Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Cant find what I am looking for...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 04:40 AM
Mukrat
Race Naked FTW!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Cant find what I am looking for...

I know I am going to sound newbish, but I cant find the info I am looking for....

First question... Rolling the fenders? What dose this mean, entail doing, tools required? I hear it now and then coupled with a larger tire, but don't really understand what it means or dose.

Second question... What is the widest tire I can fit on my Track model Rayes rims? I saw the dimentions somewhere but can't find them now. Plus alot of this tire info is german to me.

Basically I am trying to figure out what kind of tires to get once the stock once need to be replaced. I can wear out the stock tires pretty fast if I want to, forcing me to replace them. Or I can ride them forever and never need replacing. I really like the wide tire look, as well as traction, all around the car. The staggered setup I understand is to provide more traction in the rear, thats a good thing But wider tires in the front should help with traction all around.

I like my Rayes and Brembos, thats why I got the track model. I dont want to replace the rims or brakes so I'd like to put the widest tire with the best traction and top speed rating I can find.

Any suggestions?
Old 04-02-2004, 04:55 AM
Audito350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rolling the fender means you roll the inner edge of the wheel well up out of the way of a wider wheel and roll the fender arch out away from the tire... there are special tools to do this and it's usually done to accomodate wider wheels/tires

You can put up to a 275 on that wheel... but it's not recommended. Most all tire manufacturers specify 255 as the widest on an 8.5" wide wheel. I run 245/40-18 in front and 255/40-18 in back no my Track model wheels... looks good and fits fine.

Cheers,

PeteH
Old 04-02-2004, 07:05 AM
Mukrat
Race Naked FTW!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thats what I was lokking for, thanks Audito350Z.

Why is it a bad idea to put 275s on the rear tires tho? Is it because of caster/toe? Or dose it hit the fenders/wheel wells ?