being "God damn car noobs." (where you can't even get the italicization correct) is the one that irks me the most.

What, do you think you were born Carroll Shelby? My uncle Confusion (Confucious' younger brother) has a saying (one of many) you might care to consider: "Take pride in your ACCOMPLISHMENTS, as high as you have reached on the ladder of success, but NEVER forget that you were once on the ground about to take that first rung...reluctantly." (And please note the proper italicization of that phrase.)

So, while you claim to have knowledge of cars in general (jack of all trades, master of none), let's make it clear that no one on this thread claims to be a "Z expert". Some genuinely are, most not. That's why we're all here talking. (Not here just to hear ourselves talk.)

And I'll say, you're right. Enthusiasts SHOULD know how to properly size a tire to a car. But not everyone does. Yet.

The real bottom line is that the entire point of this forum (and all forums) is to discuss our cars intelligently, to learn from others by searching and asking, to share useful info. Likening this to a classroom, well, there are going to be the smart, experienced kids, the ones in the middle and a few who are just starting out and are there to learn.

Then there are the ones who are on the fringe. You know the ones... Probably smart but have too much attitude to take part constructively, cooperatively, and without a willingness to add to the conversation thusly. Those are called the "all about thems." My wife, the educator, has a word for those displaying such tendencies. "Problematic".

Your contributions thus far have shown everyone where in this construct you fall.

So, sir/madam, I would strongly suggest that you take a look at your postings -with an empathetic vantage point on how you come across - and then and only then, if you think you have something constructive to contribute, by all means, go for it. But if all you are going to do is belittle others with bad 'tude, self righteousness, and a transparent know-it-all belief in yourself, well, hope you got your Nomex on.

Mic

PS BTW, your ink impresses no one. It's just self profession of insecurity taken to a new high. Not saying it isn't nice, just has no cred in the context of this thread.
The following 3 users liked this post by MicVelo:
jhc (07-27-2015), PP08HR (07-27-2015), StevSam (07-28-2015)
Old 07-27-2015, 04:10 AM
travlee
Master

things just got real.

Last edited by travlee; 07-27-2015 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:16 AM
NOLAGG

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Btw my info IS helpful.
I can't believe you actually posted a picture of your hairless little girl body with the stupidest mistake of a tattoo on here. I literally "LOLed" at that and said to myself,"is this kid setting himself up trying to get flamed for a flame tattoo response lmfaooooo.!!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by NOLAGG:
jhc (07-27-2015), StevSam (07-28-2015)
Old 07-27-2015, 06:25 AM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Btw my info IS helpful.
First off, mic just murdered you. You might as well leave an never come back.

Secondly, volks dont break, they bend. Theres a difference, and if you dont understand that, you have NO room to call anyone a "noob"

Thirdly, my tires works fine, and theyre 160 bucks... and im also turboed... and im also driving it like i stole it...and yet its still doing great.

Fourthly, last i recall, majority of pro race team uses volks, bbs, ssr wheels, not cheap xxr crap, i wonder why...

Fifthly, a 15 year old volks is STILL better than your shitty xxr crappy wheels.

6thly, sizing tires isnt rocket science, i can fit 285s on 9 in wide wheels or i can fit it on 13 inch wide wheels.

7th, youre clueless, people here have been building and racing car before you were born.

8th, YOUR 27, you dont even know what you dont know yet....

9th, show some respect for the elder members how have help build this forum to the greatness that it is.

10, you are so clueless about tires that all you have to say is, "$160 tires are crap."

Last edited by turboed350z; 07-27-2015 at 05:12 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by turboed350z:
Old 07-27-2015, 06:46 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Well said, Mic.
Nvr seen you p1ssed off, but I'd say it is waranted. Hopefully the little d bag will learn some manners and etiquette. Mb come back when he/she is ready to be polite.

Originally Posted by MicVelo

WARNING: LONG WINDED (what I hope to be) FLAME WAR ENDER.
(Read at your own risk)

Really? Another person who thinks they know me. You don't know me.

Let me clarify something here. I made one of the suggestions for a $160 street tire (Hell, don't even think it costs that!). I drive/drove on them as well as driving on my $300/unit DOT-approved race tires. I drive on either set accordingly and do not make recommendations to others unless I actually have time on them and know how capable they are or aren't. I can tell you what the tires are doing at 30 or 130 and know how to read a pyrometer to adjust camber or wing angles.

Further, I am a Bondurant and 2x SCCA school trained ex-Formula Ford and Prod car competitor, I worked for Nissan managing distribution of Datsun Competition (now evolved to Nissan Motorsports/NISMO) parts some THIRTY years ago. I have owned and successfully built 25+ street driven and competition cars for drag, autocross, and road racing. The takeaway from that is that I have experience that I like to share with others on parts, tires, driving, whatever is beneficial for the forum membership - be they salty old pros or newcomers, alike.

Point is, I got pedigree. But I don't advertise that fact. Never done so (until now) because I don't have a need to prove anything to anyone. (Unfortunately, the low signal:noise ratio of this drew me out and I don't care much for it. Feh.)

