Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

New Volks TPS help

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 12:17 AM
Reefkpr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Volks TPS help

I just purchased new Volk wheels and need help.
I have searched and searched and I still can't find the answer. Can the tps be disabled. I get a low tire pressure warning light on constantly and every time the car is started it defaults to the tire pressure reading with a flashing psi. I like to keep it on MPH. I really don't care about the tps just want the light to go away and the multi function gauge not to default to tire pressure. Please don't flame me I really did try searching and couldn't find the simple answer. Thanks
Old 10-28-2004, 05:55 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what kind of wheels?

they will not work in the original valve stem position if they are GTC / GT7 / SF Winnings or any of the other 2 piece wheels...

They WILL work in the valve stem position in CE/LE28N / TE/LE37 / SF Challenge the single piece wheels...

If you do not have them installed at all you will not get any flashing lights or warning signals that they are not presant.

Technically you can use the TPS in the GTC / GT7 / SFWINNING wheels etc... but... if you have big brakes the top of the valve stem will be sticking straight up and may hit the top of them... If you have 19"s and Non-Brembo brakes, there will be enough clearance, but if you want to put air into the tire at all you will have to do some manuvering to get to the top of the valve stem since it will be sticking straight up into the middle of the wheel.. hehe
Old 10-28-2004, 07:22 AM
Reefkpr

Originally posted by Jason@Performance
what kind of wheels?

they will not work in the original valve stem position if they are GTC / GT7 / SF Winnings or any of the other 2 piece wheels...

They WILL work in the valve stem position in CE/LE28N / TE/LE37 / SF Challenge the single piece wheels...

If you do not have them installed at all you will not get any flashing lights or warning signals that they are not presant.

Technically you can use the TPS in the GTC / GT7 / SFWINNING wheels etc... but... if you have big brakes the top of the valve stem will be sticking straight up and may hit the top of them... If you have 19"s and Non-Brembo brakes, there will be enough clearance, but if you want to put air into the tire at all you will have to do some manuvering to get to the top of the valve stem since it will be sticking straight up into the middle of the wheel.. hehe
Jason the wheels are SF Challenge and I left the sensors completly out. I do get a flashing psi on my multi dispay and the low tire pressure light stays on constant. The multi gauge reads ---- --- and every time the car is started it defaults to the psi screen. I use my multi display for MPH. I just want to disable the light and flashing psi. Is this possible????????
Old 10-28-2004, 07:36 AM
jester7500

The SF Winnings and the SF Challenges are both 2-piece wheels and both have the same "L" shaped valve stem, so the original valve stem may work just like what Jason said. If you do use the original valve stem, putting air into your tire won't be so difficult, since there is a lot of room between the wheel spokes. I don't have the TPS's installed. I've only had the low tire pressure light come on after 30 min of driving or so. I haven't had the multi guage flashing light come on......yet. Let me know what you do.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:22 PM
Reefkpr

Ok update: I removed the connectors from the TPS receiver and it eliminated the flashing Psi on the Multi function guage. I still have a Low Tire pressure Warning light that stays on constant. I have tried disconnecting the battery and still no fix. Anyone have any other ideas??? Thanks
Old 10-29-2004, 05:51 PM
jaxxxx

i would like to know also
Old 10-30-2004, 11:59 AM
Reefkpr

I know somebody must have the fix for this. As many people with Aftermarket wheels someone has got to have the answer for this.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:29 PM
Reefkpr

Originally posted by jaxxxx
i would like to know also
Still have not found the answer. Today I took apart the entire speedometer cluster and found the small led on the mainboard. I covered the led with a small piece of electrical tape and it did the trick. This is a temporary fix and I would much rather disable the entire system. So if anyone else has the answer please post.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:55 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

Originally Posted by Reefkpr
Still have not found the answer. Today I took apart the entire speedometer cluster and found the small led on the mainboard. I covered the led with a small piece of electrical tape and it did the trick. This is a temporary fix and I would much rather disable the entire system. So if anyone else has the answer please post.

so is there an answer for this ?
Old 03-18-2005, 03:19 PM
LATEZ

have you tried the ECU reflash
do this away from you stock wheels so the ecu does not pick up the tps unit
inst on techosquare web site
Old 03-18-2005, 03:26 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

Originally Posted by LATEZ
have you tried the ECU reflash
do this away from you stock wheels so the ecu does not pick up the tps unit
inst on techosquare web site
ECU ? I don't think so. I don't want to change timing, a/f ratio, redline, or otherwise tune the motor. I just want to disable the TPMS!
Old 03-18-2005, 03:39 PM
LATEZ

the Z has a learning ECU
if you have aftermarket parts (performance part) you should do the reflash anyways I dont think it will adj anything else ...My ECU does not pick up the rear tps but still picks up the front I think idid the reflash in the garage too close to my stock wheels
Old 03-18-2005, 03:41 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

the ecu has nothing to do with it. There is a TPS controller in the car. The TPS sensors are wireless.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:59 PM
LATEZ

how come my display skips the rear TPS?
goes from f -------
-------
to RPM does not show me
r--------
--------

?????
Old 03-18-2005, 04:02 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

did you buy extra TPS sensors for your aftermarket wheels or what ?
Old 03-18-2005, 04:05 PM
LATEZ

nope ..my TPS are still in my stocks
Old 03-18-2005, 04:05 PM
LATEZ

I'll try to reset my ECU again see if it will erase the front TPS display
Old 03-18-2005, 04:11 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

It has nothing to do with the ECU. It has to do with the way that the TPMS stores the last good reading before you remove the sensors. Doesn't sound like a problem since you don't have sensors connected.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:14 PM
LATEZ

I'm kool with it ...as long as we kno not to run to the service station to add air whenever the light appears ..unlike someone I kno =)
hope you find a solution
Old 03-18-2005, 04:14 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

Originally Posted by Reefkpr
Ok update: I removed the connectors from the TPS receiver and it eliminated the flashing Psi on the Multi function guage. I still have a Low Tire pressure Warning light that stays on constant. I have tried disconnecting the battery and still no fix. Anyone have any other ideas??? Thanks
you unplugged BOTH connectors ?

Quick Reply: New Volks TPS help