Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Some Questions................

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 10:08 PM
AceJ587

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Some Questions................

Hey guys.....
first off, I just bought a USED set of Track Rays (about 22k miles on them) to replace the stock 17's on my car...

1st Q: It is a direct replacement from the 17's isnt it? Or do I need to add Spacers?

2nd Q: Immediately after install of Track wheels/tires, I have noticed a slight cabin vibration during braking..Normal? Or does it sound like the tires need to be Re-Balanced?

Thanks!
Old 08-02-2004, 07:42 AM
AceJ587

Uhhh BUMP
Old 08-02-2004, 10:56 AM
Vivid Racing
Sponsor
Vivid Racing

sounds like the tires might have a wear problem just like all the other Z's. They should be balanced already. You could see if nissan will do an alignment and switch the tires from one side to the other. I got something in the mail about this.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:03 PM
AceJ587

Well for one, the front tires were replaced by the dealer for the feathering issue, a while prior to me buying them...They are like new..Now................

The REAR tires are Bald (with More tread worn in the middle, there is much more tread remaining on the outsides.), and on top of that, apparently one of them was dis-mounted from the wheel at one point to fix a puncture in the tire or something..

When the "Person" went to re-mount the tire, he put it on backwards...(with the rotation arrow pointing towards the rear)...I was thinking Since most cabin vibrations are attributed to the rear tires, this could be it, but we'll see..Having a set of SP9000's put on the Rears tomorrow.