You, on the other hand, come in to the forum this month like a troll and tell everyone how f'd up they are and admitting to how many wheels you've curbed, bashed, and broken. Think about that for a moment. If you can't understand what I'm telling you about that admission, well, read no further because the rest assuredly will mean nothing to you.

BUT.... I still learn from people here. On any topic or subject matter. Regardless of their tenure or newness here. Whether they are 17 or 70. (Do you know who Max Verstappen is? I would LOVE to take a driving lesson from that 17 year old!!) It's called an "open mind".

Sure, everyone that drives their Z (or any other car) the way they are meant to be driven can and often will put a wheel off course and break something. But to use that point as a reinforcement of your choice of wheel.... umm, not so much.

But I have to say that of all the idiosyncratic comments you made - in this thread alone - the one condemning people being "God damn car noobs." (where you can't even get the italicization correct) is the one that irks me the most.

What, do you think you were born Carroll Shelby? My uncle Confusion (Confucious' younger brother) has a saying (one of many) you might care to consider: "Take pride in your ACCOMPLISHMENTS, as high as you have reached on the ladder of success, but NEVER forget that you were once on the ground about to take that first rung...reluctantly." (And please note the proper italicization of that phrase.)

So, while you claim to have knowledge of cars in general (jack of all trades, master of none), let's make it clear that no one on this thread claims to be a "Z expert". Some genuinely are, most not. That's why we're all here talking. (Not here just to hear ourselves talk.)

And I'll say, you're right. Enthusiasts SHOULD know how to properly size a tire to a car. But not everyone does. Yet.

The real bottom line is that the entire point of this forum (and all forums) is to discuss our cars intelligently, to learn from others by searching and asking, to share useful info. Likening this to a classroom, well, there are going to be the smart, experienced kids, the ones in the middle and a few who are just starting out and are there to learn.

Then there are the ones who are on the fringe. You know the ones... Probably smart but have too much attitude to take part constructively, cooperatively, and without a willingness to add to the conversation thusly. Those are called the "all about thems." My wife, the educator, has a word for those displaying such tendencies. "Problematic".

Your contributions thus far have shown everyone where in this construct you fall.

So, sir/madam, I would strongly suggest that you take a look at your postings -with an empathetic vantage point on how you come across - and then and only then, if you think you have something constructive to contribute, by all means, go for it. But if all you are going to do is belittle others with bad 'tude, self righteousness, and a transparent know-it-all belief in yourself, well, hope you got your Nomex on.

Mic

PS BTW, your ink impresses no one. It's just self profession of insecurity taken to a new high. Not saying it isn't nice, just has no cred in the context of this thread.
The following users liked this post:
StevSam (07-28-2015)
Old 07-27-2015, 11:26 AM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Adding my 2c since I have several sets of wheels all on different brand tires. I just got 265/35/18 v12s and compared to the Nitto Invos that just came off the car, they are a bit more skittish around corners. Great for daily and more comfortable than the Invos. I rotate wheels/tires as often as Mic rotates driving his 9 cars throughout the day.
The following 2 users liked this post by mr. sparco:
Old 07-27-2015, 11:41 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Now I've seen a gremlin take a dump, see below.

Last edited by jhc; 07-28-2015 at 05:06 AM.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:45 AM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by jhc
Now I've seen a gremlin take a dump, see below.

When jhc sneek edit and diss noobs....
Old 07-27-2015, 01:42 PM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Goodness.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:25 PM
SR71
Lead Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 305 Likes on 166 Posts

Old 07-27-2015, 05:02 PM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by SR71
That's pretty funny!

Last edited by jhc; 07-28-2015 at 02:43 AM.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:04 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,309 Likes on 1,663 Posts

Cleanup and edit your posts a bit, 7th in particular. If I have to edit posts later tonight, I won't be as nice as this warning.

I'm all about calling people out when they post dumb junk, but there is a tactfull way to do it.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:13 PM
travlee
Master

grrr, i cleaned mine up, but i can't change what was quoted
Old 07-27-2015, 05:27 PM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

So, Back on topic.
I bought Bridgestone 760's for my daily.
265/35/18 fr
295/35/18 rr

Wearing pretty well after only 5k miles. gl OP!
Old 07-27-2015, 09:02 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,309 Likes on 1,663 Posts

Now we are back to the topic, V12 is my go to street tire. My Z had Falken 452, Nitto Invo and V12 on it for street use. Nitto was the best, but you can't rotate it by design. I would flip the tires for rotation. The 452 was freaking awesome for the first could months, fell off and wore quickly. The V12 worked great all around, rain dry, playing in canyons and it stayed grippy for many miles.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:48 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Now we are back to the topic, V12 is my go to street tire. My Z had Falken 452, Nitto Invo and V12 on it for street use. Nitto was the best, but you can't rotate it by design. I would flip the tires for rotation. The 452 was freaking awesome for the first could months, fell off and wore quickly. The V12 worked great all around, rain dry, playing in canyons and it stayed grippy for many miles.
I've heard for a long the V12 is one of the best all purpose tires out there. Does anyone really trust the treadwear ratings?

Quick Reply: Looking to purchase tires today..What to get?