Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Tire Pressure Warning (faulty maybe)

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 04:06 PM
Charlie_m321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Pressure Warning (faulty maybe)

Recently my tire pressure light went on, the digital pressure gauge reads 20 but when I checked all my tires they were all around 30. Every time I turn the car on the alarm for low tire pressure turns on. Are 350's knows for faulty tire pressure sensors or do I need to get something looked at?
Old 09-06-2017, 04:59 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,288 Likes on 2,339 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie_m321
Recently my tire pressure light went on, the digital pressure gauge reads 20 but when I checked all my tires they were all around 30. Every time I turn the car on the alarm for low tire pressure turns on. Are 350's knows for faulty tire pressure sensors or do I need to get something looked at?
Batteries in the TPM sensors are probably going. OEM ones are, at minimum, 9 years old and as old as 14 so yes. And that holds for all cars, not just Zs.

Go to your local tire shop and have them read the sensors. That'll tell you which one or ones are bad.

But my advice, monitor your tires manually, do not believe in the system to tell you when they're low and have all of them swapped when it's time for tires. (Unless your shop installs for free, which some do.) Just easier to do it when the tires are coming off anyways.
The following users liked this post:
Charlie_m321 (09-06-2017)