Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Anyone know anything about this car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 08:01 PM
Spee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know anything about this car?

I know, the car is hideous, but I am trying to find out about the front brakes. Looks like a very interesting kit. I've tried searching on Tom Motorsports and all I came up with was a second hand vendor selling their seats.

The brakes look like the Project Mu kit, but with dual calipers. Any info would be appreciated.

Old 05-02-2004, 08:24 PM
spdu4ia

i dont know but it is sweet
Old 05-03-2004, 12:30 PM
Landbarger

hideous, but the amount of carbon is pretty cool, if in fact it is carbon and not carbon layed over the skin of the car, or otherwise fake (imo a big chance).
Old 05-03-2004, 12:56 PM
Jeff@Evolution

Damn,,, dual calipers.
Old 05-03-2004, 01:06 PM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone know anything about this car?

Originally posted by Spee
I know, the car is hideous, but I am trying to find out about the front brakes. Looks like a very interesting kit. I've tried searching on Tom Motorsports and all I came up with was a second hand vendor selling their seats.

The brakes look like the Project Mu kit, but with dual calipers. Any info would be appreciated.

The brakes are Project Mu (either that or they are painted teal ). I didn't think they had an application for the Z33, but maybe they were meant for an R34, Z32 or something. He most likely had to buy two front brake sets. I can't imagine what that would have cost. Maybe $5000. Bulletproof can probably get the Project Mu for you. I wonder what you'd need to do get that brake set-up balanced and streetable.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:01 PM
Spee

Default Re: Re: Anyone know anything about this car?

Originally posted by Traffic
The brakes are Project Mu (either that or they are painted teal ). I didn't think they had an application for the Z33, but maybe they were meant for an R34, Z32 or something. He most likely had to buy two front brake sets. I can't imagine what that would have cost. Maybe $5000. Bulletproof can probably get the Project Mu for you. I wonder what you'd need to do get that brake set-up balanced and streetable.
Here is a link to a place that sells the project mu kit for the 350. Project mu big brake kit

And for that type of application, it's more than just buying a second set of calipers for the front. You need to be able to fab a bracket for them, which would possibly involve altering the spindle. You would also need to adjust the brake bias for the 8 extra pistons.

Someone posted a similiar kit on tt.net a LONG time ago but I can't seem to find it. And all my 'dual caliper' searched on google come up with motorcycle links :-/

Thanks.