Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

cant mount tires on te37

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 10:47 PM
nizmo_0385

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts

So would this be the op fault for not knowing his new wheels were reverse mount or the company's fault he went to? I can see it being the companys fault if he purchased them there if now should the company know which wheels are reverse mount? Are there ways to tell just by looking at the wheel? If so what are they?
Old 08-07-2015, 05:53 AM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by nizmo_0385
So would this be the op fault for not knowing his new wheels were reverse mount or the company's fault he went to? I can see it being the companys fault if he purchased them there if now should the company know which wheels are reverse mount? Are there ways to tell just by looking at the wheel? If so what are they?

Honestly, i think the shop shouldve know. Thats like if i take my stagger set in for a rotation, the shop should know that the 10s doesnt belong in the front and the 9s shouldnt be on the back.

Yes i shouldve known better, i believe that if this is your profession, you shouldve known. And if this is what you do all day, you should be able to get it done without damages.

Yes accident happens, but to quit when you f up, thats just lazy. Not to mention, blaming that the wheels are soft, when its clearly YOUR fault, thats just unacceptable.

I went to a different shop, and they were able to mount these with mo damage, and idk how, but they were also able to mount it with the face facing up.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:00 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,143 Likes on 6,594 Posts

you gotta remember, if it is a big box chain.. they are prob paying people barely over minimum wage, so they prob just dont care
Old 08-07-2015, 06:07 AM
turboed350z

Originally Posted by travlee
you gotta remember, if it is a big box chain.. they are prob paying people barely over minimum wage, so they prob just dont care
The ones that was was able to mount them with no damage was actually discount tires haha. But then again, they had 2 of their best "tech" work on the wheels.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:32 AM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

FYI, I took my LMGT4's to a local family-owned shop where I bought a set of Hankook V12s. They had no problems, my wheels were in like-new shape, and they didn't put a mark on them. Dumas Tires in Lutz, FL - for anyone in the Tampa area. Been going there for 25+ years.

Last edited by dcains; 08-07-2015 at 06:33 AM.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:50 AM
turboed350z

Originally Posted by dcains
FYI, I took my LMGT4's to a local family-owned shop where I bought a set of Hankook V12s. They had no problems, my wheels were in like-new shape, and they didn't put a mark on them. Dumas Tires in Lutz, FL - for anyone in the Tampa area. Been going there for 25+ years.
I tend to like to private family shop myself, but the family tire shop in my area sucks. Took my old mustang wheels there once, and ill never do it again. I was tempted to drive an hour and a half to a big city to get this done, but thankfully, my local discount tires was able to get it done. A bit on the expensive side, $110 for all four, butnit was worth it.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:48 PM
XM 1

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by nizmo_0385
it's most def. not the OP's fault!! that's for sure!! he as the customer shouldn't worry about this stuff, there are trained people who should now that stuff.
actually there should be a sticker on the inside of the wheel right next to the offset sticker, you can see it here->

it's the big a** one with caution on it. there it is writen that it's a rear mount wheel. so i would say it's the shops fault for not reading those stickers...if they where still in place (the tend to peel off easily).
Old 08-11-2015, 01:33 PM
driftsucky

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

In all honesty, that first shop was on the gaff. Here's what probably happened...they got the wheels in, damaged one, didn't wanna fool with the rest, so they cut their losses with that BS story. I can say I've come up with reasons NOT to have my guys work on people's cars because I didn't wanna get jammed up. But I've never stopped in the middle of the job. As far as how to mount, I'm sure I've done them all the same way...unless there were valve stem restrictions or something. Heck, I got an uncle that still mounts tires with fire and a wedge lol. They just a bunch of hacks really. No class
Old 08-11-2015, 01:35 PM
PP08HR

Received 96 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by driftsucky
In all honesty, that first shop was on the gaff. Here's what probably happened...they got the wheels in, damaged one, didn't wanna fool with the rest, so they cut their losses with that BS story. I can say I've come up with reasons NOT to have my guys work on people's cars because I didn't wanna get jammed up. But I've never stopped in the middle of the job. As far as how to mount, I'm sure I've done them all the same way...unless there were valve stem restrictions or something. Heck, I got an uncle that still mounts tires with fire and a wedge lol. They just a bunch of hacks really. No class

QFT!