Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Here's the rub...or not???

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 02:08 PM
J_Bell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here's the rub...or not???

I've searched throughout back posts in this forum, and several other G35 related forums to find a definitive answer to my question about aftermarket wheel fitment. Well, I decided to do an experiment after digesting all the forum info and call various wheel suppliers to get their opinions. Some were straight forward and definitive in their answers, while others sounded like they didn't know what they were talking about (some from highly regarded wheel shops!) I called seven stores to get their recomendations for offsets on Volk SF challenge wheels.

First, I explained to them that I had a 2004 Infiniti G35 coupe, with 6MT and Brembo brakes. I have recently installed Eibach springs which lowered the car 1". I was interested in 8.5 x 19 (fr) and 9.5 x 19 (rear) wheels, and I would fit them with 245/35 (fr) and 275/35 (rear) tires. I expressed my consern about brake clearance and the tires rubbing the fender.

This is what offset (front/rear) they told me:
One said 29/29
One said 29/23
One said 32/34
One said 24/24
Three said 21/23

My first question is, "Who is right?"
My second question is, "If I go with the three who said 21/23, will I have problems brake clearance, with the tires rubbing the fender or other parts of the suspension, and/ or tire wear problems??? HELP!!!!!!!