Notices

Questions/Advice??

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 09:17 PM
Dixeydarlin86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions/Advice??

Not knowing this area super well, I have a few questions I would appreciate any and all help on. I need suggestions for a shop in the area that has Z experience, having a tough time with my gas gauge, its suddenly not working properly. Also, any suggestions on someone or someplace that can re-finish the chrome lip on my rims would be appreciated. Thanks much!! Stephanie
Old 10-19-2009, 03:05 PM
paposalsa
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say Custom Car Care in Yorktown but they are expensive.

The other shop would be SAGE (351-0000) in Norfolk, talk to Joe the owner. He drives a Nismo and the shop has experience dealing with Zs.

As for the rims ask Joe too, he has a lot of contacts and a real good guy to deal with.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:01 PM
my350isblack

You can try stock or modified in va beach if joe can't help. I'm sure he can but if you want to price around
Old 10-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Bigalow

Originally Posted by Dixeydarlin86
Not knowing this area super well, I have a few questions I would appreciate any and all help on. I need suggestions for a shop in the area that has Z experience, having a tough time with my gas gauge, its suddenly not working properly. Also, any suggestions on someone or someplace that can re-finish the chrome lip on my rims would be appreciated. Thanks much!! Stephanie
gas gauge? Are talking about your oil pressure gauge?

I would recommend Sage Auto down in Norfolk near ODU. I was there last weekend and was impressed.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Dixeydarlin86

Nope, I mean gas gauge. I could be one of three things, I've narrowed it down for the most part. I just HATE people messing with my car, so I wanted to get some other opinions. I'll head over to Sage tomorrow. Thank you so much for the info
Old 10-20-2009, 02:54 AM
Bigalow

Nope, I mean gas gauge. I could be one of three things, I've narrowed it down for the most part. I just HATE people messing with my car, so I wanted to get some other opinions. I'll head over to Sage tomorrow. Thank you so much for the info

In that case then you might want to consider the dealership. I live in Hampton too and I take my Z to Promoco Nissan on Mercury. Most dealerships are shady but you can trust them... besides theres a female service rep that I wouldn't mind banging.

As a matter of fact, you can get a free 100 point inspection this month. https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2008-n...ml#post7807166

I had mine done appx two weeks ago. I own a used Z so I was anxious to see what Nissan would uncover.

You can have Nissan do the check-up and then take it somewhere else.

hope it helps.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:04 AM
reserved

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You live in Hampton. TidewaterZ is right there in Poquoson.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Dixeydarlin86

Talking Amazing!

Totally and completely overwhelmed with Sage/East Coast Custom. Love love love it. They were so nice, I have an appointment to start work on Thursday. Joe was FANTASTIC, and so was his wife. Assuming that the work will be quality, I will get everything done there from now on. Thank you all so much for the suggestions!!!
Old 10-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Bigalow

Originally Posted by reserved
You live in Hampton. TidewaterZ is right there in Poquoson.
I haven't been here real long time but I've never heard of them... Maybe Jose has..?

Totally and completely overwhelmed with Sage/East Coast Custom. Love love love it. They were so nice, I have an appointment to start work on Thursday. Joe was FANTASTIC, and so was his wife. Assuming that the work will be quality, I will get everything done there from now on. Thank you all so much for the suggestions!!!
I concur...
Old 10-24-2009, 12:30 PM
reserved

You won't be disappointed - Joe is really a great guy
Old 10-24-2009, 07:07 PM
paposalsa
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bigalow
I haven't been here real long time but I've never heard of them... Maybe Jose has..?

I concur...
Tidewater Z is expensive too, they deal more with old school Zs.

Glad you like it!! Joe is a great guy and customer service is great.

Last edited by paposalsa; 10-24-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:32 AM
reserved

Originally Posted by paposalsa
Tidewater Z is expensive too, they deal more with old school Zs.
I think their pricing is very reasonable. Todd (the owner) tracks his 350Z regularly so he has a lot of knowledge about what works well for the Z. He did all the work on my track car (an 03) - the whole set up he did was really amazing. The handling now is so incredibly well balanced.
We are very fortunate to have shops like Sage and Tidewater Z in our area.