Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Brand/type spacer for 370z rim on 350z

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 07:43 AM
NeoGixxer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brand/type spacer for 370z rim on 350z

So for those forums members running 370z rims on their 350z. I was curious what brand/type of 20mm spacer do u recommend for your front rims? Do u really need 370z OEM lug nuts?

Thanks everyone

Last edited by NeoGixxer; 08-22-2017 at 07:45 AM.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:55 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Originally Posted by NeoGixxer
So for those forums members running 370z rims on their 350z. I was curious what brand/type of 20mm spacer do u recommend for your front rims? Do u really need 370z OEM lug nuts?

Thanks everyone
Running a set of generic spacers from a place I've bought at least a dozen sets from on EBay. All worked fine, never had a problem with them. Cheap enough that with most of them I threw in with whatever wheel set sold.

YES, you need the OEM (or OEM style) shank (barrelled) lug nuts else you'll be doing a Lucille (loose wheel) down the road some. OEM Z34 wheels do not have conical seats.

370Z Nismo accessory wheels.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:02 AM
NeoGixxer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Mic, can u recommend any good quality spacer brands? Do u prefer spacers with studs or without and that are hub centric? What about bolt protrusion on your setup?

I read that any spacer less than 25mm, the hub bolt will protrude out?
Old 08-22-2017, 11:19 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Originally Posted by NeoGixxer
Thanks Mic, can u recommend any good quality spacer brands? Do u prefer spacers with studs or without and that are hub centric? What about bolt protrusion on your setup?

I read that any spacer less than 25mm, the hub bolt will protrude out?
Here are the ones I have.... many sets from this company:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pc-20mm-Thi...tYkPBW&vxp=mtr

HOWEVER, there are many who don't trust "no-name" spacers. I'll just say that I have not had any problems with these. But, for a time, I was swapping wheels out fairly routinely (scary that ) and make sure I use a little anti-seize on both the hub bolts and the spacer bolts and I also routinely check torque just to make sure.

If you prefer name brand - don't blame ya - H&R, Eibach, Ichiba all seem to have good reps. I've only used one of these, Ichiba, so can't really speak to the others. But honestly, I can't tell the difference in quality and they've not failed so.... you're on your own there.

Yes, the car's hub bolts will protrude but most quality wheels (Nissan OEM/accessory wheels (like pictured below) for sure, have relief indents in the backs of the wheels so there's no issue with fitting over stock hub bolts.

Just make sure your wheels have these before installing spacers.

Also, hub centric is the only way to assure there'll be no slop (leading to vibration). Get spacers that are the proper 66.1 and make sure you use hub rings on aftermarket wheels. (That's for anyone else reading.... your Nissan OEM wheels are set!)

By the way, the 40+ offset Z34 wheels do fit with clearance (standard brakes) without spacers but they're sunken-in by a fair amount due to both the high offset AND the extra width over stock Z33 wheels (as the comparison baseline.)

Usual disclaimer: I dislike using spacers at all BUT if you want to run Z34 wheels or are concerned with aftermarket whills fitting flush or close, you gotta use 'em if you don't buy the proper offset to begin with.
The following users liked this post:
Desert Z (08-30-2017)